Elvira's coming back

Current or vintage, broadcast, internet, cable, or satellite

Elvira's coming back

Postby molly1216 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:49 am

http://www.laweekly.com/2010-09-23/art- ... a-s-world/

"More than 20 years after the first iteration of Movie Macabre faded from the airwaves, the 59-year-old Peterson is writing, producing, financing and starring in a new Movie Macabre, which launches Sept. 25 in national syndication."

btw here's where to see it and when
http://www.elvira.com/pdf/movie_macabre.pdf
looks like i will be up late...
Boston WHDH FRI 2:00 AM SUN 1:00 AM
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Re: Elvira's coming back

Postby Dunnyman » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:06 am

I'll definitely watch this! Always loved Elvira.
"I ain't a boy, no I'm a man, and I believe in the Promised Land"
-Coming to the USA on January 20, 2009!
Dunnyman
County Attorney

Postby molly1216 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:50 am

Dunnyman wrote:I'll definitely watch this! Always loved Elvira.

interesting WHDH sent me to a cable channel.
Elvira's Movie Macabre is carried on THIS Boston/WHDH-7.2 (Ch. 297 on Comcast and Ch. 460 on Verizon FIOS). For more information on THIS Boston, including the station's schedule, visit http://thistv.com/.

which doesn't have it on their schedule either.
this is a conundrum,

but i wouldn't doubt this will be findable on the net.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby Dimwitted » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:11 pm

LA Weekly had a pretty lengthy article on her and what she's doing. It's nice that Ms. Peterson has it together and is getting it on the screen.
Dimwitted
City Prosecutor

Postby mhansen » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:11 am

mhansen
Chief Counsel

Postby molly1216 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:33 pm

mhansen wrote:http://www.tvverdict.com/2010/09/05/elvira-returns/

thanks
serves me right for being late to the party
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby BrettCullum » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:12 pm

The movie that ran was NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD with Elvira kicking it off with everybody thinking she and her career were dead. It was nice to see her and her two ...um... "assets" back on camera. I DVR'd it, and it struck me watching it in prime time hours really didn't work too well. Her Borscht Belt humor works better after a long night with liberal libations. But its is Elvira and Movie Macabre back at last! I loved that part.

I noticed on YouTube you can actually catch old classic MOVIE MACABRE features in their entirety. This new iteration looks a little more sophisticated. I will be curious to see how this develops, and what films end up on the show.

Love her though, and perfection for HALLOWEEN viewing...

Unpleasant dreams!
Alex: It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen. (Clockwork Orange)
BrettCullum
Judge

Postby molly1216 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:15 pm

BrettCullum wrote:The movie that ran was NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD with Elvira kicking it off with everybody thinking she and her career were dead. It was nice to see her and her two ...um... "assets" back on camera. I DVR'd it, and it struck me watching it in prime time hours really didn't work too well. Her Borscht Belt humor works better after a long night with liberal libations. But its is Elvira and Movie Macabre back at last! I loved that part.

I noticed on YouTube you can actually catch old classic MOVIE MACABRE features in their entirety. This new iteration looks a little more sophisticated. I will be curious to see how this develops, and what films end up on the show.

Love her though, and perfection for HALLOWEEN viewing...

Unpleasant dreams!

there are old Elviras episodes are on HULU too.

now can anyone direct me to the New episodes on the internet?
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Return to Television