Ambush Topics 8-21-2009

Verdict's longest running show runs down the latest in film, TV, and DVD, while challenging you to dig deep into the recesses of entertainment knowledge.

Ambush Topics 8-21-2009

Postby Dave Johnson » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:30 pm

Freshly squeezed! Play along at home!

Mac: Tough guys who are really wusses

Mike R.: awesome footwear

Dave: Pick your own topic at magiceye.com!
Dave Johnson
Judge

Re: Ambush Topics 8-21-2009

Postby Mach6 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:27 pm

Tough guys who are really wusses: Cobra Commander from the 80's GI JOE cartoon. (Not the movie version, which Judge Rubino gave a, uh, "glowing" review of.) CC looked tough threatening the world with his ultimatiums but he always wussed out during the battle scenes or yelled "COBRA! RETREAT!" the 1st chance he got.

Awesome Footwear: I have to mention another 80's cartoon & go with Inspector Gadget with his Go Go Gadget Boots/Shoes that had rollerskates & rockets in them.

Magiceye.com: After Dave's attempt, there is no way I'm trying this one.
Mach6
City Attorney

Re: Ambush Topics 8-21-2009

Postby Carl Wonders » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:15 am

Tough guys who are really wusses Simon (played by Bill Paxton) in True Lies. Acts like a macho suave spy to get laid, and totally loses it when confronted, "Would a spy pee himself?!?" Come to think of it, at least 50% of Bill Paxton's roles over the years probably qualify in this category.

Awesome Footwear. I'm going to go retro here and say Maxwell Smart's shoe phone.

Magiceye.com Like Mach6, I just can't even go here after Dave's amazing performance...
Carl Wonders
Paralegal

Return to The Friday Filibuster