Lawrence of Arabia in '12?

The wonderful world of high-def

Lawrence of Arabia in '12?

Postby hoytereden » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Over at The Digital Bits the word is that they've completed the 8K scan of the original negative but there's at least another year of work to be done on the restoration. :( A 50th anniversary edition perhaps?
"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"-Stan Laurel
Moe-"Were you scared?" Larry-"No, just apprehensive." Moe-"Apprehensive, that's a pretty big word.What's it mean?" Larry-"That's scared with a college education!"
hoytereden
County Attorney

Re: Lawrence of Arabia in '12?

Postby Steve T Power » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:52 pm

Good thing we were seeing clips of Lawrence on freakin' Blu-Ray launch discs!

ARGH!

I'm sure whatever eventually materializes will be amazing - it goddamn well better be.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby hoytereden » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:27 am

Steve T Power wrote:Good thing we were seeing clips of Lawrence on freakin' Blu-Ray launch discs!

ARGH!

I'm sure whatever eventually materializes will be amazing - it goddamn well better be.

I remember one of the first demo discs we ran for Blu-ray had clips of Lawrence and Finding Nemo with the the fade-out listing those two titles with a bunch of others and the promise-"Coming soon to Blu-ray." I guess it all depends on your definition of soon. :shock:
Moe-"Were you scared?" Larry-"No, just apprehensive." Moe-"Apprehensive, that's a pretty big word.What's it mean?" Larry-"That's scared with a college education!"
hoytereden
County Attorney

Postby hoytereden » Tue May 29, 2012 4:10 pm

The Digital Bits is saying that LoA will be released towards the end of '12. Hope! Hope!! HOPE!!!
hoytereden
County Attorney

Return to Blu-ray