Emmy Awards

Postby Jim_Thomas » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:23 am

Jon Cryer?!?!?!?

Thank you.
Jim_Thomas
Judge

Re: Emmy Awards

Postby Dark Knight » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:35 am

Loved the part when Dr. Horrible interrupted the people who tabulate the votes.
I had to save that on a disc.
"Can you Photoshop your life with better decisions Jerry?"
Dark Knight
City Attorney

Postby BrettCullum » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:15 pm

Does anybody truly care about these anymore other than industry types who love the pat on the ass an Emmy gives them? Ugh! It was beyond boring. Television is so fractured now, and I only watch a certain amount of shows. So I had almost no clue who some of these people were. Yawn, yawn, yawn!
Alex: It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen. (Clockwork Orange)
BrettCullum
Judge

Postby Dunnyman » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:44 pm

It was at least nice to see that one of the most innovative shows ever, Pushing Daisies, got noticed via Kristin Chynoweth's win...too bad the incredibly un-imaginative network killed it before it could win dozens more awards.
"I ain't a boy, no I'm a man, and I believe in the Promised Land"
-Coming to the USA on January 20, 2009!
Dunnyman
County Attorney

Postby HGervais » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:44 pm

Dunnyman wrote:It was at least nice to see that one of the most innovative shows ever, Pushing Daisies, got noticed via Kristin Chynoweth's win...too bad the incredibly un-imaginative network killed it before it could win dozens more awards.

And I think 3 technical Emmy's as well.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby Observer » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:24 am

Also, it's undeniable that Bryan Cranston deserves his award for Breaking Bad, but if I were an emmy voter, I would probably have voted for his equally deserving competition who haven't won yet. Jon Hamm, Hugh Laurie and Michael C. Hall don't have emmys yet. Doesn't this strike anyone as wrong?
"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about." The Hudsucker Proxy (1994)
Observer
Paralegal

Postby Dunnyman » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:04 pm

Observer wrote:Also, it's undeniable that Bryan Cranston deserves his award for Breaking Bad, but if I were an emmy voter, I would probably have voted for his equally deserving competition who haven't won yet. Jon Hamm, Hugh Laurie and Michael C. Hall don't have emmys yet. Doesn't this strike anyone as wrong?

Cranston has deserved one since the very first episode of Malcom In The Middle. 'Bout time the man got noticed for being pretty freakin' talented.
"I ain't a boy, no I'm a man, and I believe in the Promised Land"
-Coming to the USA on January 20, 2009!
Dunnyman
County Attorney

Return to Television