netflix

Upcoming DVD Release news, your reviews, your collections, bargain hunting

netflix

Postby molly1216 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:52 am

as much as we rely on it, Netflix DOES have it's defects
My acct has been this way for 3 or 4 days now.

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Re: netflix

Postby mkiker2089 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:19 am

Do you have more movies in your queue? I keep mine around 50 at all times. You need some of those classics that you love so much also. I try to keep new releases lower than 10 so when I'm ready for it netflix is ready to send it.
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Postby molly1216 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:59 am

my queue is usually about 90-100 titles
but they NEVER send me new releases...Basterds has been at the top of my list since before it was released
i am starting to take it personally.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby Selk » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:07 am

WOW! You are really into "Rosemary and Thyme", aren't you! LOL!

Seriously, I would contact them. They have a phone number call them, they are pretty cool about fixing a problem.
my queue is usually about 90-100 titles
but they NEVER send me new releases...Basterds has been at the top of my list since before it was released
i am starting to take it personally.

What does that status say? Does it say "long wait" or anything like that. You may have to wait. Sometimes, even if it says it is available, it may miss a window and it may be unavailable at the moment when your latest movies are being processed. I had one of the BSG movies in my Queue for months before I got it.
"Movies are suppose to be big - If they're not big, they're television"
- Whoopi Goldberg
Selk
City Attorney

Postby mkiker2089 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:42 am

They have a catch-22 regarding new releases so I've adapted to either Red Box them or just wait. A month, sometimes 2 and it's short wait. Everyone wants the same movie at the same time.

I think it was easier when they could sell old movies. They bought more, rented them out, then sold the extra. They aren't allowed to do that anymore for obscure reasons.

As far as Rosemary and Thyme, when I start a series I'd just as soon finish it out quickly.

I try to spread my blu rays out so I don't feel so shafted paying an extra fee for them. Soon they are going to have to lower that because Red Box and blockbuster both are offering BR for no extra fee now.
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Postby Selk » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:00 pm

As far as Rosemary and Thyme, when I start a series I'd just as soon finish it out quickly.

I know, I'm just ribbin' ya. You should see how many series are in my queue.

They have a catch-22 regarding new releases so I've adapted to either Red Box them or just wait. A month, sometimes 2 and it's short wait. Everyone wants the same movie at the same time.

I think it was easier when they could sell old movies. They bought more, rented them out, then sold the extra. They aren't allowed to do that anymore for obscure reasons.

I find that the best way to get a new release from Netflix is simply to return your previous disc on Saturday. That way it gets there on Monday and they ship out the new release for Tuesday.
- Whoopi Goldberg
Selk
City Attorney

Postby molly1216 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:32 pm

Selk wrote:WOW! You are really into "Rosemary and Thyme", aren't you! LOL!

no you are mistaking mkiker2089's list for mine - i just went ahead and bought Rosemary and Thyme.

Selk wrote:I find that the best way to get a new release from Netflix is simply to return your previous disc on Saturday. That way it gets there on Monday and they ship out the new release for Tuesday.

and that's the bull**** party line.
that NEVER works for me.
I return my films EVERY friday and saturday
and it doesn't work.
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby Selk » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:56 pm

and that's the bull**** party line.
that NEVER works for me.
I return my films EVERY friday and saturday
and it doesn't work.

It always works for me. Maybe it is because of how close I am to the local hub.
- Whoopi Goldberg
Selk
City Attorney

Return to DVD