Ambush Topics 8-7-2009

Verdict's longest running show runs down the latest in film, TV, and DVD, while challenging you to dig deep into the recesses of entertainment knowledge.

Ambush Topics 8-7-2009

Postby Dave Johnson » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:30 pm

Playing catch up.

Dave: breakfast cereal

Erich: oddball chases.

Mac: antennae
Dave Johnson
Judge

Re: Ambush Topics 8-7-2009

Postby Carl Wonders » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:06 am

Breakfast Cereal – Vivica A. Fox tries to shoot Uma Thurman with a gun hidden in a cereal box in Kill Bill, Vol. 1

Oddball Chases - Construction helicopter (with Robert Shaw suspended from a winch) vs. Goodyear Blimp in Black Sunday (vastly underrated film, IMO)

Antennae - The Andorians from Star Trek -- only because that's how they are able to identify the imposter who tried to kill Spock's father
Carl Wonders
Paralegal

Re: Ambush Topics 8-7-2009

Postby Mach6 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:39 am

Breakfast Cereals: Carl beat me to the punch with his Kill Bill pick. I can't think of anything else.

Oddball Chases: The three-wheelers chase involving Kyle & Cartman in South Park's Cartoon Wars episode. I love it when the police car crashes because Kyle & Cartman are going so "fast". Or how bout in Transporter 3 when the Transporter uses a bicycle to chase down his stolen car.

Antennae: On Spiderman & his Amazing Friends, there was a bad guy called Swarm who could turn humans & superheroes into his evil drones. When zapped, EVIL WINGS & EVIL ANTENNAES would grow from his victims.
Mach6
City Attorney

Return to The Friday Filibuster