Summer With Monika ??

The wonderful world of high-def

Summer With Monika ??

Postby hoytereden » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:28 pm

It seems all but certain that the long awaited (my me at least) Bergman title Summer With Monika will be released by Criterion in May. I say all but certain since Criterion is teasing with a single photo on Facebook from a film that has generated a lot of guesses but looks to be the Bergman title. This was the very first Bergman film I saw and still remains my favorite. Here's hoping. :)
"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"-Stan Laurel
Moe-"Were you scared?" Larry-"No, just apprehensive." Moe-"Apprehensive, that's a pretty big word.What's it mean?" Larry-"That's scared with a college education!"
hoytereden
County Attorney

Re: Summer With Monika ??

Postby Andrew Forbes » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:08 am

hoytereden wrote:It seems all but certain that the long awaited (my me at least) Bergman title Summer With Monika will be released by Criterion in May. I say all but certain since Criterion is teasing with a single photo on Facebook from a film that has generated a lot of guesses but looks to be the Bergman title. This was the very first Bergman film I saw and still remains my favorite. Here's hoping. :)

No question. Here's the frame from SwM next to the Criterion teaser, courtesy of Blu-ray.com user Retablo.
Formerly chamucamel
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor

Re: Summer With Monika ??

Postby hoytereden » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:04 am

A day one pre-order for me when it shows up. Can't wait to see what extras Criterion has in store. Harriet Andersson was such a hottie in those days.
"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"-Stan Laurel
Moe-"Were you scared?" Larry-"No, just apprehensive." Moe-"Apprehensive, that's a pretty big word.What's it mean?" Larry-"That's scared with a college education!"
hoytereden
County Attorney

Return to Blu-ray