Ambush Topics--9/4/2009

Verdict's longest running show runs down the latest in film, TV, and DVD, while challenging you to dig deep into the recesses of entertainment knowledge.

Ambush Topics--9/4/2009

Postby Dave Johnson » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:59 am

Locked and loaded! Fo snizzle.

Erich: Eyepatches

Mike R.: Take a do-gooder PSA and turn it into a scifi film

Mac: Annoying damsels in distress

Dave: Submarine action!
Dave Johnson
Judge

Re: Ambush Topics--9/4/2009

Postby Mach6 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:31 pm

Eyepatches: I know it's obvious, but I'll go with 1 of the greatest anti-heroes in action movie history, Snake Plissken in Escape from New York. (Let's pretend Escape from L.A. never happened.)

Take a do-gooder PSA and turn it into a scifi film: I remember 1 of those GIJOE "Knowing Half The Battle" PSAs warning kids to use sunscreen before they go out to the beach so they wouldn't get REALLY RED SUNBURN. Maybe we can have aliens trying to destroy the ozone layer & the only way to survive is to develop a super sunscreen formula or create The Shield from Highlander 2.

Annoying damsels in distress: Mary Jane maybe #1, but coming in a close 2nd is Valentina in Transporter 3. She was an obnoxious, whiny, ugly, spoiled brat who caused trouble to Frank every chance she got.

Submarine action!: The Hunt for Red October. The most valuable lesson this movie taught me is if a Russian Sub fires a torpedo at my super hi-tech sub, I'll just have my sub move closer to it since I know communist torpedoes won't explode until they travel a few thousand feet(?!!!!).
Mach6
City Attorney

Return to The Friday Filibuster