favorite Doctor Who moments

Current or vintage, broadcast, internet, cable, or satellite

favorite Doctor Who moments

Postby molly1216 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:52 pm

before we wave off Tennant for good and all...let's take a walk down memory lane...
i have a lot of fond moments of the Doctor Who reinvention...

that 1st moment when Eccleston advises rose to run for her life breaks me up every time. joyous mayhem.

I think my favorite favorite line is from Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead when he advises the Vashta Nerada: "I'm the Doctor! We're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up!"

then there's this one...which i seriously suspect is much funnier if you are English:
If you are an alien, how come you sound like youre from the north?
Lots of planets have a north!

and let's not forget the Shakespeare Code
TheDoctor:We can all have a good flirt later!
William Shakespeare: Is that a promise, Doctor?
The Doctor: ... 57 academics just punched the air.

anything else?
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Re: favorite Doctor Who moments

Postby HGervais » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:43 pm

"The Doctor Dances"....the look of joy on The Doctor's face when he realized no one had died.
"School Reunion"....the look on Sarah Jane's face when she discovers the TARDIS.
"The Family of Blood"..... where the Doctor's punishment is displayed.
"The Next Doctor"..how the Doctor chokes up when saying how his companions always break his hearts when they leave.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby Paul Kile » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:58 am

I can't think of any specific moments , but all the Stephen Moffat episodes were wonderful, especially "Blink" and "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances". All of his episodes come across like a really good, cerebral science fiction book by the likes of John Varley or James White, the sort of stories you can experience over and over and pick up subtleties each time. I look forward to his tenure as head writer, only wish that David Tennant could continue as the Doctor.

Call me a curmudgeon, but I felt that Russell T. Davies overstepped the Doctor Who Canon big time with the way he handled Rose Tyler - the Doctor got WAY past platonic with her, and that isn't the place of a Companion! And that silly episode where Rose is finally left with Doctor Who clone/sex toy on the Parallel Earth was just dumb.

By the way, just saw the recent Sara Jane Adventures two-parter with David Tennant. Enjoyable but bittersweet when you realize that was the last time David Tennant portrayed the Doctor.
Cheers,
Paul Kile
My collection: http://www.dvdspot.com/member=PaulKile
Paul Kile
City Attorney

Postby molly1216 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:33 am

Paul Kile wrote:Call me a curmudgeon, but I felt that Russell T. Davies overstepped the Doctor Who Canon big time with the way he handled Rose Tyler - the Doctor got WAY past platonic with her, and that isn't the place of a Companion! And that silly episode where Rose is finally left with Doctor Who clone/sex toy on the Parallel Earth was just dumb.

actually the Rose Tyler storyline didn't burn me up as much as this nonsense with Alex Kingston..so what? he told her his name, so she's married to him? that's entirely aggravating 40 years of Doctor lore out the window. I can see a Doctor playing house from time to time but I think marrying someone who is basically mortal compared to him is irresponsible.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby molly1216 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:52 pm

HGervais wrote:"The Doctor Dances"....the look of joy on The Doctor's face when he realized no one had died."

i agree..watched it again... "Everybody lives" makes me cry every time..
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby Kenneth Morgan » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:18 am

Hmmm...

I'll concur with "Everybody lives!" That is, indeed, a wonderful moment. I'll add a couple from "School Reunion": when the Doctor first sees SJS, and when he later tells her "Goodbye" (for the moment). Very heartwarming.

I'll also add:
-The Doctor and Grace say goodbye (the McGann Movie): the way the Doctor & Rose departure should've been handled, rather than beating the dead horse, resurrecting it, killing it again and beating it again.
-The Brig takes a stand against the Destroyer ("Battlefield"): perhaps his finest moment.
-The Dalek levitates for the first time ("Remembrance of the Daleks"): the Dalek moment we've all been waiting for, till RTD made them fly and it looked ridiculous.
-The Doctor nearly doesn't regenerate ("Caves of Androzani"): very dramatic, with the companions urging him on and the Master urging him to die.
-The Doctor leaves the party ("The Green Death"): a very bittersweet ending.
-The Doctor confront mad Xoanon ("The Face of Evil"): a very tense scene with one of the better cliffhangers.
-The Doctor mentions his family to Victoria ("Tomb of the Cybermen"): one of the earliest mentions of his family post-Susan, and a nice and angst-free character moment.

There are more, but I've got to get back to work.
-30-
Kenneth Morgan
City Prosecutor

Postby Ptolemy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:44 am

Any word when S1 through S4 are coming on Blu?
Elvis Presley was a model citizen. I've compiled a list of his traits for you to practice. Number one...is dancing!
Ptolemy
City Attorney

Return to Television