Random TV Questions!!!

Current or vintage, broadcast, internet, cable, or satellite

Random TV Questions!!!

Postby Dunnyman » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:13 am

1)Best TV witch?
2)Character you'd most like to live next door to?
3)Hottest TV mom? (or dad)
4)Coolest TV house?
5)Boss you'd hate to work for?
6)Best TV dramatic actor/actress? (pick people who are primarily TV actors, not a great movie star who guest starred in something)
7)Best comedic actor/actress?
8)What show would you most like to live in?
9)Best TV director?
10)All time favorite drama?
11)All time favorite comedy?
12)Actor/actress that should have become a star but didn't?
13)Best and worst theme songs in TV history?
14)Best TV cop?
15)Least believable actor/actress switch?
16)Mother-in-law from hell?
"I ain't a boy, no I'm a man, and I believe in the Promised Land"
-Coming to the USA on January 20, 2009!
Dunnyman
County Attorney

Re: Random TV Questions!!!

Postby Mach6 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:19 am

1)Best TV witch? Phoebe Halliwell from Charmed. I'm a big Alyssa Milano fan & having the power of premonition is a cool power. The Cole/Phoebe relationship was the best part of Charmed.
2)Character you'd most like to live next door to? Ned Flanders from The Simpsons.
3)Hottest TV mom? (or dad) Sydney's mom Irina Derevko (Lena Olin) from Alias. Sure, she was evil, but she was MILF material.
4)Coolest TV house? Wayne Manor from the 60's Batman show.
5)Boss you'd hate to work for? Operations from La Femme Nikita. I know he was under a lot of pressure with running a super secret dark-ops unit that fought terrorists around the world, but if you screwed up just a couple times or became a threat to his power he would "cancel" you in a heart beat. He was way too demanding of his "employees".
6)Best TV dramatic actor/actress? (pick people who are primarily TV actors, not a great movie star who guest starred in something) Actor: Kiefer Sutherland (I know Kiefer's done a lot of movies before 24, but he's mostly been a TV actor the last 10 years. Keifer made Jack Bauer a pop culture icon.) Actress: CCH Pounder (She's an incredible presence that provided the heart & soul to The Shield.)
7)Best comedic actor/actress? Actor: Bruce Campbell Actress: Tina Fey
8)What show would you most like to live in? 24: I can get to any location by car in 10 minutes, never have to go to bathroom, barely need to eat or drink, & heal from any life threatening wounds in a few hours. Sure, I'd have to worry about a terrorist plan that would destroy the country every year or so. It's a small price to pay for perfection.
9)Best TV director? Jon Cessar's work on La Femme Nikita & 24 proves he is the best action director on TV right now.
10)All time favorite drama? The Shield (Every season was incredible except for the one with Glenn Close as the captain which was still good.)
11)All time favorite comedy? South Park: Unlike most shows that claim to be politically incorrect, South Park goes after everybody, whether you're religious, atheist, conservative, liberal, etc. I've said it numerous times, but it seems to get better every season.
12)Actor/actress that should have become a star but didn't? Charisma Carpenter: As a big Buffy & Angel fan, I thought she had the talent, charisma (no pun intended), looks, & comic timing to make it in the movies or star in her own show.
13)Best and worst theme songs in TV history? Best: I'm going old school again with The A-Team . The narration, gun shot noises, & music get the adrenaline pumping right away. The worst by far is that folksy crap excuse of a song they used for Star Trek Enterprise.
14)Best TV cop? Vic Mackey from The Shield. A cop with "the means justifies the ends" attitude that gets results & played by Michael Chiklis, enough said. (OK, so he's a dirty cop that sells drugs, kills other cops, & cheats on his wife. Sue me.)
15)Least believable actor/actress switch? I remember when they switched Bo & Luke on The Dukes of Hazzard with different actors for one season & even as a kid I thought that was lame.
16)Mother-in-law from hell? Got nothing.
Mach6
City Attorney

Postby BrettCullum » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:28 pm

1)Best TV witch? - SAMANTHA STEVENS... she was the first and the best in my book.

2)Character you'd most like to live next door to? - MacGuyver... frankly because the man can fix anything. What a resource to have when you mower breaks down, or th fridge is on the fritz.

3)Hottest TV mom? - Morena Baccarin as ANNA from "V"... mainly because in real life she is only five years older than her daughter.

4)Coolest TV house? - The Addams family house was always a place I wanted to live.

5)Boss you'd hate to work for? - The Man in Black from LOST... mainly because he would turn in to a big column of smoke during meetings.

6)Best TV dramatic actor/actress? Actually, you know Helen Mirren was on BBC mystery shows forever. She probably doesn't count, but what do I care? The line has been blurred between TV, the stage, and movies.

7)Best comedic actor/actress? Christina Applegate... for some reason she just makes me laugh looking at her.

8)What show would you most like to live in? This is tough... does animation count? Cause that Smurf village looks very sweet.

9)Best TV director? Joss Wheedon...

10)All time favorite drama? TWIN PEAKS

11)All time favorite comedy? ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT

12)Actor/actress that should have become a star but didn't? I agree with Miss Charisma Carpenter who I thought was going places and never did. She even got marginalized by the shows she supported for so many years.

13)Best and worst theme songs in TV history? Best had to be TWIN PEAKS with that Angelo Badalamenti score over the waterfall images, and worst? LOST with it's "nails across a chalkboard" ten second gash.

14)Best TV cop? Do the original three from CHARLIES ANGELS count?

15)Least believable actor/actress switch? The Darens on BEWITCHED... as if we were not supposed to notice!

16)Mother-in-law from hell? Endora from BEWITCHED... the end of all Mother-in-laws simply because she could wave her arms and turn you in to a goat.
Alex: It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen. (Clockwork Orange)
BrettCullum
Judge

Postby jcankerhuxley » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:34 pm

In showing my advanced age:

1) Best TV witch? Witcheepoo from HR Puffinstuff. She had a vroombroom and has a really cool castle.

2) Character you'd most like to live next door to? Hans Schultz was incredibly nice and bad at cards. If you do anything bad, Schultz sees nothing, hears nothing and knows NOTHING!

3) Hottest TV mom? (or dad): The original MILF and the source of the nurse fetish, was Diahann Carroll as Julia Baker (Julia). I use to fake being sick as a youngster in the hopes that I would be rush to the hospital where Julia worked and be slowly nursed back to health with her loving care Yum.

4) Coolest TV house? Dean Martin's swinging pad in The Dean Martin Show. It had a fire pole, a bar that never ran out of alcohol and a magic door where anyone could appear.

5) Boss you'd hate to work for? Lord Edmund Blackadder

6) Best TV dramatic actor/actress? (pick people who are primarily TV actors, not a great movie star who guest starred in something) Tony Shalhoub as Adrian Monk (Monk) or Richard Boon as Paladin (Have Gun - Will Travel)

7) Best comedic actor/actress? Don Knotts - I do not know if he ever did any bad TV.

8) What show would you most like to live in? TV Funhouse. Anipals I could party with.

9) Best TV director? John Frankenheimer whose 27 episodes of Playhouse 90 set the standard for what good television could be.

10) All time favorite drama? Band of Brothers and Jewel in the Crown.

11) All time favorite comedy? Get a Life with Chris Elliott. It was the anti-sitcom

12) Actor/actress that should have become a star but didn't? Steve Landesberg (Barney Miller) is at the top of my list. He is terribly funny and had comic potential to reliable cameo comic. Add to the list Matt Frewer (Max Headroom) and Dwight Schultz (Star Trek TNG and The A Team) would should have also become reliable comic support or at least great character actors.

13) Best and worst theme songs in TV history? The best is “Gordon’s Theme” (from the long lost ALF animated show called ALFtoons) is just so darned catchy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3pmEN3W ... re=related
The worst is a tie between the dreadful theme to Enterprise and the schmaltzy theme to Family Ties.

14) Best TV cop? Lt. Frank Drebin

15) Least believable actor/actress switch? The Chris Partridge switch between Brian Forster and Jeremy Gelbwaks. I think the TV people thought that because he was a secondary character, no one would notice that Chris had changed, dramatically.

16) Mother-in-law from hell? Mother Jefferson, (George Jefferson’s mother) from The Jeffersons. What a bitch.
[B]uying DVD's is cheaper then spending my money on booze, drugs & hookers -- Harold Gervais
jcankerhuxley
City Attorney

Postby Dunnyman » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:53 am

1)Best TV witch? Samantha Stevens, plus, it appeared that she could do anything, but never really pushed it.
2)Character you'd most like to live next door to? I gotta go with MacGuyver too. If the guy can build a rocket launcher out of a paperclip, a ball of twine and a soda can, he can sure as hell fix my bathroom fan when it goes out.
3)Hottest TV mom? Tie between Jill Taylor of Home Improvement or Debra Barone from ELR.
4)Coolest TV house? Addams Family, no contest.
5)Boss you'd hate to work for? Mr. Slate. The guy was an incredible jerk to poor Fred Flintstone, almost as bad, but not quite, was Alan Brady. Whatta jerk.
6)Best TV dramatic actor/actress? (pick people who are primarily TV actors, not a great movie star who guest starred in something) Tony Shalhoub, the guy made a complete mess of a human being the most interesting thing on TV. Kathy Baker on Picket Fences was also incredible.
7)Best comedic actor/actress? Dick Van Dyke. He ruled. 'Nuff said. Julia Louis Dreyfuss, no other actress could have done it like she did.
8)What show would you most like to live in? Friends, because no matter how unemployed you are, you can afford to live in a $12,000 a month apartment.
9)Best TV director? James Burrows.
10)All time favorite drama? Monk, one of the best written shows in ages, and characters you could root for.
11)All time favorite comedy? Six months ago, I would have said the Dick Van Dyke show, but South Park now wins, simply because 14+ seasons of excellence? Lake Tardicaca? The Jonas Brothers getting the snot beaten out of them by Mickey Mouse? Insane genius.
12)Actor/actress that should have become a star but didn't? John C. McGinley. He made Dr. Cox one of the deepest characters ever in a sitcom, and he made it look easy. Now that Scrubs is done, why isn't someone launching the guy in his own show?
13)Best and worst theme songs in TV history? Hawaii Five O rules, the drums, the bass, the only show where you'd turn the theme song UP. Enterprise, yeesh, the show had enough problems, the lame theme song didn't help.
14)Best TV cop? Andy Griffith. Sheriff Andy kept Mayberry safe with a cool head, gentleness and lots of fatherly wisdom. Every cop should aspire to be like him.
15)Least believable actor/actress switch? Steven on Dynasty. OK, to explain a different face as having been injured in an oil rig fire was one thing, to hire an actor 4 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier was just really weak. Then having him switch back with NO explanation was incredibly lame.
16)Mother-in-law from hell? Who else could it be but Marie Barone? Why Debra never murdered her is beyond me.
"I ain't a boy, no I'm a man, and I believe in the Promised Land"
-Coming to the USA on January 20, 2009!
Dunnyman
County Attorney

Postby J.M. Vargas » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:57 pm

1)Best TV witch?
Samantha from "Bewitched." How can anyone not love the sight of Elizabeth Montgomery twitching her nose?

Martin Tupper from "Dream On" so I can pick pointers from him about how a short unattractive guy can get laid with hot women left and right.

Nancy Botwin from "Weeds."

4)Coolest TV house?
The three-home Hendrickson complex in "Big Love." Tired of your wife and kids? Walk into the big shared backyard and move in with your other wife and kids. :D

Danielle Atron from "The Secret World of Alex Mack." Not only is the woman evil, corrupt and runs a sleazy chemical plant that cuts corners and spills chemicals on little kids that gives them powers. But she also looks for little kids with 'unusual' abilities in Paradise Valley and tries to have them tested. What a @#*%!

6)Best TV dramatic actor/actress? (pick people who are primarily TV actors, not a great movie star who guest starred in something)
Michael C. Hall ("Dexter"), James Gandolfini & Edie Falco ("The Sopranos"), Michael Emerson & Terry O'Quinn ("Lost"), Edward James Olmos & Mary McDonnell ("Battlestar Galactica"), Michael Moriarty ("Law & Order").

Merritt Wever ("Nurse Jackie"), Wendy Malick ("Dream On"), Ed O'Neil ("Married... with Children"), Josh Charles ("Sports Night").

8.)What show would you most like to live in?
"Mystery Science Theater 3000." Yes, it would suck to lose all contact with humanity and be forced to orbit in space being made to watch really bad movies. But it would be a blast to hang around and crack jokes with Tom, Crow and either Mike or Joel (whoever is available). Besides, this is just an internet post so I should learn to just relax! :D

9)Best TV director?
For comedy James Burrows(the man's got the gift). For drama Thomas Schlamme. For pilots in need of a guaranteed pick-up [/u]David Nutter[/u]. ;-)

Triple-tie: "Law & Order," "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," "Law & Order: Criminal Intent." Don't me choose a favorite amongst the three, it's too much!

If we're talking scripted half-hour comedy then it's "South Park." If not then it's "MST3K."

Sabrina Lloyd. Between "Sliders" and "Sports Night" the woman was poised in the late 90's for stardom in a show that people actually watched. A real shame because here's a case where the looks matched the talent and viceversa.

Best: "The Sopranos." Worst: "Lost" (seriously, ten seconds of noise is your theme song?).

14)Best TV cop?
Lennie Briscoe from "Law & Order." I miss Jerry Orbach! :cry:

The Eddie Charles switch on "Dream On." Seriously, plastic surgery made Eddie look/act totally different AND taller to boot? Ironically this is the rare time that the switch improves dramatically on a miscast actor (Jeff Joseph) that was bringing down a particularly juicy role. Dorien Wilson IS Eddie Charles.

Not familiar enough to say.
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby tucco » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:55 pm

1)Best TV witch?
Samantha Stevens....
Bruce Wayne
Nancy Botwin
4)Coolest TV house?
Wayne Manor
J. Jonah Jameson
6)Best TV dramatic actor/actress? (pick people who are primarily TV actors, not a great movie
star who guest starred in something)
Michael Landon always knew how to moisten peoples eyes.
Bea Arthur tied with Carol Burnett....and Carroll O'Conner
8)What show would you most like to live in?
Brady Bunch......
9)Best TV director?
NYPD Blue
All in the Family
Good Times .......The Office USA
14)Best TV cop?
Serpico
The two Becky's on Rosanne.
Endora
"See no evil, Speak no evil, Hear no evil, have no Fun"
tucco
County Attorney

Return to Television