Ambush Topics--7/24/2009

Verdict's longest running show runs down the latest in film, TV, and DVD, while challenging you to dig deep into the recesses of entertainment knowledge.

Ambush Topics--7/24/2009

Postby Dave Johnson » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:59 am

Straight out of the oven! Play along at home.

Dave: vomiting a caustic substance

Mac: law enforcement ineptitude

Erich: non-hand replacements for hands

Mike R.: Movies that were all the rage in college but that you never want to see again.
Dave Johnson
Judge

Re: Ambush Topics--7/24/2009

Postby Carl Wonders » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:21 am

Vomiting a caustic substance: Okay, I'm going with the obvious and saying Brundlefly's melting of poor Stan Getz's hand and foot.

Law enforcement ineptitude: There was a fair bit of Duane T. Robinson bashing in the Cinema forum, but instead of piling on, let's go with Dennis Franz's Carmine Lorenzo from Die Hard 2, and throw in his parking cop brother Vito for good measure...

Non-hand replacements for hands: Not sure if it counts, but how about Judge Doom's anvil/rotary saw in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Movies that were all the rage in college but that you never want to see again There was a time when every college bus trip involved watching Billy Madison and/or (usually and) Happy Gillmore. Never. Again.
Carl Wonders
Paralegal

Postby Gabriel Girard » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:17 pm

Dave: vomiting a caustic substance - The Alien

Mac: law enforcement ineptitude - The cops in Plane 9 From Outer Space are just brain-dead.

Erich: non-hand replacements for hands - Captain Hook of course!

Mike R.: Movies that were all the rage in college but that you never want to see again. - The Matrix
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Postby Mach6 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:50 pm

Vomiting a caustic substance: Gotta go with the favorite, The Fly's hand & foot melting vomit attack.

Law enforcement ineptitude: Kim's protector (Pezuela from The Shield) & the airport security from the 24 Season 7 finale. Could Pezuela have held it in a bit longer & take a bathroom break an hour later? The rest of the so-called "security" got punked out by a Billy Ray Cyrus look-a-like.

Non-hand replacements for hands: I'm surprised Dave didn't mention this, but Man of Arms from the 2002 He Man cartoon could have his hands turn into laser guns or cannons.

Movies that were all the rage in college but that you never want to see again.: Independence Day. Amen, Mac, Amen. That movie has aged so badly.
Mach6
City Attorney

Postby Spencer » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:13 pm

Vomiting a caustic substance: How about Witches of Eastwick.....well, I guess cherry pits aren't exactly toxic.

Law enforcement ineptitude: The Bone Collector - one dude in a bed seems to figure out everything that a team of people couldn't.

Non-hand replacements for hands: I'm tempted to go with the final episode of the original series of Futurama, where Fry gets a new set of robot hands because they actually had a song about it, but since those were also "hands" more or less, I'll go with hooks sported by the T-1000 in T2 used to crawl up the back of the car driven by Arnie.

Movies that were all the rage in college but that you never want to see again.: Burton's Batman. Had enough Price for a lifetime, thanks.
Spencer
Law Clerk

Return to The Friday Filibuster