can we give Craig Ferguson some love?

Current or vintage, broadcast, internet, cable, or satellite

can we give Craig Ferguson some love?

Postby molly1216 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:44 pm

did anyone watch the Paris Shows last week? ohmigod. there is surely NOTHING as like this anywhere on tv at the moment. They actually TOURED Shakespeare and Company!!....they filmed a dinner with just him, Kirsten Bell and Jean Reno...just Effing TALKING...it was surreal in it's awesomeness.
it's the only late night show that could be called TALK the others are just brief interviews promoting crap which isn't that good to begin with.

The longer I watch the more I appreciate every out of the box moment. The Desmond Tutu episode was stunning, the Stephen Fry interview episode was just classy...just the casualness of it all and the pandering to the Geek movement and online culture..chris hardwick, the mythbusters..etc? Where else can you watch Neil Gaiman discuss Doctor Who AND H P Lovecraft?

It is silly, and smart, relaxed and classy all at the same time. I can't wait to see what out of the box stuff they come up with in the future.

in case you missed it.. nearly all the shows are archived in pieces on Youtube.
Neil Gaiman interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlx1ju7V9Aw
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Re: can we give Craig Ferguson some love?

Postby stypee » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:08 pm

I love this dude, I just wish I can remember to watch the dam show.. He really is a funny man.
It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Postby molly1216 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:02 pm

stypee wrote:I love this dude, I just wish I can remember to watch the dam show.. He really is a funny man.

i almost never catch it on TV proper
so i watch them the next day on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/TVsCraigFerguson
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby azul017 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:55 pm

He's awesome, but the tangents he goes off on isn't as entertaining as he thinks it is. The one he did with Helena Bonham Carter last February did rock, but I wasn't a fan of his Maria Bello interviews.
"Aliens conquering Earth would be fine with me, as long as they make me their queen."
- Gillian Anderson
azul017
City Prosecutor

Postby Steve T Power » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:45 pm

I don't really see anything other than "I'm loud, outspoken, and Scottish!" Without the Scottish part he'd just be another blowhard.

I'll stick with kooky krazy Conan O'Brian.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby azul017 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:33 pm

Steve T Power wrote:I don't really see anything other than "I'm loud, outspoken, and Scottish!" Without the Scottish part he'd just be another blowhard.

I'll stick with kooky krazy Conan O'Brian.

I like Conan and Ferguson, but they aren't good hosts. Both aren't as funny as they think they are, and I loathed Conan's so-called 'interview' with Joseph Gordon-Levitt (which devolved into an metal band tangent). Ferguson should go back to sitcoms and voice-over roles, and Conan needs to go back to writing Simpsons episodes.
"Aliens conquering Earth would be fine with me, as long as they make me their queen."
- Gillian Anderson
azul017
City Prosecutor

Return to Television