Scarface - September 6th

The wonderful world of high-def

Scarface - September 6th

Postby Steve T Power » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:20 pm

From Blu-ray.com

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced Scarface for Blu-ray release on September 6. Considered one of the most influential gangster films ever made, Brian De Palma's film has been "newly-restored" and will be presented with 7.1 audio for the first time. It will come in a limited-edition BD with SteelBook packaging, ten exclusive art cards, a digital copy of the film and a DVD of the original 1932 Scarface. The studio is also holding a national Scarface fan art contest.

Additionally, for the ultimate collector and cigar enthusiast, a hand-crafted Scarface-themed humidor will be made available in an exclusive, never-before-available, limited gift set edition. Created by the renowned Daniel Marshall, the humidor's exterior is hand painted and polished with the Marshall's trademark "1000 coat brilliant finish." The interior – made with untreated Spanish cedar – will properly condition and age approximately 100 cigars at optimal humidity levels. Limited to 1,000 worldwide and priced at $999.99, each individually numbered humidor comes embellished with custom medallions inspired by the iconic film and includes a certificate of authenticity.

I'm not too gone on the flick myself, but I'm sure there will be a few excited people out there.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Return to Blu-ray