Resume Play

The wonderful world of high-def

Resume Play

Postby Movie Mike » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:48 pm

Who do we have to petition to get all studios to put a Resume Play feature on their Blu-ray discs? I hate having to stop a Universal disc in mid movie because it won't remember where I was and then I've got to make my way through all the logos, ads and trailers again. Very annoying. Warner I think is the only studio that pretty much has that feature for all their discs. Disney is starting to use the feature where it actually asks if you want to resume where you left off or start from the beginning. Is there any logical reason that this isn't adopted by everyone?
Movie Mike
City Attorney

Re: Resume Play

Postby mkiker2089 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:00 pm

I don't think WB uses it all the time. It's also done differently on some. I've had titles that just worked. Disney however uses a save spot on the players storage so those that aren't live capable won't be able to use it.
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Postby stypee » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:16 am

Universal did it on the Halloween 2 release but it was very, very aggravating. They call it "bookmarking" and if you forget to do it, you gotta start all over again. I think I must have had to stop the disc quite a few times that evening and the aggravation alone was enough to have anyone climb up a wall.

Yes, we need them.. they are our friends and with all the dam technology and aggravating gimmicks and commercials we have to endure after paying top dollar because its a freaking blu-ray disc, I think its only fair.
It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Postby JoshRode » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:20 am

While we're at it, let's get them to skip the opening credits on episodic collections. It's fine the first time, but I don't need to see them every stinkin' time. Spongebob Squarepants, of all shows, is the only one that gets this right.
I'm just a horse, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love me.
- Andrew Forbes
JoshRode
City Attorney

Postby stypee » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:22 am

JoshRode wrote:While we're at it, let's get them to skip the opening credits on episodic collections. It's fine the first time, but I don't need to see them every stinkin' time. Spongebob Squarepants, of all shows, is the only one that gets this right.

I love you.

I have quite a few box-sets like that and it drives me insane.. Especially the one from "That 70's Show"
It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Postby mavrach » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:54 am

For some reason on TV shows, I'll insist on watching the opening theme every single time. I guess it helps set the pace of the episode. Otherwise it feels a bit lopsided after a cold open. But I'm probably being OCD about it, since I'm meant to watch a show with commercials and such. Plus it's fun to be able to sing along in Japanese to anime opening credits (watch me with Neon Genesis "zankoku no tenshi no you ni...") ;-)

Some shows may let you hit the Next Chapter button to skip the opening credits, but only if the disc is structured that way. So a DVD that count a full episode as one scene won't work.
+1. this is very interesting.
mavrach
County Attorney

Location: North Jersey, at the end of a one-way dead-end road.

Return to Blu-ray