DVD Reference Lists

Upcoming DVD Release news, your reviews, your collections, bargain hunting

DVD Reference Lists

Postby SmokestackJones » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:32 pm

I know a lot of us list our DVDs on other websites (DVD Aficianado, DVD Profiler, etc.) and use software to keep track of them (I myself use Movienizer), but do you, as a collector, ever create lists for certain DVD collections, just to find one specific short or routine, and print them out to keep them with the collection itself?

Here's an example: I have 3 reference lists at this time: one for my Monty Python Mega-Set (which lists each episode - and the sketches per ep - on which disc), one for my Twilight Zone Definitive Collection and I recently made one for the Looney Tunes Golden Collections (by cartoon, director and volume/disc). I printed them out and keep them with the collections. Makes it a lot easier to find specific things I want to watch.

So does anyone else do that or am I being anal?

-SJ
If I'm not me, who am I? And if I'm somebody else, why do I look like me?
-Popeye

Beblach!

My reading of A Christmas Carol
SmokestackJones
City Attorney

Re: DVD Reference Lists

Postby BrettCullum » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:35 pm

Truly great idea, but it does sound a touch anal.
Although I can see your reason to do this. I have a very large music video on DVD collection, and that would help me immensley to know which DVD holds which track. So for the Looney Tunes and such it makes sense.

But no, I don't ever do this...
Alex: It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen. (Clockwork Orange)
BrettCullum
Judge

Return to DVD