Ambush Topics--7/3/2009

Verdict's longest running show runs down the latest in film, TV, and DVD, while challenging you to dig deep into the recesses of entertainment knowledge.

Ambush Topics--7/3/2009

Postby Dave Johnson » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:55 am

Newly recorded and ready to roll. Play along at home!

Erich: Favorite 80s cartoon theme songs

Dave: Fireworks!

Mike R.: Fortuitous impromptu taxi cab rides

Mac: Cloning gone wrong
Dave Johnson
Judge

Re: Ambush Topics--7/3/2009

Postby Gabriel Girard » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:38 am

Erich: Favorite 80s cartoon theme songs - Darkwing Duck

Dave: Fireworks! - I remember some in Coppola's One From The Heart - but I'm really not sure.

Mike R.: Fortuitous impromptu taxi cab rides - Leeloo falling in Bruce Willis' cab in The Fifth Element.

Mac: Cloning gone wrong - Michael Keaton's clones cloning themselves in Multiplicity.
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Postby Carl Wonders » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:46 pm

Favorite 80s cartoon theme song: Danger Mouse

Fireworks!: In It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, Sid Caesar and Edie Adams are locked in a hardware store basement and try to use dynamite to blow a hole in the wall to escape. They fail miserably, but manage to set off a bunch of fireworks (after setting fire to the place earlier).

Fortuitous impromptu cab ride: Esmeralda Villalobos' cab just happens to be in the alley to pick up Butch in Pulp Fiction

Cloning gone wrong: Shinzon from Star Trek: Nemesis, both for the character and the majority of the film.
Carl Wonders
Paralegal

Postby Mach6 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Favorite 80s cartoon theme songs: The Galaxy Rangers (No Guts, No Glory!)

Fireworks: I gotta go with the fireworks sequence at the end of Final Destination 3. Not only can fireworks be used for celebrations, but they can also rid the world of that annoying goth teenager.

Fortuitous impromptu cab ride: ANOTHER BRUCE WILLIS MOVIE. In Die Hard with a Vengeance, a Jamican dude's cab just happens to stop where John McClane & Zeus are outnumbered & outgunned in Harlem, NY & get them the heck out of there. (Does Bruce have some product placement deal with Cabs R' US?)

Cloning gone wrong: The 90's Spiderman cartoon had Mary Jane cloned from Hydroman's DNA. It was crazy cause I remembered she had disappeared for a while, came back & finally got married to Peter Parker. Then, in a later episode she was acting weird & then evaporated right in front of Spiderman. I'm not making this up!
Mach6
City Attorney

Postby Steve T Power » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:38 pm

Favorite 80's Cartoon Theme: I wanted to jump right in and say Spiral Zone! Wicked guitar solo and everything. But nothing truly beats G.I Joe. Then again, for sheer epic-ness Ropbotech's was amazing, a sure sign that you were about to watch something that was a little removed from your typical half hour toy commercial.

Fireworks: Ra's pyramid at the end of Stargate! Nice ring of fire shockwave there.

Fortuitous impromptu cab ride: Navy seals A squad of Seals steals a cab and goes on a tear through Lebanon while being chased by an armored assault vehicle.

Cloning Gone Wrong: Obscure episode of Red Dwarf where Lister tries to bring back his dead girlfriend and winds up with TWO Arnold Rimmers, "Now you've got it in stereo baybee!"
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Return to The Friday Filibuster