Bedknobs and Broomsticks

The wonderful world of high-def

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Postby Movie Mike » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:46 pm

Today Disney released a bunch of their catalog titles for Bluray release and it's just sad to see how they kind of just dumped them onto Bluray without any new special features or worse missing many of the features that were on the original DVD releases.

In the case of Bedknobs and Broomsticks one of the special features on this Bluray release is from the 30th anniversary DVD edition which is the featurette "Music Magic: The Sherman Brothers" where the brothers and Angela Lansbury discuss how great it is that the movie has finally been restored to it's proper length of 139 minutes, but the Bluray edition only contains the 119 minute version. That is some major bullshit right there.

I haven't popped in Tarzan yet but just by looking at the back I can clearly see it doesn't include any of the features that were on the two disc special edition DVD.

The people at Disney Home Video should be ashamed of themselves.
Movie Mike
City Attorney

Re: Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Postby Michael Stailey » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:17 pm

Agreed. Disney isn't sending over product for their HD re-releases, but I picked this up recently and was quite surprised. My guess is one of two reasons: 1) since the dubbing of the restored scenes on the Anniversary DVD release were fairly poor, or 2) Disney is just lazy. I'm going to write a full review soon comparing the two cuts, having seen the restored version on the big screen years ago at the Aero theater in Santa Monica soon after the print was unveiled at the AMPAS anniversary celebration.
Michael Stailey
Chief Justice

Return to Blu-ray