Heads Up...1/2 Off Sale At B&N

Upcoming DVD Release news, your reviews, your collections, bargain hunting

Heads Up...1/2 Off Sale At B&N

Postby HGervais » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:04 pm

Starting on July 13th through the end of the month Barnes & Noble will be having a Criterion sale where it is all half off. So even if it's a full priced set at $39.99, you are still talking about 20 bucks. I've already got several things pulled. Save your pennies.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Re: Heads Up...1/2 Off Sale At B&N

Postby BenShultz » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:57 am

This may be a silly question, but by any chance do you know if this would this apply to pre-orders? I'd love to be able to get The Thin Red Line through this deal.
Oh, you're paying way too much for worms, man. Who's your worm guy?
BenShultz
City Prosecutor

Postby cdouglas » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:28 am

BenShultz wrote:This may be a silly question, but by any chance do you know if this would this apply to pre-orders? I'd love to be able to get The Thin Red Line through this deal.

Pretty sure that pre-orders don't count, if my memories of past B&N sales are correct.
cdouglas
Judge

Postby HGervais » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:18 am

Yeah, generally pre-orders don't count. The other thing though that I would consider is B&N did 2 of these sales last year with the other one occuring in the late fall as I recall. So if you can wait it will probably be something you can pick up 1/2 off a few months later.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby BenShultz » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:28 am

Oh, awesome, thanks for the tip.
Oh, you're paying way too much for worms, man. Who's your worm guy?
BenShultz
City Prosecutor

Postby Jim_Thomas » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:32 pm

Thankfully, I only picked up one Criterion title (8 1/2) during the buy 2 get 1 free feeding frenzy, else I'd be seriously ticked.

May have to pick up The Killers and The Wages of Fear (I do wish they'd do Friedkin's Sorcerer as well, it's a pretty underrated movie). Or I may get Repulsion instead of WoF. Decisions, decisions...
Jim_Thomas
Judge

Postby HGervais » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:40 pm

I have The Leopard, Close-Up, Everlasting Moments, The Complete Monterey Pop and Red Desert pulled behind the desk waiting for the sale. And my friend who runs the department has The Red Shoes and Black Narcissus on order for me, both of which should arrive while the sale is going on. If I have any funds left I will probably catch up on one or three of the Eclipse releases I'm missing.
HGervais
Judge

Postby HGervais » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:44 pm

Sale starts tomorrow and goes through August 1st...although I have heard the B&N web site started taking 1/2 off orders today.
HGervais
Judge

Postby Future Man » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:35 pm

It's working for me.
Future Man
County Attorney

Return to DVD