Defendor

Upcoming DVD Release news, your reviews, your collections, bargain hunting

Defendor

Postby Movie Mike » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:18 pm

Defendor is probably the sweetest superhero movie ever made. Woody Harrelson plays Arthur Poppington a nice man who sees the world through childlike eyes and wants to make it a better place, and for him that means donning the costume of Defendor and offering battle to the forces of evil. Basically this movie is if Charly from "Flowers For Algernon" decided to fight crime. The supporting cast is fantastic with Kat Dennings playing the hooker who befriends him and Elias Koteas as the nasty crooked cop who stands in his way. Highly recommended.
Movie Mike
City Attorney

Re: Defendor

Postby Steve T Power » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:23 am

I have it home for the weekend, and i keep thinking it's just too similar to Kick-Ass.

How does it stack up?
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Movie Mike » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:30 am

Steve T Power wrote:I have it home for the weekend, and i keep thinking it's just too similar to Kick-Ass.

How does it stack up?

I haven't see Kick-Ass but just going by the trailer I'd say Kick-Ass is the action-comedy goofball type while Defendor has comic elements but it's more loaded with heart and in a more realistic world..
Movie Mike
City Attorney

Postby Ghostdude » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:52 pm

DEFENDOR is FORREST GUMP meets KICK ASS.
Ghostdude
Law Clerk

Return to DVD