Godzilla

Judge Patrick Bromley and his partners-in-crime set out to brutally f, F, or FFFFFF movies that set their souls on fire.

Godzilla

Postby Kenneth Morgan » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:42 pm

I have to disagree with the opinion expressed in the podcast. I liked the movie a lot. I thought keeping Godzilla off-screen for most of the time worked well, since they only brought him in when he was really needed, rather than have him on all the time. (Shades of Bruce in "Jaws".) I was disappointed that Bryan Cranston wasn't in more of the movie, but I can let that slide. And, personally, I thought having more of a human element to the story was a good idea, since they were trying for something closer to the original.

In short, I figure the new "Godzilla" worked well from the standpoint of the original. If I want to see something closer to "Monster Zero" or "Destroy All Monsters", I'll watch "Pacific Rim", which I also enjoyed a lot. And I'm interested in how the filmmakers will follow up both movies.

Now, if we're talking about the proposed "Gamera" reboot, that gives me pause...
-30-
Kenneth Morgan
City Prosecutor

Return to F This Movie!