Doctor Who Christmas Special 2010 & Series 6 Thread

Current or vintage, broadcast, internet, cable, or satellite

Doctor Who Christmas Special 2010 & Series 6 Thread

Postby HGervais » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:05 am

Hopefully this is the start of something BBC America will continue with when the show returns fulltime in the spring.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Re: Doctor Who Christmas Special 2010 & Series 6 Thread

Postby HGervais » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:07 am

Writers for the the first half of series 6 are accounted for right here.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby HGervais » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:11 am

Last night was Doctor Who night on the Craig Ferguson Show and collected here are all the various segments including the Matt Smith interview.
HGervais
Judge

Postby Dave Ryan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:49 pm

Is the deal with Sci-Fi (oops... sorry.... SyFy) over with? Because wasn't that the only thing that was preventing BBC America from airing current-season episodes?
"Your average Russki doesn't take a dump without a plan, son."
Dave Ryan
Judge

Postby HGervais » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:55 pm

Dave Ryan wrote:Is the deal with Sci-Fi (oops... sorry.... SyFy) over with? Because wasn't that the only thing that was preventing BBC America from airing current-season episodes?

The SciFi thing has been over for a couple of years now. The show premiered stateside for the first time last season on BBC America and the gap was shortened to two weeks between UK tranmission and US broadcast...so hopefully when the show comes back all proper like in April it will be almost side by side.
HGervais
Judge

Postby HGervais » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:58 am

First trailer for the 2010 Christmas special here
HGervais
Judge

Postby HGervais » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:05 am

Don't forget, Doctor Who: A Christmas Carol airs Christmas night on BBC America.
HGervais
Judge

Postby HGervais » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:11 pm

Absolutely bloody marvelous it was. Smith continues to make the role his own, Moffat continues down his more dark fantasy approach to the series, more nods to the show's history....a fez AND a Tom Baker era skarf....and it was really funny and totally moving. LOVE the 11th Doctor at Sinatra's party and the classic line, "Marilyn grab your coat."....love finding out there are some lies too big for the psychic paper...anyway...it just full of Doctor Who goodness.

and the trailer for series 6, right here.
Stetson's are cool.
HGervais
Judge

Postby HGervais » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:29 pm

A breakdown of the trailer here.
HGervais
Judge

Postby kristy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:58 am

Doctor Who Christmas special episode : called Christmas Carol was so enjoyable and interesting episode to me. I gonna watch it online twice at the same day of Christmas, first myself alone and then with my family member. It has delight Engaging story have wonderful acting and include some incredibly touching moments. I hope no any one miss it. but if someone has missed it, then should gonna enjoy doctor who online . I am sure, you also enjoy it. as it is worth watching for Christmas holidays.
kristy
Law Clerk

Postby HGervais » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:48 pm

Okay....so some of this probably spoilerly....this is me putting together pieces of information, rumor and the series 6 trailer. Here goes.......

A couple of years ago during the RTD years there was the episode "The Doctor's Daughter". The plan as I understood it was for her to be killed off at episode's end. This was changed when incoming producer Steven Moffat requested that she live. So cut to the end and while one of her hearts is damaged she lives to go explore the stars. That is clue 1. Cut to the "Silence in the Library" two-parter and River Song reveals she knows The Doctor's true name and the Doctor telling her there is only one way he would have told anyone that, that is clue 2. Cut to the Weeping Angels two-parter of last season where Amy asks River if her and the Doctor are married. River replies nothing is that simple from which Amy says her and the Doctor ARE married. Later it is established that River was in jail for murdering a good man, the best she ever knew, those are clues 3 & 4. Cut to the "The Pandorica Opens" and we find out it was indeed The Doctor who taught her how to pilot the TARDIS. The episode is closed with River & The Doctor's interlude after Amy's wedding where River notes that The Doctor loves weddings. The Doctor then asks River if she is married. River's cryptic reply, "yes." More clues. Cut to the trailer for the upcoming series 6 and we are greeted with a bearded Doctor in a straightjacket. This is supposed to be episodes 5 & 6 and they are supposed to be dealing with cloning and are major building blocks for Steven Moffat's episode 7 aka spring cliffhanger.
So here is my thinking...River Song is Jenny, The Doctor's child via his forced cloning. Not a full fledged time-lord Jenny doesn't have the full abilities of a time-lord but was able to regenerate at least once. I postulate that Jenny and the cloned Doctor became involved and perhaps married and that it is the cloned Doctor that River is forced to kill. Anyway, that's my working theory.
HGervais
Judge

Postby the5thghostbuster » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:52 pm

HGervais wrote:A couple of years ago during the RTD years there was the episode "The Doctor's Daughter". The plan as I understood it was for her to be killed off at episode's end. This was changed when incoming producer Steven Moffat requested that she live. So cut to the end and while one of her hearts is damaged she lives to go explore the stars. That is clue 1. Cut to the "Silence in the Library" two-parter and River Song reveals she knows The Doctor's true name and the Doctor telling her there is only one way he would have told anyone that, that is clue 2. Cut to the Weeping Angels two-parter of last season where Amy asks River if her and the Doctor are married. River replies nothing is that simple from which Amy says her and the Doctor ARE married. Later it is established that River was in jail for murdering a good man, the best she ever knew, those are clues 3 & 4. Cut to the "The Pandorica Opens" and we find out it was indeed The Doctor who taught her how to pilot the TARDIS. The episode is closed with River & The Doctor's interlude after Amy's wedding where River notes that The Doctor loves weddings. The Doctor then asks River if she is married. River's cryptic reply, "yes." More clues. Cut to the trailer for the upcoming series 6 and we are greeted with a bearded Doctor in a straightjacket. This is supposed to be episodes 5 & 6 and they are supposed to be dealing with cloning and are major building blocks for Steven Moffat's episode 7 aka spring cliffhanger.
So here is my thinking...River Song is Jenny, The Doctor's child via his forced cloning. Not a full fledged time-lord Jenny doesn't have the full abilities of a time-lord but was able to regenerate at least once. I postulate that Jenny and the cloned Doctor became involved and perhaps married and that it is the cloned Doctor that River is forced to kill. Anyway, that's my working theory.

Well, a few things to address.

First, on the Jenny living thing: As RTD made note, Moffat didn't really request that she live per se, but rather made a remake that RTD should let her live because in his view RTD "kills everone!" Granted he could be lying, as could Moffat given that he claims he even forgot that he'd said that to RTD. So either a ton of organized lying is going on, or the whole Jenny thing was never part of any plan

Next: never heard of cloning being involved. if so, adds a whole new spin.

The beg problem with the theory however, and the reason it cannot happen, is this: no matter how one slices it, River being Jenny basically amounts to incest. And while if this was TORCHWOOD, I'd be willing to bet that would be the big twist, I cannot see Moffat, or the BBC brass, even begining to allow for that type of criticism to even come up against the show, be it clones or not.

Besides, we have Tennant in real life dating (and if tabloids are to be believed, soon to be marrying) the actress who played his daughter. So that takes care of that ;)
the5thghostbuster
County Attorney

Postby mhansen » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:15 pm

mhansen
Chief Counsel

Return to Television