Werner Herzog DVD set question

Upcoming DVD Release news, your reviews, your collections, bargain hunting

Werner Herzog DVD set question

Postby BenShultz » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:58 pm

Okay, so I have the Werner Herzog Anchor Bay box set, and I tried last night to watch Fata Morgana. The disc cover says that it has both Fata Morgana and Lessons of Darkness, and so does the back. When I open the case, there is only one disc, which is labeled Fata Morgana, but I assume that since they are both pretty short they're just both on one disc. But when I put the disc in the player, all I get is a menu for Lessons of Darkness, and no option anywhere to play the other film.

The thing I don't get is that the disc itself is labeled for a film it doesn't even have, which seems extra weird.

Has anyone else who owns this set had this problem? Sadly, I don't have the receipt, or I would try taking it back.
Oh, you're paying way too much for worms, man. Who's your worm guy?
BenShultz
City Prosecutor

Re: Werner Herzog DVD set question

Postby HGervais » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:01 am

You might want to contact AB, or whatever company they have morphed into, directly to see if that have information and/or an exchange program.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby sb5 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:47 am

It's a widespread manufacturing error with this set; the DVD should be a flipper with Fata Morgana on one side and Lessons of Darkness on the other, but a large number of the sets got the single-sided DVD you described. Here's a thread in another forum that talks about the issue: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/572852-werner-herzog-6-dvd-box-15-bestbuy.html.

People with this problem had the best luck emailing Anchor Bay/Starz about getting a replacement through this email address: DL-TRY-FeatureFilms@Starz.com. They've supposedly been really good about getting a replacement DVD sent out as quickly as possible, and you don't need a receipt.
sb5
Law Clerk

Postby BenShultz » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:12 pm

Thanks a bunch, fellas!
Oh, you're paying way too much for worms, man. Who's your worm guy?
BenShultz
City Prosecutor

Return to DVD