TV Verdict

Current or vintage, broadcast, internet, cable, or satellite

TV Verdict

Postby Cynthia » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:33 pm

As some of you know, DVD Verdict has branched out into my favorite category of entertainment - TV. TVVerdict.com has been recently relaunched and I hope you'll all come and check it out. We have reviews and columns by many of your favorite DVD Verdict judges and we have some new blood, too.

Judge Dave Johnson is giving us the lowdown on 24 and Battlestar. Judge Adam has a fabulous "catch-up" post for those of you who follow Fringe. Jim Thomas is paying a visit to Dr. House. And more!

We also started out columns this week. Judge Tom Becker admits to his Guilty Pleasures, reviewing reality shows from Bromance to Top Chef. And starting today, we welcome a new writer, TV Tie-in and fantasy author Karen Miller joins us tomorrow with Karen Miller's Crime and Punishment (TV crime shows.) http://www.tvverdict.com/2009/01/21/crime-punishment-the-mentalist/

We'd love to have your thoughts and comments!

Cyn

Check out My DVD Reviews
Cynthia
Judge (Retired)

Re: TV Verdict

Postby Chinese Jet Pilot » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:24 pm

Yeah I am reading the tv verdict review of 24. I am liking the show too. I will check out the BSG reviews once I get back into watching it (missed the season opener).
Chinese Jet Pilot
City Attorney

Postby Stubblecat » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:38 pm

I know I was shot down before, but I think this would be a good time to create a new sub-directory within the forum to discuss all these TV-related shenanigans.

Just a thought...
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Stubblecat
City Attorney

Postby molly1216 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:06 pm

Stubblecat wrote:I know I was shot down before, but I think this would be a good time to create a new sub-directory within the forum to discuss all these TV-related shenanigans.

Just a thought...

if you wanna talk about 24, start a thread
if you wanna talk lost start a thread.

as yet we don't have enough tv related threads to demand a spinoff directory.
once we have a large number of active threads on any related topic, spinning it off would be logical.
starting a new forum or subdirectory just because, you think it MAY be useful, is a bad idea.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby The Butcher » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:27 pm

Stubblecat wrote:I know I was shot down before, but I think this would be a good time to create a new sub-directory within the forum to discuss all these TV-related shenanigans.

Just a thought...

it was tried...it was a bad (and I mean BAD) scene.
Just a person who protects children and other living things
The Butcher
City Attorney

Postby Stubblecat » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:41 pm

Duly noted. If it was as bad as you folk imply, I won't bring it up again.
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Stubblecat
City Attorney

Postby molly1216 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:40 pm

Stubblecat wrote:Duly noted. If it was as bad as you folk imply, I won't bring it up again.

it was worse
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby Shmoooooo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:49 pm

molly1216 wrote:
Stubblecat wrote:Duly noted. If it was as bad as you folk imply, I won't bring it up again.

it was worse

Yup, it was the inclusion of a TV review folder that pissed everyone off ... yup.
Shmoooooo
City Attorney

Return to Television