Max Headroom

Upcoming DVD Release news, your reviews, your collections, bargain hunting

Max Headroom

Postby ccb » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:44 pm

Apologies if this posted elsewhere...

http://io9.com/5481888/max-headroom-finally-coming-to-dvd ... article says August.
When I find myself in times of trouble, I say 'boy, you gotta carry that weight.' I am he, you are he, you are me, we are all together, speaking words of wisdom. Come together, right now. Amen.
ccb
City Prosecutor

Re: Max Headroom

Postby mkiker2089 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:51 pm

I remember this. Didn't Max work at MTV or something as well? I'll have to check this out.
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Postby barnaclelapse » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:24 am

About bloody time.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy."
-Tom Waits
barnaclelapse
City Prosecutor

Postby Bryan Pope » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:44 am

Cool. I had the biggest crush on Amanda Pays back then.
Agnes, it's me...Billy.
Bryan Pope
Judge

Postby HGervais » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:43 pm

I'm confused. We are talking about 2 seperate series from what I can recall....does this mean both versions are being included?
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby Dave Ryan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:23 am

HGervais wrote:I'm confused. We are talking about 2 seperate series from what I can recall....does this mean both versions are being included?

I am confused by your confusion. There was only one "Max Headroom", which ran for one season on ABC, and then (I think) was picked up in repeats by Cinemax or something.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092402/

Are you thinking about the UK-produced pilot, which was a 1-hour-long short? That wasn't a separate series -- it was (more or less) a proof-of-concept.
"Your average Russki doesn't take a dump without a plan, son."
Dave Ryan
Judge

Postby HGervais » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:58 am

The source of my confusion. So unless I'm reading it wrong, which is always possible, I'm looking at three actual series which headlined Max Headroom. The Max Headroom Show from Channel 4 in the UK, the Max Headroom talk show aired on Cinemax and the ABC series, Max Headroom. I would also be interested in seeing that Christmas special.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby Dave Ryan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:37 pm

HGervais wrote:The source of my confusion. So unless I'm reading it wrong, which is always possible, I'm looking at three actual series which headlined Max Headroom. The Max Headroom Show from Channel 4 in the UK, the Max Headroom talk show aired on Cinemax and the ABC series, Max Headroom. I would also be interested in seeing that Christmas special.

Aha... I see. Yes, that is confusing. I think the Channel 4 Max Headroom (which I DIMLY remember hearing about once or twice) and the Cinemax Max Headroom were basically the same concept -- a "talk show" like thing with Max as the host. I could be wrong, though.

In any event, I'm pretty sure that we'll only be seeing the ABC 1-hour drama on this set.

You should enjoy this, by the way, if you haven't already seen it...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/video/2 ... elfour.max
"Your average Russki doesn't take a dump without a plan, son."
Dave Ryan
Judge

Return to DVD