Oscar Telecast

Current or vintage, broadcast, internet, cable, or satellite

Oscar Telecast

Postby Kenneth Morgan » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:29 pm

About the only thing I've watched at length this year is Seth McFarlane's opening. I'm not a fan of "Family Guy", but I thought he did OK. The jokes were funny, the music segments went well, there was a nice appearance by Shatner, and the audience seemed to like it. The "Boobs" song was good, though it reminded me of the far superior "Toobular Boobular Joy" from MST.

Then I turned to the Nikke Finke site and saw that actually I was watching THE WORST OSCAR SHOW IN THE WHOLE OF RECORDED HISTORY! I must've missed that part.

I'll catch therest of the highlights later; I've got bills to pay.
-30-
Kenneth Morgan
City Prosecutor

Re: Oscar Telecast

Postby stypee » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:57 am

It was pretty awful. Some of Seth's stuff was funny but what I found most annoying was the aftermath. All this jack asses bitching and moaning about Seth's jokes, some calling throwing all sorts of labels at him, one be a chauvensit. What did this weirner fartheads expect? They hired a guy who created and writes for one of the crudest, vulgar programs in America.
It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Re: Oscar Telecast

Postby Kenneth Morgan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:03 pm

Now the question is, who'll be tapped to host next time? Probably Whoopi Goldberg or Steve Martin; the Academy usually goes back to the more familiar hosts after trying someone new. Whether or not they'll be worth watching is another matter.
-30-
Kenneth Morgan
City Prosecutor

Return to Television