Holiday Film releases

Upcoming DVD Release news, your reviews, your collections, bargain hunting

Holiday Film releases

Postby molly1216 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:25 pm

i treat myself to one new 'holiday' themed dvd per year
but each year it gets harder to find releases i am interested in.
Shall we post anything we find? doesn't have to be new...just not the usual suspects.

I picked up Bachelor Mother (1939) with Ginger Rogers and David Niven
which turns out is a pretty decent 'holiday' film...if you can imagine people walking in central park in January without winter gear.

and
I found this dvd on the WB archive new releases
which i think is the answer to "what ever will they do with all those years of uninteresting television we already consumed?" : they will pack it up in bite sized portions and sell it back to us.

CLASSIC TV CHRISTMAS COLLECTION (4 DVD SET)
Studio: Warner Bros.
Screen Aspect: 4 X 3 FULL FRAME
Run Time: 420 minutes
Packaging Type: Amaray Case
Genre: Christmas, Television
Synopsis:
This holiday settle in front of the TV with the California Highway Patrol, a Mypos immigrant and other wacky friends and co-workers in this wonderful 4-Disc Collection of Vintage TV Series Christmas Episodes. The yuletide season doesn’t mean less work for Dr. Kildare and Dr. Gillespie and for Jon and Ponch of CHiPs. A prized medallion is passed around as a gift in The Courtship of Eddie’s Father. Menorahs, mistletoes and Balky Claus – festive traditions of all kinds are celebrated on Welcome Back, Kotter and Perfect Strangers. The season is nearly ruined twice: on Eight Is Enough the Bradford family’s presents are stolen and Alice gets stuck in a Christmas blizzard. Mama’s Family debates the fate of Mama’s present, a goose. Keep it as a pet or eat it? The staffs from Veronica’s Closet and Suddenly Susan find Christmas with their co-workers to be the most challenging time of the year. So gather ’round and savor this classic compilation filled overflowing with holiday spirit!

DVD Includes:
Dr. Kildare - An Exchange of Gifts 12/24/64 Thinking he's about to die, a derelict alcoholic gives away his life’s hoardings.
The Courtship of Eddie's Father - Gifts are for Giving 12/23/70 What goes around comes around when Norman’s prized medallion circulates among the cast. Although not a Christmas episode per se, this story, originally aired two days before the holiday warmly illustrates the pure joy of giving.
CHiPs - Christmas Watch 12/15/79 Christmas season doesn’t mean time off for Jon and Ponch when thieves steal a 500 year-old bell from a community church.
Eight is Enough - Yes Nicholas, There is a Santa Claus - Parts 1 & 2 12/14/77 The Bradford’s Christmas is put on hold when all the family’s presents are stolen.
Welcome Back, Kotter - Sweathog Christmas Special 12/15/77 Mix merriment, mistletoe and menorahs and whip up a Christmas party with the Sweathogs.
Alice - A Semi-Merry Christmas 12/18/77 Alice, Tommy, Flo, Vera, and Mel spend Christmas together snowbound in a semi trailer.
Perfect Strangers - The Gift of the Mypiot 12/16/88 Balki ruins Larry's holiday mood by inviting his lonely boss, Mr. Gorpley, to the their Christmas Eve party.
Mama's Family - Mama Gets Goosed 12/20/86 Mama frets about cooking a live goose for Christmas dinner.
Veronica's Closet - Veronica's Christmas Song 12/18/97 Veronica and Olive audition to sing at a Christmas concert at Lincoln Center.
Suddenly Susan - The Walk Out 12/19/96 When Jack doesn’t hand out Christmas bonuses, the staff goes on strike.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Return to DVD