Your new "Stargate" leader: Robert Carlyle

Current or vintage, broadcast, internet, cable, or satellite

Your new "Stargate" leader: Robert Carlyle

Postby J.M. Vargas » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:54 am

From The Hollywood Reporter: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3ia42e757920d927798a19726f013538af

Described as edgier, darker and younger-skewing than its predecessors, "Stargate Universe" follows a group of soldiers, scientists and civilians left to fend for themselves when forced through a Stargate after their hidden base comes under attack. The survivors, who emerge aboard an ancient ship missing in the far reaches of space, are led by Dr. David Rush (Carlyle), who works to unlock the ship's mysteries and return the group home but also might have ulterior motives.

"Robert Carlyle brings a depth, intelligence and complexity to his roles, which will fit perfectly with the fresh, new reinvention of this franchise," Sci Fi original-programming chief Mark Stern said.

Scotland-born Carlyle, best known for his roles in "Trainspotting" and "The Full Monty," recently starred opposite Kiefer Sutherland in Fox's "24: Redemption."
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Re: Your new "Stargate" leader: Robert Carlyle

Postby HGervais » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:32 am

I guess maybe that means we can mark Robert Carlyle off the list of potential Time Lords set to replace David Tennant on Doctor Who.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby BrettCullum » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:12 am

STARGATE is still rolling? I noticed today AMAZON's "Deal of the Day" is a 53 disc set of SG-1! Ugh! Half a hundred DVDs dedicated to a tv series from a mildly successful sci fi flick. I just don't get it.
Alex: It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen. (Clockwork Orange)
BrettCullum
Judge

Postby molly1216 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:09 am

that's whack.

i can't see him living in BC for more than 1 year..last time i checked he was too football mad to move out of the UK.

but i will sooo be watching!

:twisted: Stargate: voyager
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:49 pm

molly1216 wrote: :twisted: Stargate: voyager

Holy crap, you're right! :shock: It's the exact same set-up as "Voyager's" but in a "Stargate" universe. :lol:
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:11 pm

From The Hollywood Reporter: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i2079648bd224e2c87f3d680d3d35e6e7

Justin Louis, David Blue, Brian J. Smith and Jamil Walker Smith are set to co-star opposite Robert Carlyle on Sci Fi Channel's new original series "Stargate Universe."

Louis ("Hidden Hills") will play Col. Everett Young, an experienced Stargate team leader.

Blue ("Ugly Betty") plays Eli Wallace, a slacker who just happens to be an utter genius with anything he puts his mind to -- everything from mathematics to video games.

Brian J. Smith ("Hate Crime") is Lt. Matthew Scott, a junior member of the Stargate team thrust into the role of leader well before he's ready.

Jamil Walker Smith ("Sister, Sister") plays Sr. Sgt. Ronald Greer, a Marine with a temper.

So it's an all guy team in the new "Stargate" show? :shock:
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby Jon Mercer » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:45 am

Does anybody here remember when Stargate was an awesome movie that starred Kurt Russell?
Jon Mercer
County Attorney

Postby Steve T Power » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:38 am

Jon Mercer wrote:Does anybody here remember when Stargate was an awesome movie that starred Kurt Russell?

Give my regards to King Tutt Asshole!
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Jon Mercer » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:50 am

Steve T Power wrote:
Jon Mercer wrote:Does anybody here remember when Stargate was an awesome movie that starred Kurt Russell?

Give my regards to King Tutt Asshole!

I'd like to see MacGuyver deliver that line and still look as badass as Snake Burton!
Jon Mercer
County Attorney

Postby barnaclelapse » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:49 am

Well, I'm sold.

I have to admit though, I'm a little out of the loop in all things Stargate.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy."
-Tom Waits
barnaclelapse
City Prosecutor

Return to Television