Indiana Jones Trilogy (Sept. '12)

The wonderful world of high-def

Indiana Jones Trilogy (Sept. '12)

Postby J.M. Vargas » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:34 am

http://www.mubis.es/noticias/la-trilogia-clasica-de-indiana-jones-por-fin-en-blu-ray. It's in Spanish but it confirms Paramount is doing a worldwide launch of the original Indy trilogy on BD in September (specific date TBA). No mention of separate title release yet. So, yay!?!? :D
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Re: Indiana Jones Trilogy (Sept. '12)

Postby mavrach » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:58 am

Sold. Even though Raiders is the obvious gem of the series, I'd want all three. Yes, even Temple of Doom. As flawed as that one is, it's still nostalgic. And if you can look past the direct racism and Willie Scott (I know that's a big IF ), it's actually a pretty great action flick.

They're not forcing us to buy [b]Crystal Skull{/b]?
+1. this is very interesting.
mavrach
County Attorney

Location: North Jersey, at the end of a one-way dead-end road.

Postby J.M. Vargas » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:03 am

^^^ Even Lucas, money-grabbing whore that he is, knew that many people would pass on buying the trilogy box set if it included a movie that many have already bought on BD (and is hated as much or more than "Temple of Doom"). No "KOTCK" in the Box Set: more sales of the Indy movies not available on BD as a group. Then, when sales dry up, release them separately and do a much smaller run of "Temple of Doom" (the same way I'm sure Warner burned fewer copies of the "Matrix" sequels than the original, or Paramount doing far fewer "The Godfather Part III" pressings than "The Godfather I/II"). It's as predictable a business model as the double/triple dip.
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby mavrach » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:12 am

Lucas really isn't that bad with DVD releases. Why doesn't anybody get mad at the Evil Dead people for re-releasing those on DVD repeatedly? Lucas has actually been pretty efficient with his DVD releases.

His problem is that he thinks all of this tweaks and releases are perfect. I'm surprised that he doesn't consider Crystal Skull to be equal with the first three, and in doing so releasing his intended "quadrilogy" that he'd had planned out his whole life.
+1. this is very interesting.
mavrach
County Attorney

Location: North Jersey, at the end of a one-way dead-end road.

Postby hoytereden » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:59 am

mavrach wrote:Sold. Even though Raiders is the obvious gem of the series, I'd want all three. Yes, even Temple of Doom. As flawed as that one is, it's still nostalgic. And if you can look past the direct racism and Willie Scott (I know that's a big IF ), it's actually a pretty great action flick.

My problem with ToD is the screaming banshee aka Kate Capshaw. I know Karen Allen was a tough act to follow but Capshaw was the polar opposite and, frankly, just about ruins the movie for me. Nostalgia-wise maybe she was suppose to capture the era of screamers such as Fay Wray but- she's no Fay Wray. Worked out well for her though-She married the boss.
"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"-Stan Laurel
Moe-"Were you scared?" Larry-"No, just apprehensive." Moe-"Apprehensive, that's a pretty big word.What's it mean?" Larry-"That's scared with a college education!"
hoytereden
County Attorney

Postby Steve T Power » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:32 pm

hoytereden wrote:
mavrach wrote:Sold. Even though Raiders is the obvious gem of the series, I'd want all three. Yes, even Temple of Doom. As flawed as that one is, it's still nostalgic. And if you can look past the direct racism and Willie Scott (I know that's a big IF ), it's actually a pretty great action flick.

My problem with ToD is the screaming banshee aka Kate Capshaw. I know Karen Allen was a tough act to follow but Capshaw was the polar opposite and, frankly, just about ruins the movie for me. Nostalgia-wise maybe she was suppose to capture the era of screamers such as Fay Wray but- she's no Fay Wray. Worked out well for her though-She married the boss.

To me Willie was actually the most streetwise chick of the bunch. Once Marion was sober she was the typical damsel in distress, people seem to conveniently forget that Marion spends most of the screen time after the Sherpa drink-off screaming "Innnnnddddyyyyyyyyyyyy" While she's carried around by Snidely Whiplash wanna-bes. Sure Wille screamed a lot, but she's a girl, girls scream. :)
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Andrew Forbes » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:40 pm

Steve T Power wrote:Sure Wille screamed a lot, but she's a girl, girls scream. :)

That doesn't make it not infuriating.
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Postby hoytereden » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Andrew Forbes wrote:
Steve T Power wrote:Sure Wille screamed a lot, but she's a girl, girls scream. :)

That doesn't make it not infuriating.

Like I said Karen Allen was his perfect match and that's the kind of girl I wanted on screen so it was a big letdown. One of the bright spots of the last Indy film was the return of Miss Allen. Still a hottie! :)
"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"-Stan Laurel
Moe-"Were you scared?" Larry-"No, just apprehensive." Moe-"Apprehensive, that's a pretty big word.What's it mean?" Larry-"That's scared with a college education!"
hoytereden
County Attorney

Return to Blu-ray