The 2010-2011 Season Watching/News Thread

Current or vintage, broadcast, internet, cable, or satellite

Re: The 2010-2011 Season Watching/News Thread

Postby molly1216 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:49 am

J.M. Vargas wrote:FX CANCELS "LIGHTS OUT"; last two episodes will air Tuesdays at 10 as scheduled: http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/fx-cancels-lights-out/.

fox is pitiful
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:39 am

It's FX actually (though technically Fox owns the channel) and they're as heartbroken about canceling "Lights Out" as you and I of losing it: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=20204493#post20204493.

At least Holt got noticed by the industry, and better roles (probably supporting one's but more visible/bigger than before) will be coming his way. That's the small reward we can take out of "Lights Out's" short-lived life. :(
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:50 pm

"MAD MEN" WILL NOT PREMIERE UNTIL MARCH 2012; AMC AND MATTHEW WEINER FEUDING ABOUT CAST (AMC WANTS TWO CHARACTERS REMOVED), COMMERCIAL LOAD (TWO MORE MINUTES) AND IN-SHOW ADVERTISING: http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/amc-officially-greenlights-season-5-of-mad-men-for-early-2012-premiere/.
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:53 pm

FX RENEWS "JUSTIFIED" AND "ARCHER" FOR THIRD SEASONS.
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby HGervais » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:21 pm

Can't really blame F/X for axing a show that people didn't want to watch.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby Observer » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:28 pm

At least they put them on. Although I will never be able to figure out why people didn't watch Terriers.
"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about." The Hudsucker Proxy (1994)
Observer
Paralegal

Postby J.M. Vargas » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:23 am

For starters there was that promotional poster...
... also the show took a few episodes to reveal its true colors and hit its stride. By then it was too late to get the handful of people that started with the show and had left to come back.
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby molly1216 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:40 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:For starters there was that promotional poster...
... also the show took a few episodes to reveal its true colors and hit its stride. By then it was too late to get the handful of people that started with the show and had left to come back.

Rubbish...the basic problem is how the COUNT the people who are watching. has anyone we know or anyone known to anyone we know been polled for what they watch?
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:55 am

ADULT SWIM PICKS-UP ANIMATED SERIES BASED ON MICHAEL JAI WHITE'S "BLACK DYNAMITE" MOVIE: http://www.deadline.com/2011/04/adult-swim-pick-up-black-dynamite-series/. Carl Jones ("The Boondocks") will produce and the actors from the movie will reprise their roles. :D

"LIGHTS OUT" SHOWRUNNER WARREN LEIGHT ON WHAT A HYPOTHETICAL SEASON 2 OF THE SHOW WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE: http://hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/interview-lights-out-showrunner-warren-leight-on-the-series-finale
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby Dunnyman » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:33 am

Now that I'm all caught up on Castle, I asked a co-worker what else she was into in that vein, and she told me to check out Bones. Four episodes in, and I'm not getting it. The chemistry between the two leads is so forced, unlike the smooth as silk and sexier than hell chemistry between Stana Katic and Nathan Fillion, and the rest of the cast is soooo incredibly annoying. Does this get better, and if not, how the hell is it still on? Plus, in four episodes, they've already killed the minute amount of funny in her catchphrases ("I don't know what that means" and "Don't call me Bones"), plus, they couldn't be more obvious if she turned to the camera and said "This is going to be my funny catchphrase, because my character isn't up on pop culture." I had thought Boreanaz was a pretty good actor, but that's only when using Whedon's words, because so far all I want to do is deck his character for being a completely unlikeable ass.
Ooooonnnnn the other hand, Being Human is such a damn good show (UK version, not he pallid US remake), one episode in, and you care about the characters already. Two seasons in, and you're just enjoying every bit of it.
"I ain't a boy, no I'm a man, and I believe in the Promised Land"
-Coming to the USA on January 20, 2009!
Dunnyman
County Attorney

Postby Bryan Pope » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:37 am

Dunnyman wrote:Now that I'm all caught up on Castle, I asked a co-worker what else she was into in that vein, and she told me to check out Bones. Four episodes in, and I'm not getting it. The chemistry between the two leads is so forced, unlike the smooth as silk and sexier than hell chemistry between Stana Katic and Nathan Fillion, and the rest of the cast is soooo incredibly annoying. Does this get better?

If you ask me, no. I've watched the first season and part of the second, and the characters wore thin fast. I gave up on it. My wife, on the other hand, can't get enough of the show.
Agnes, it's me...Billy.
Bryan Pope
Judge

Postby Steve T Power » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:01 am

Plus it starts David Boremyarseoff.

They may as well have cast a dead guy in the lead.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Dunnyman » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:44 am

OK, this week's Modern Family may have been the funniest sitcom ever as Phil makes a truly horrible decision to advertise his real estate business. This will go down as one of the true gems of any sitcom, trust me. Brilliant episode. Then got into the happy surprise of Happy Endings, the latest Friends clone except, this one is, you know, actually funny. The producers remembered that Elisha Cuthbert can be very funny, then they realized that the best thing out of the last two seasons of Scrubs was Eliza Coupe as the heartless Dr. Mahoney, so they added her to the mix, tossed in Damon Wayans for good measure, and figured out that Casey Wilson (from SNL) could be funny with the right script. Zack Knighton is the lead, and he's simply awesome as the guy who's jilted at the altar, and well, has a few issues putting his life back together. Like how do 6 friends, two of whom have endured a horrible break up deal with it? If the network gives this a chance, it can be huge.
Then I thoroughly enjoyed The Green Hornet. No, not the horrible crapfest that Rogen starred in, the 1940's serial, with a budget of 50-60 bucks, they made this fun, thrilling and left you wanting more. Hmmm... if they could make a fun serial with no budget, how did the Batman producers fare with a decent budget and a future martial arts superstar as Kato? Extremely well, imho, and they actually spent quite a bit as there's some pretty lavish sets for a TV show that's supposed to be high on the cheese factor, but the show works, it's fun, and exciting, and not nearly as cheesy as Batman was. Million dollar FX don't make a good movie guys, a good script and solid acting are a better bet.
Dunnyman
County Attorney

Postby azul017 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:11 pm

Steve T Power wrote:Plus it starts David Boremyarseoff.

They may as well have cast a dead guy in the lead.

Hah! I see what you did there, Steve. :lol:
"Aliens conquering Earth would be fine with me, as long as they make me their queen."
- Gillian Anderson
azul017
City Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:44 am

J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby Dunnyman » Thu May 05, 2011 11:05 pm

OK, just got done with the latest episode of The Big Bang Theory, and usually additional characters tend to ruin a show's chemistry, while Miyam Bialik has done nothing but make the show better than ever. Her Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler is hilarious, and played to perfection. Her deadpan delivery is one of my main reasons for tuning in these days. Also watched the second to last episode of the season(series?) of Outsourced and I sure hope it gets a sophomore run as it's been good fun, while someone educational on Indian culture. Plus the cast gelled very well after the first few episodes and the Indian actors got a chance to shine. The only other freshman shows I'm hoping to see come back are Better With You, Mike and Molly, Raising Hope and Happy Endings. Apparently the vanishing of Running Wilde and Sh*t My Dad Says means they're dead in the water. Oh well, as long as we keep getting new scripted shows next year instead of another onslaught of retarded reality shows, I'll be happy.
Dunnyman
County Attorney

Postby J.M. Vargas » Tue May 10, 2011 9:04 pm

FOX cancels 'Human Target,' 'Chicago Code,' 'Breaking In' & 'Traffic Light': http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/10/fox-cancels-human-target/.
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Tue May 10, 2011 9:53 pm

^^^ "Lie to Me" also canceled: http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/fox-cancels-human-target/. It's a massacre, and somehow "Raising Hope" and "Fringe" got away from the ax. :o

Also, "House" renewed for 8th (and probably final) season: http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/05/10/house-renewed-season-8/.
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby Dan Mancini » Wed May 11, 2011 5:59 am

J.M. Vargas wrote:Also, "House" renewed for 8th (and probably final) season.

And, Lord willing, the series finale will involve House and his team stumbling across a patient whose symptoms actually do lead to diagnosis of lupus.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby erich » Wed May 11, 2011 8:14 am

J.M. Vargas wrote:FOX cancels 'Human Target,' 'Chicago Code,' 'Breaking In' & 'Traffic Light': http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/10/fox-cancels-human-target/.

Ah, hell. Chicago Code was actually worth watching. Poor Shawn Ryan.
Candy Bar Drive Thru
Short and Sweet. Sketch Comedy Podcast.
erich
Judge

Postby HGervais » Wed May 11, 2011 8:50 am

erich wrote:
J.M. Vargas wrote:FOX cancels 'Human Target,' 'Chicago Code,' 'Breaking In' & 'Traffic Light': http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/10/fox-cancels-human-target/.

Ah, hell. Chicago Code was actually worth watching. Poor Shawn Ryan.

Ditto that. I'm just happy Fringe survived but otherwise, man was a bloodbath of shows.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby J.M. Vargas » Wed May 11, 2011 4:58 pm

"CHUCK" RENEWED FOR A 13-EPISODE FIFTH SEASON (not official but close to): http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/primetime-pilot-panic-chuk-to-return-and-other-bubble-show-updates/. :o
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby Mach6 » Wed May 11, 2011 5:37 pm

Human Target: I really was a big fan of the 1st season when it was a fun action show that did a lot of crazy stuff & didn’t take itself too seriously. There was an episode where they had a jumbo jet flying upside down for crying out loud. Fox never gave it a chance to succeed by not giving it a solid time slot in its’ 1st year. The 2nd season did a lot wrong by adding Indira Varma as the new boss/owner & Janet Montgomery as the thief with a heart of gold that stole screen time away from Jackie Earle Haley’s Guerrero. HT also took on a more (unneeded) serious tone. Too bad, the show had potential.

Chicago Code: I liked seeing my city represented, but it seemed Shawn Ryan’s writing was very neutered by Network standards. It really would've worked better on FX.
Mach6
City Attorney

Postby molly1216 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:02 pm

Dunnyman wrote:OK, just got done with the latest episode of The Big Bang Theory, and usually additional characters tend to ruin a show's chemistry, while Miyam Bialik has done nothing but make the show better than ever. Her Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler is hilarious, and played to perfection. Her deadpan delivery is one of my main reasons for tuning in these days.

thanks for mentioning this..i am finally happy with the balance of the show. for the 1st few seasons, it was mostly smart awkward men and dumb women - cept for infrequent appearances of Sarah gilbert. now at least we see the other side of the coins. i would very much like to see Amy Farrah Fowler make a sexual play for Sheldon, just to watch Sheldon's internal 'wwsd?' struggle. what would spock do?
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby HGervais » Wed May 11, 2011 9:31 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:"CHUCK" RENEWED FOR A 13-EPISODE FIFTH SEASON (not official but close to): http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/primetime-pilot-panic-chuk-to-return-and-other-bubble-show-updates/. :o

Chuck...the little show that could!
HGervais
Judge

Postby J.M. Vargas » Thu May 12, 2011 5:42 pm

Hollywood Reporter sources confirm ASHTON KUTCHER WILL REPLACE CHARLIE SHEEN ON "TWO AND A HALF MEN": http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sources-confirm-ashton-kutcher-will-188048.
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Thu May 12, 2011 7:30 pm

NBC PASSES ON "WONDER WOMAN" PILOT: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/12/nbc-rejects-wonder-woman/. "PARENTHOOD" AND "HARRY'S LAW" RENEWED (the latter a consolation price to David E. Kelley for the "Wonder Woman" fiasco) while the network picked up a bunch of new shows for next week's Fall schedule announcement.
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Fri May 13, 2011 11:17 am

NBC Cancels "Law & Order: Los Angeles" and "The Event": http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/05/13/law-order-los-angeles-cancelled-by-nbc/92515/. The "L&O" mothership show died for nothing. :(
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Fri May 13, 2011 1:27 pm

ABC Cancels Brothers & Sisters, V, No Ordinary Family, Detroit 1-8-7, Off the Map and Mr. Sunshine: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/13/abc-drops-brothers-sisters/.

Renewed: Happy Endings, Shark Tank and the usual suspects (Desperate Housewives, Dancing with the Stars, Modern Family, etc.).
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Fri May 13, 2011 4:29 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:ABC Cancels Brothers & Sisters, V, No Ordinary Family, Detroit 1-8-7, Off the Map and Mr. Sunshine

Add "Better With You" to the pile: http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/in-other-renews-news-body-of-proof-picked-up-better-with-you-mr-sunshine-outsourced-dead/

NBC cancels 'Outsourced,' 'Perfect Couples,' 'Chase,' 'School Pride' and 'America's Next Great Restaurant': http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/05/13/nbc-cancels-outsourced-perfect-couples-chase-more/

HBO Renews "Treme" for Third Season (despite low ratings for Season 2): http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/13/hbo-renews-treme-for-third-season/.
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Sun May 15, 2011 12:54 pm

CBS Cancels "S***! My Dad Says," "The Defenders" and "Mad Love": http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/cbs-cancels-the-defenders-mad-love/.

NBC Unveils 2011-2012 Primetime Schedule: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=20440020#post20440020. Preview Clips of NBC's New Season Programming: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/05/15/preview-videos-from-nbcs-new-2011-12-primetime-shows/92607/.

For a guy that made his bones programming adult smart for Showtime ("Dexter," "Tudors," "Weeds," etc.) Robert Greenblatt's first schedule as NBC chief sure looks brain-dead, formulaic and with too much (55%) reality programming. At least "Chuck" has been banished to 8PM Fridays where it won't do much damage (except to the show that follows it, "Grimm.")
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby HGervais » Sun May 15, 2011 5:07 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:At least "Chuck" has been banished to 8PM Fridays where it won't do much damage (except to the show that follows it, "Grimm.")

I beg your pardon. Chuck remains one of the most entertaining shows on TV and one of the lone bright spots on NBC.
HGervais
Judge

Postby J.M. Vargas » Sun May 15, 2011 5:59 pm

^^^ Just meant the show's perpetually-low ratings (which have been bad since day 1) will not kick-start a night with a horrible lead-in for the shows that follow it on the schedule. Four years of "Chuck" starting Monday nights on a bad note (basically forcing the shows after to start on their own without lead-in support) is an outrage, but one dumber-than-a-rock NBC self-imposed on itself for God knows what reason. Friday nights "Chuck" can't harm much of what follows it because the networks have pretty much given up on the night, ratingwise.
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby Dunnyman » Sun May 15, 2011 9:19 pm

Sad to see Better With You and Outsourced not make it, I liked them both. Perhaps if their networks had actually left them in the same spot week after week, they might have found an audience. Stoked to see Happy Endings get a second season as it's been nothing but fun since it started, and lots of Elisha Cuthbert is never a bad thing...:-)
Dunnyman
County Attorney

Postby J.M. Vargas » Mon May 16, 2011 7:00 am

FOX Unveils 2011-2012 Schedule: http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/fox-unveils-2011-12-primetime-schedule/. Highlights: Spielberg's "Terra Nova" will air Mondays at 8PM ("House" moves to 9), JJ Abrams' "Alcatraz" replaces "Terra Nova" midseason (flipping time slots with "House"), "The X-Factor" will have the same times/days as "American Idol" and "Fringe" remains on Fridays at 9PM.

The network also cancelled "America's Most Wanted" after 23 years on the air (downgraded to four specials per year): http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/16/fox-cancels-americas-most-wanted/
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Mon May 16, 2011 1:39 pm

J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Tue May 17, 2011 7:28 am

J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Tue May 17, 2011 1:36 pm

J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Wed May 18, 2011 7:14 am

CBS Unveils 2011-2012 Primetime Schedule. Highlights: JJ Abrams' "Person of Interest" gets the 9PM Thursday time slot ("CSI" moves to Wednesdays at 10), "The Good Wife" moves to Sundays at 9 after "Amazing Race" and "Rules of Engagement" moves to Saturday nights (either a brilliant CBS strategy to appeal to people sick of reruns or a dump job).
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby Mach6 » Thu May 19, 2011 5:24 am

Hooray for Nikita. I was surprised since the season finale felt like more of a series finale. One of the few good action shows left on regular TV.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! So will Mr. Slate be some greedy, ruthless, sticking it to the poor, ultra-religious jerk of a boss?
Mach6
City Attorney

Postby azul017 » Mon May 23, 2011 3:40 pm

Trailer for Torchwood: Miracle Day:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=77990

Looks a lot better than the original series IMO. And it feels like a huge, kickass movie -- glad Jane Espenson is on this show.
"Aliens conquering Earth would be fine with me, as long as they make me their queen."
- Gillian Anderson
azul017
City Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Tue May 24, 2011 4:13 pm

Chris Meloni Quits "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" Over Salary Dispute: http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/chris-meloni-to-exit-law-order-svu-nbc-moves-on-to-replace-him/. With Mariska Hargitay reducing her presence to part-time midseason and Jennifer Love-Hewitt set to replace her (!) it looks like the last remaining "L&O" show left is going to jump multiple sharks simultaneously next year. :cry:
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Fri May 27, 2011 11:49 am

FINAL NETWORK TV RATINGS FOR THE 2010-2011 SEASON:

2010-11 Season: Series Ranking In Adults 18-49 (rating/share)

1 AMERICAN IDOL-WEDNESDAY FOX 8.8/24
2 NBC SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL NBC 8.0/20
3 AMERICAN IDOL-THURSDAY FOX 7.7/22
4 THE VOICE NBC 5.4/14
5 MODERN FAMILY ABC 4.8/12
5 DANCING WITH THE STARS ABC 4.8/12
7 BIG BANG THEORY, THE CBS 4.4/13
8 GREY'S ANATOMY ABC 4.3/11
8 SURVIVOR: NICARAGUA CBS 4.3/12
10 NCIS CBS 4.1/11
11 GLEE FOX 4.0/11
11 OFFICE NBC 4.0/10
13 TWO AND A HALF MEN CBS 3.9/10
13 DANCING W/STARS RESULTS ABC 3.9/10
13 FAMILY GUY FOX 3.9/ 9
13 HOUSE FOX 3.9/10
17 FOOTBALL NT AMERICA PT 3 NBC 3.8/11
17 DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES ABC 3.8/9
17 SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLD CBS 3.8/11
17 AMAZING RACE 17 CBS 3.8/9
17 CRIMINAL MINDS CBS 3.8/10
22 NCIS: LOS ANGELES CBS 3.6/9
22 THE BACHELOR ABC 3.6/9
22 BONES FOX 3.6/10
25 HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER CBS 3.5/10
26 MIKE & MOLLY CBS 3.4/8
26 UNDERCOVER BOSS CBS 3.4/8
28 THE SIMPSONS FOX 3.3/9
28 CSI CBS 3.3/8
28 HELL'S KITCHEN FOX 3.3/8
28 HAWAII FIVE-0 CBS 3.3/9
32 THE MENTALIST CBS 3.2/9
32 APPRENTICE 11 NBC 3.2/8
34 $#*! MY DAD SAYS CBS 3.1/9
34 BIGGEST LOSER 11 NBC 3.1/8
34 BIGGEST LOSER 10 NBC 3.1/8
34 COUGAR TOWN ABC 3.1/8
38 AMAZING RACE 18 CBS 3.0/8
38 RULES OF ENGAGEMENT CBS 3.0/8
38 HELL'S KITCHEN-WED 8P FOX 3.0/9
38 CASTLE ABC 3.0/8
42 CSI: MIAMI CBS 2.9/8
42 SECRET MILLIONAIRE ABC 2.9/8
42 CLEVELAND FOX 2.9/7
45 PRIVATE PRACTICE ABC 2.8/8
45 BREAKING IN FOX 2.8/7
45 MR. SUNSHINE ABC 2.8/7
45 PARENTHOOD NBC 2.8/7
45 BODY OF PROOF ABC 2.8/7
50 LAW AND ORDER:SVU NBC 2.7/7
50 CRIMINAL MINDS: SUSPECT BEHAVIOR CBS 2.7/7
50 RAISING HOPE FOX 2.7/7
53 PARKS AND RECREATION NBC 2.6/7
53 THE GOOD WIFE CBS 2.6/7
53 30 ROCK NBC 2.6/7
53 BROTHERS & SISTERS ABC 2.6/7
57 MAD LOVE CBS 2.5/7
57 V ABC 2.5/6
59 OUTSOURCED NBC 2.4/6
59 BOB'S BURGERS FOX 2.4/6
59 THE MIDDLE ABC 2.4/7
59 60 MINUTES CBS 2.4/7
63 EXTREME MAKEOVER:HOME ED. ABC 2.3/6
63 WIPEOUT-THURS ABC 2.3/7
63 THE EVENT NBC 2.3/6
63 FRINGE FOX 2.3/7
63 HARRY'S LAW NBC 2.3/6
63 AMERICAN DAD FOX 2.3/6
69 LIE TO ME FOX 2.2/5
69 OFF THE MAP ABC 2.2/6
69 THE DEFENDERS CBS 2.2/7
69 BLUE BLOODS CBS 2.2/7
69 MINUTE TO WIN IT-TUE NBC 2.2/6
69 HUMAN TARGET FOX 2.2/6
75 DANCING W/STARS-TUE 8PM ABC 2.1/6
75 HAPPY ENDINGS ABC 2.1/5
75 BETTER WITH YOU ABC 2.1/6
75 THE CHICAGO CODE FOX 2.1/5
75 LAW & ORDER: LA NBC 2.1/6
75 CSI: NY CBS 2.1/6
81 COMMUNITY NBC 2.0/6
81 FOOTBALL NT AMERICA PT 2 NBC 2.0/6
83 THE CAPE NBC 1.9/5
83 NO ORDINARY FAMILY ABC 1.9/5
83 CHUCK NBC 1.9/5
83 CHASE NBC 1.9/5
83 SAT NIGHT FOOTBALL ABC 1.9/6
83 MILLION DOLLAR DROP-MON FOX 1.9/5
89 MEDIUM CBS 1.8/6
89 KITCHEN NIGHTMARES FOX 1.8/6
89 RUNNING WILDE FOX 1.8/4
92 DETROIT 1-8-7 ABC 1.7/5
92 AMER FUNN HOME VIDEOS ABC 1.7/5
92 APPRENTICE 10 NBC 1.7/5
92 COPS 2 (R) FOX 1.7/6
92 AMW: AMERICA FIGHTS BACK FOX 1.7/5
92 AMERICA'S TOP MODEL-9 CW 1.7/5
98 UNDERCOVERS NBC 1.6/5
98 PERFECT COUPLES NBC 1.6/4
98 20/20-FRI ABC 1.6/5
98 MY GENERATION ABC 1.6/5
98 COPS FOX 1.6/6
103 HAPPY ENDINGS-WED 10:30 PM ABC 1.5/4
103 DATELINE FRI NBC 1.5/5
103 PRIMETIME:WHAT WOULD U DO ABC 1.5/5
103 AMERICA'S NEXT GREAT RESTAURANT NBC 1.5/4
103 THE WHOLE TRUTH ABC 1.5/4
103 TRAFFIC LIGHT FOX 1.5/4
103 LONE STAR FOX 1.5/3
110 J. OLIVER'S FOOD REVOLUTN ABC 1.4/4
110 SHARK TANK ABC 1.4/5
110 VAMPIRE DIARIES CW 1.4/4
110 WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE NBC 1.4/5
114 SKATING WITH THE STARS ABC 1.3/3
114 48 HOURS MYSTERY CBS 1.3/4
114 LIVE TO DANCE CBS 1.3/4
114 MINUTE TO WIN IT-WED NBC 1.3/4
114 OUTLAW NBC 1.3/4
119 AMERICA'S TOP MODEL-10 CW 1.2/3
119 CHAOS CBS 1.2/4
119 FLASHPOINT CBS 1.2/4
119 THE PAUL REISER SHOW NBC 1.2/4
119 SUPERNANNY ABC 1.2/4
119 SMALLVILLE CW 1.2/4
125 SUPERNATURAL CW 1.1/4
125 ABC SATURDAY MOVIE ABC 1.1/3
127 DATELINE SUN-7PM NBC 1.0/3
127 FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS NBC 1.0/4
127 CRIMETIME SATURDAY CBS 1.0/3
127 GOOD GUYS FOX 1.0/3
131 CRIMETIME SATURDAY 8PM 0.9/3
131 NIKITA CW 0.9/2
133 CHASE-SAT NBC 0.8/3
133 90210 CW 0.8/2
133 GOSSIP GIRL CW 0.8/2
133 ONE TREE HILL CW 0.8/2
137 SCHOOL PRIDE NBC 0.7/2
137 OUTLAW-SAT NBC 0.7/2
137 LIFE UNEXPECTED CW 0.7/2
137 HELLCATS CW 0.7/2
141 SHEDDING FOR THE WEDDING CW 0.5/1

2010-11 Season: Series Ranking In Total Viewers (in millions-to-thousands)

1 AMERICAN IDOL-WEDNESDAY FOX 25,864
2 AMERICAN IDOL-THURSDAY FOX 23,798
3 DANCING WITH THE STARS ABC 21,927
4 NBC SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL NBC 21,025
5 NCIS CBS 19,377
6 DANCING W/STARS RESULTS ABC 18,612
7 NCIS: LOS ANGELES CBS 16,467
9 THE MENTALIST CBS 15,328
10 CRIMINAL MINDS CBS 14,026
10 CSI CBS 13,626
11 SURVIVOR: NICARAGUA CBS 13,611
12 60 MINUTES CBS 13,347
13 THE BIG BANG THEORY CBS 13,212
14 BODY OF PROOF ABC 13,060
15 THE GOOD WIFE CBS 12,906
16 TWO AND A HALF MEN CBS 12,718
17 BLUE BLOODS CBS 12,709
18 SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLD CBS 12,585
19 UNDERCOVER BOSS CBS 12,158
20 THE VOICE NBC 11,973
21 CSI: MIAMI CBS 11,971
22 AMAZING RACE 17 CBS 11,925
23 HAWAII FIVE-0 CBS 11,869
24 MODERN FAMILY ABC 11,759
25 DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES ABC 11,678
26 HARRY'S LAW NBC 11,645
27 BONES FOX 11,461
28 CASTLE ABC 11,352
29 GREY'S ANATOMY ABC 11,320
30 DANCING W/STARS-TUE 8PM ABC 11,271
31 SECRET MILLIONAIRE ABC 11,164
32 MIKE & MOLLY CBS 11,084
33 CSI: NY CBS 10,821
34 FOOTBALL NT AMERICA PT 3 NBC 10,804
35 THE BACHELOR ABC 10,793
36 $#*! MY DAD SAYS CBS 10,686
37 THE DEFENDERS CBS 10,470
38 CRIMINAL MINDS: SUSPECT BEHAVIOR CBS 10,459
39 AMAZING RACE 18 CBS 10,351
40 HOUSE FOX 10,247
41 GLEE FOX 10,014
42 APPRENTICE 11 NBC 8,871
43 RULES OF ENGAGEMENT CBS 8,787
44 LAW AND ORDER:SVU NBC 8,781
45 HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER CBS 8,756
46 EXTREME MAKEOVER:HOME ED. ABC 8,521
47 BIGGEST LOSER 11 NBC 8,457
48 BROTHERS & SISTERS ABC 8,288
49 BIGGEST LOSER 10 NBC 8,285
50 BREAKING IN FOX 8,152
51 THE MIDDLE ABC 8,077
52 MEDIUM CBS 7,804
53 OFFICE NBC 7,731
54 PRIVATE PRACTICE ABC 7,690
55 LAW & ORDER: LA NBC 7,673
56 FAMILY GUY FOX 7,655
57 HUMAN TARGET FOX 7,628
58 DETROIT 1-8-7 ABC 7,569
59 MINUTE TO WIN IT-TUE NBC 7,461
60 THE CHICAGO CODE FOX 7,431
61 FLASHPOINT CBS 7,397
62 WIPEOUT-THURS ABC 7,365
63 COUGAR TOWN ABC 7,269
64 MR. SUNSHINE ABC 7,268
65 THE SIMPSONS FOX 7,251
66 AMER FUNN HOME VIDEOS ABC 7,215
67 HELL'S KITCHEN FOX 7,110
68 THE EVENT NBC 7,027
69 V ABC 6,927
70 MAD LOVE CBS 6,870
71 PARENTHOOD NBC 6,764
72 LIE TO ME FOX 6,714
73 CHAOS CBS 6,690
74 NO ORDINARY FAMILY ABC 6,646
75 BETTER WITH YOU ABC 6,602
76 HELL'S KITCHEN-WED 8P FOX 6,518
77 UNDERCOVERS NBC 6,486
78 CHASE NBC 6,451
79 OFF THE MAP ABC 6,412
80 RAISING HOPE FOX 6,403
81 DATELINE FRI NBC 6,344
82 THE CAPE NBC 6,327
83 WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE NBC 6,263
84 48 HOURS MYSTERY CBS 6,096
85 CLEVELAND FOX 6,090
86 SAT NIGHT FOOTBALL ABC 6,020
87 LIVE TO DANCE CBS 5,923
88 SKATING WITH THE STARS ABC 5,917
89 OUTLAW NBC 5,835
90 FRINGE FOX 5,827
91 20/20-FRI ABC 5,771
92 FOOTBALL NT AMERICA PT 2 NBC 5,553
93 CHUCK NBC 5,549
94 THE WHOLE TRUTH ABC 5,397
95 J. OLIVER'S FOOD REVOLUTN ABC 5,390
96 30 ROCK NBC 5,383
97 CRIMETIME SATURDAY CBS 5,325
98 MILLION DOLLAR DROP-TUE FOX 5,192
99 OUTSOURCED NBC 5,187
100 PARKS AND RECREATION NBC 5,174
101 COPS 2 (R) FOX 5,158
102 AMW: AMERICA FIGHTS BACK FOX 5,072
103 SHARK TANK ABC 5,071
104 CRIMETIME SATURDAY 8PM (R) CBS 5,059
105 HAPPY ENDINGS ABC 5,043
106 BOB'S BURGERS FOX 5,042
107 DATELINE SUN-7PM NBC 5,020
108 MY GENERATION ABC 4,883
109 PRIMETIME:WHAT WOULD U DO ABC 4,839
110 MODERN FAMILY-WED 10:30PM (R) ABC 4,822
111 AMERICAN DAD FOX 4,755
112 COPS FOX 4,703
113 APPRENTICE 10 NBC 4,675
114 LONE STAR FOX 4,523
115 COMMUNITY NBC 4,475
116 MINUTE TO WIN IT-WED NBC 4,459
117 SUPERNANNY ABC 4,357
118 AMERICA'S NEXT GREAT RESTAURANT NBC 4,249
119 KITCHEN NIGHTMARES FOX 4,155
120 RUNNING WILDE FOX 4,135
121 OUTLAW-SAT NBC 4,103
122 HAPPY ENDINGS-WED 10:30 PM ABC 3,632
123 FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS NBC 3,593
124 ABC SATURDAY MOVIE ABC 3,531
125 TRAFFIC LIGHT FOX 3,478
126 AMERICA'S TOP MODEL-9 CW 3,468
127 PERFECT COUPLES NBC 3,281
128 THE PAUL REISER SHOW NBC 3,265
129 THE GOOD GUYS FOX 3,144
130 THE VAMPIRE DIARIES CW 3,004
131 SMALLVILLE CW 2,698
132 SCHOOL PRIDE NBC 2,560
133 AMERICA'S TOP MODEL-10 CW 2,519
134 SUPERNATURAL CW 2,470
135 NIKITA CW 2,325
136 90210 CW 1,680
137 HELLCATS CW 1,633
138 ONE TREE HILL CW 1,619
139 GOSSIP GIRL CW 1,591
140 LIFE UNEXPECTED CW 1,497
141 SHEDDING FOR THE WEDDING CW 1,038

Source: http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/full-2010-11-season-series-rankers/
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby molly1216 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:31 pm

our friend Vargas has been sending me care packages
and i only got caught up recently.

Boardwalk Empire was SOO much better than i expected it to be...of course it has the incomparable Buschemi
is it my imagination is this the 1st leading role for him that wasn't a low budget indy film?
he walks away with then entire city including all the bootleg booze.
I wish there had been more of kenneth michael williams..but one takes what one gets.
It is a very impressive precursor to every gangster film ever made about the 30s
because of its deft handling of the WWI veterans being greeted by poverty and prohibition
it reminds me of the cagney film Roaring Twenties which is the only other film that depicts this social upheaval.

It also reminds me of Doctrow's Ragtime which was stripped down to a movie but would have kicked ass as a miniseries.
as it also showed how many different social elements crashed into each other to create the future.

Game of Thrones S1 - OHMIGAWDs... i was only marginally interested in it, since i lost interest in sword and sorcery in fantasy realms way back when. I remember starting and not finishing the book back in 96. But it is surely as addictive as any HBO series. I practically watched it in a marathon. I kept saying just ONE more episode. confession: i started watching cause of course it was Sean Bean with a sword in his hand. but kept on watching because Peter Dinklage rocks the house.
from the LA TIMES "...in many ways, "Game of Thrones" belongs to Dinklage, who made his mark in "The Station Agent." So well acquainted with the workings of the world he can hardly bear it, the Imp is this tale's non-magical Merlin -- debauched, perhaps, but a truth-teller nonetheless, fighting for his own survival with as much mercy as he can spare. If the man doesn't win an Emmy, heads should certainly roll."
Once I got deep into the show, I realized WHY of all the possibly properties this one FITS the HBO/post Sopranos playbook...adult situations, riddled with gratuitous amounts of Violence, Sex and intrigue - and because it's from an ongoing series of FAT novels..they have plenty of material for more years - though i doubt HBO will let it go on for more than 4 - it may not be cost effective to run longer. Lets all hope for the best. Cause i really want to see some of those characters get what's coming to them.

L&O:CI S10....which has both seen better days and has seen better writing. Nice to see the characters just ride off into the sunset after another Dead Body. So far I think L&O: LA is the best breath of fresh air that Wolf and Company have done in a while. IF you keep an eye on Netflix instant watch... many of hte L&O franchise shows from around the world are in their database..I have saved them to my queue I can only hope that they will be better than L&O: UK...it suffers a little bit from REUSING old L&O scripts from as far back as the Michael Moriarty years...when we all know the BEST L&O writing is when cases ARE torn from the headlines...this last season of CI has cases that extrapolate on NEW topics such as cybercrime, defense contractor wars, clergy sex abuse, social networking infighting and the SPiderman/julie taymor debacle. all interesting premises but goren's eccentricities are now boxed up into a few 'IN Therapy' scenes with Julia Ormand....now if you put him on Gabriel Byrne's couch ...we could have had something worth the price of admission.
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby azul017 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:01 pm

Beavis & Butthead return to MTV

http://www.deadline.com/2011/07/tca-mtv ... ore-151726

And a glorious clip where the duo rip Jersey Shore to bits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAJ-J5fCIoI
- Gillian Anderson
azul017
City Prosecutor

Previous

Return to Television