Question re a high def movie shown on TV...

The wonderful world of high-def

Question re a high def movie shown on TV...

Postby Future Man » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:44 pm

Last night I began watching a beautiful print of the cheezy but lovable Planet of the Vampires in HD on Comcast On Demand. Could this mean a Blu-ray release is in the works? It would be nice to retire my non-enhanced disc.
Future Man
County Attorney

Re: Question re a high def movie shown on TV...

Postby hoytereden » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:13 am

Future Man wrote:Last night I began watching a beautiful print of the cheezy but lovable Planet of the Vampires in HD on Comcast On Demand. Could this mean a Blu-ray release is in the works? It would be nice to retire my non-enhanced disc.

That would be nice but I think cheezy is a bit harsh for the film itself. I think Bava did a fine job with very little budget to work with. I find the film to be pretty atmospheric and kinda' creepy for it's day and I think it still holds up pretty well. If you take it and add It The Terror from Beyond Space(more cheese ;-)) together you have a pretty good blueprint for Alien.
"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"-Stan Laurel
Moe-"Were you scared?" Larry-"No, just apprehensive." Moe-"Apprehensive, that's a pretty big word.What's it mean?" Larry-"That's scared with a college education!"
hoytereden
County Attorney

Return to Blu-ray