Dollhouse go beddy bye

Current or vintage, broadcast, internet, cable, or satellite

Dollhouse go beddy bye

Postby molly1216 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:24 pm

The Apocalypse Comes Early For Joss Whedon's Dollhouse
http://io9.com/5402497/the-apocalypse-c ... -dollhouse
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Re: Dollhouse go beddy bye

Postby J.M. Vargas » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:28 pm

Based on its ratings performance it shouldn't have even finished it's first season. The 2nd season is pure gravy for fans, and at least the show will get a proper sendoff (they were working on the 11th of 13 episodes when they got the news: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3ibd4c93af8a3194fa8f32bc3b11c6126a).
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby Dan Mancini » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:04 pm

Awesome. So glad that Fox killed Sarah Connor Chronicles in order to allow Joss Whedon to indulge in another epic fail. It was worth it.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby Dark Knight » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:09 pm

ABC axed "Hank" and "Eastwick" as well. But it gave "The Forgotten" and extra episode order.
"Hank" I understand, but I was starting to really like "Eastwick". I mean c'mon, Paul Gross as the Devil was pretty cool.
"The Forgotten" is weak, but it was getting better numbers than "Eastwick" so it's gone.
The producer of "Eastwick" said that he was told by ABC they will air all the episodes, but he didn't have enough notice to be able to tie things up.
"Can you Photoshop your life with better decisions Jerry?"
Dark Knight
City Attorney

Postby Stubblecat » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:40 pm

Gee, I hope we get a police procedural show to replace it. Or maybe a show about lawyers. Or doctors.
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Stubblecat
City Attorney

Postby Steve T Power » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:44 am

Fridays on FOX:

THE LAW OF MEDICINE! - Tune in as a team of plucky med students turned lawyers are joined by their feisty but paternal mentor, a retired doctor cum lawyer played by Morgan Freeman (who's descent into direct to DVD hell surely guarantees him a tv series in the near future) in investigating medical malpractice cases on a weekly basis!

GOLD!
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Dark Knight » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:45 am

Steve T Power wrote:Fridays on FOX:

THE LAW OF MEDICINE! - Tune in as a team of plucky med students turned lawyers are joined by their feisty but paternal mentor, a retired doctor cum lawyer played by Morgan Freeman (who's descent into direct to DVD hell surely guarantees him a tv series in the near future) in investigating medical malpractice cases on a weekly basis!

GOLD!

You forgot that they all live on the same Cul-de-sac.
"Can you Photoshop your life with better decisions Jerry?"
Dark Knight
City Attorney

Postby Dan Mancini » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:27 am

Dark Knight wrote:
Steve T Power wrote:Fridays on FOX:

GOLD!

You forgot that they all live on the same Cul-de-sac.

...which is secretly built on top of an Indian burial site.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby Stubblecat » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:56 pm

A long time ago at some other long-lost forum, I had a thread about TV show ideas. My big idea was a parody sitcom (kind of like Sledgehammer or Police Squad) called Officer Lawyer, M.D., to take the piss out of the only three occupations that seem to exist on network television.
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Stubblecat
City Attorney

Postby Stubblecat » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:57 pm

Hmm... I smell a new thread... An old thread, really, but new here...
Stubblecat
City Attorney

Postby BrettCullum » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:59 am

Personally I am hoping for a show about nurses to replace it... cause there's not enough of those on the air right now. Any emergency response people! :-)
Alex: It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen. (Clockwork Orange)
BrettCullum
Judge

Postby Dan Mancini » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:26 am

BrettCullum wrote:Personally I am hoping for a show about nurses to replace it... cause there's not enough of those on the air right now. Any emergency response people! :-)

Let's hope it's a show about sassy, cynical nurses who put doctors in their places and tell them how to do their jobs. Because it's realistic. Because doctors appreciate brusque and shrewish feedback on their decision-making from people who haven't been to med school. In fact, they love it.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby BrettCullum » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:01 pm

How about sassy nurses who are in fact reptilian alien invaders who have been messing with our culture since the 70s. Oh, and they run experiments off an island with mystical powers over time and with the ability to resurrect people. So they bring anybody they accidentally kill with their sassy advice back to life.
Alex: It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen. (Clockwork Orange)
BrettCullum
Judge

Postby BrettCullum » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:02 pm

Whoops! Sounds like I just gave Joss Wheedon a great new pilot...
BrettCullum
Judge

Postby Dan Mancini » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:05 pm

BrettCullum wrote:How about sassy nurses who are in fact reptilian alien invaders who have been messing with our culture since the 70s. Oh, and they run experiments off an island with mystical powers over time and with the ability to resurrect people. So they bring anybody they accidentally kill with their sassy advice back to life.

Add a killer cyborg and a group of singing high school students and I'll greenlight it.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Return to Television