Current or vintage, broadcast, internet, cable, or satellite

R.I.P. Sherwood Schwartz

Postby J.M. Vargas » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:13 pm

'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Re: R.I.P. Sherwood Schwartz

Postby stypee » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:07 pm

Alright, this is going to piss allot of people off and I'm gonna get an army of hate responses but i gotta say it..

Yes, he produced some of the most memorable and classic television that continues to enter even more generations, however.

The man was a complete douche. One of the greatest and most disgusting bastards that had no shame in showing how much of a douche he was.

I really don't care how many defenses all will make but one thing that pisses me off about Schwartz is that he had no problem admitting and proudly declared the fact that he didn't owe any of his actors for the life they gave these characters, how can we not thing of a single member of the Brady Bunch without thinking of their distinct character traits?

You can defend the fact that there were no clauses in any of their contracts stating the wanted residuals for when the shows went into syndication, say whatever you want. These people are worthy for what they did for such fond memories of how they played this infamous characters and if it weren't for them, these shows would have not become what they are today.

Schwartz never regretted at least acknowledging some sort of compensation for what these shows did for his bank account, he stated to the public that he didn't owe anybody anything. Yes, that's true however show some respect. He paid these people crap in the first place and now when they are asked about him since he's dead, they have to bite their tongues and speak all these wonderful things.

Before the douche hit the ground there were constant stories about how these people were treated and paid because of Schwartz' greed.

So whatever you want to bring to this, say what you want, great t.v., classic, ground breaking yes, douche bag, very much so.

It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Return to Television