Deep Discount Sale!

Upcoming DVD Release news, your reviews, your collections, bargain hunting

Deep Discount Sale!

Postby hoytereden » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm

Deep Discount is having a 25% off sale on lots of discs. Example: Twilight Zone Season 1 Blu-ray for $56.22. Check it out. The sale ends Dec. 10.
"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"-Stan Laurel
Moe-"Were you scared?" Larry-"No, just apprehensive." Moe-"Apprehensive, that's a pretty big word.What's it mean?" Larry-"That's scared with a college education!"
hoytereden
County Attorney

Re: Deep Discount Sale!

Postby Dan Mancini » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:51 am

Ah, Deep Discount. I'd almost forgotten about them, even though I used to buy from them all the time. The last two orders I placed (well over a year ago), I ended up cancelling after they pushed the shipping back repeatedly for an entire month. I'd placed my orders during a sale and got the distinct impression that they wanted me to cancel -- or at least made buyers who'd paid full price a priority over me.
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Postby hoytereden » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:30 pm

Dan Mancini wrote:Ah, Deep Discount. I'd almost forgotten about them, even though I used to buy from them all the time. The last two orders I placed (well over a year ago), I ended up cancelling after they pushed the shipping back repeatedly for an entire month. I'd placed my orders during a sale and got the distinct impression that they wanted me to cancel -- or at least made buyers who'd paid full price a priority over me.

I've only dealt with them a few times but in each instance things went smooth. For me, the prices on the Blu-ray editions of Seasons 1 & 2 of The Twilight Zone are too good to ignore.
"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"-Stan Laurel
Moe-"Were you scared?" Larry-"No, just apprehensive." Moe-"Apprehensive, that's a pretty big word.What's it mean?" Larry-"That's scared with a college education!"
hoytereden
County Attorney

Postby maintcoder » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:19 pm

I'm with Dan on this one. These 'sales' are fine for in stock stuff, but they must only have a few in stock and waiting for them to fulfill a sale order after that fact is painful. I ordered North By Northwest and Boogie Nights during their Warner Blu-Ray sale in early September. They only recently shipped. That doesn't mean I won't buy from them, but I do so only when I know the deal is better than elsewhere and that I have to be patient for it to arrive.
Nick: I'm a hero. I was shot 2 times in the Tribune.
Nora: I read where you were shot 5 times in the tabloids.
Nick: It's not true. He didn't come anywhere near my tabloids.
maintcoder
City Attorney

Postby HGervais » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:42 pm

I miss the days when I looked forward to the DDD sales and they were actually a company I wanted to do business with.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby stypee » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:12 pm

I have never had a good experience with them and refuse to order, no matter how "good" the price..

Don't they have rumors every year or so saying they are going to be shutting down?
It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe

stypee
City Prosecutor

Return to DVD