Upcoming "Doctor Who" Release

Upcoming DVD Release news, your reviews, your collections, bargain hunting

Upcoming "Doctor Who" Release

Postby Kenneth Morgan » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:46 am

It's been a while since I've posted here, so I hope you don't mind that I'm returning with a potentially volatile subject.

I saw on Amazon yesterday that the McGann movie is finally getting a Region 1 release on Feb. 8, 2011. All I know beyond that is that it's a two-disc set, so I figure there should be a fair amount of extras.

Personally, I'm looking forward to this one. I've been a fan of the McGann movie since it was first shown. Your opinion?
-30-
Kenneth Morgan
City Prosecutor

Re: Upcoming "Doctor Who" Release

Postby HGervais » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:29 am

The set itself is a pretty good example of what the Resoration Team does with each Who release these days. The set we are getting here is the second release Europe has gotten and the re-issue is a definite upgrade over the previous release. As for the movie itself, it isn't terrible and McGann makes a good Doctor who got great later on in the Big Finish audio dramas. The main problem with the movie is of course the retro-con they tried to do with the Doctor's origin. Thankfully that part has been ignored while the 8th Doctor himself has not.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Re: Upcoming "Doctor Who" Release

Postby the5thghostbuster » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:20 pm

HGervais wrote:The set itself is a pretty good example of what the Resoration Team does with each Who release these days. The set we are getting here is the second release Europe has gotten and the re-issue is a definite upgrade over the previous release. As for the movie itself, it isn't terrible and McGann makes a good Doctor who got great later on in the Big Finish audio dramas. The main problem with the movie is of course the retro-con they tried to do with the Doctor's origin. Thankfully that part has been ignored while the 8th Doctor himself has not.

Meh, that retcon has always been easy to write off as a joke on the Doctor's part given the context. Plus, we know have the Chameleon Arch to explain it as well ;)
the5thghostbuster
County Attorney

Return to DVD