thanks

Judge Patrick Bromley and his partners-in-crime set out to brutally f, F, or FFFFFF movies that set their souls on fire.

thanks

Postby molly1216 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:09 am

i find i am looking forward to this podcast each time.
thanks
not many things make me laugh anymore.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Re: thanks

Postby mhansen » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:54 pm

Thank you for the kind feedback! We're proud of the variety and quality of podcasts we're able to bring you.
mhansen
Chief Counsel

Postby Mach6 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:53 pm

Worst Horror Movies:

I have no complaints about your choices. They (especially The Final Destination & The Happening) all deserve the hatred that's thrown at them. The 1999 remake of The Haunting is definitely in my Top 5 list. I always remember the theater crowd not being scared (or caring) & laughing at the supposed "scary" scenes. They were cheering when Owen Wilson got his thanks to the swinging lion head. It's a bad sign in a horror movie when you're rooting against the characters because then there's nobody to care about & zero tension. All those millions of dollars spent on those CGI statues & walls coming to life did absolutely nothing. Liam Neeson tried, but even he couldn't save this borefest.

Best Horror Movies:

No mention of Alien? Or is Alien considered more Sci-fi than Sci-Fi Horror? I've seen Alien about a hundred times & it still shocks & mesmerizes me every time I watch it. Just like The Thing, a big positive is it features a cast of (mostly) smart adults trying to defeat it. There are no stupid horny teenagers waiting to be picked off like cannon fodder. Unfortunately like Halloween, most of the sequels have done a lot of damage to the original's reputation.
Mach6
City Attorney

Postby Bryan Pope » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:26 am

molly1216 wrote:i find i am looking forward to this podcast each time.
thanks
not many things make me laugh anymore.

Ditto what Ms. Molly said. You guys have great chemistry, and your ability to spout off movie trivia and names at a moment's notice is downright scary. A couple of times I found myself wondering "How the hell did he just happen to know that??"

Fun stuff.
Agnes, it's me...Billy.
Bryan Pope
Judge

Postby Mach6 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:09 am

SPOILERS for Minority Report:

Minority Report should’ve ended after Cruise found his son’s “killer” & had Cruise pull the trigger himself to finally get his revenge. Then Cruise gets caught or kills himself. It would’ve been a very ironic twist that the leader of the Pre-Crime Unit proved that the system worked. If the movie ends there, you don’t have the multiple explanations, the involvement from the Evil Old White Man Cabal, & any more screen time from Cruise’s boring ex-wife character. MR is a great 90-97 minute movie, but a mediocre 2 hour plus one.

The one scene that really ticked me off was when Cruise’s Ex-wife uses Cruise’s eyeballs to gain access to the prison even though Cruise is one of the prisoners. You would think the Pre-Crime Unit would’ve canceled his security clearance after he’s charged with pre-murder. Imagine if your boss fired you, & they forget to get your ID card & it still worked a week later so you can enter your old work place at will. Somebody in the HR Dept. would’ve been fired for that. Worst security ever!

I usually respect Michael Phillips' opinions, but what drugs was he taking when he named MR one of the top ten movies of the last decade.
Mach6
City Attorney

Postby Carl Wonders » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:56 am

Mach6 wrote:SPOILERS for Minority Report:

The one scene that really ticked me off was when Cruise’s Ex-wife uses Cruise’s eyeballs to gain access to the prison even though Cruise is one of the prisoners. You would think the Pre-Crime Unit would’ve canceled his security clearance after he’s charged with pre-murder. Imagine if your boss fired you, & they forget to get your ID card & it still worked a week later so you can enter your old work place at will. Somebody in the HR Dept. would’ve been fired for that. Worst security ever!

THANK YOU! That always bugged me. In fact, the whole reason for the inane "chasing the eyeballs" scene is stupid for the same reason: Anderton gets flagged and runs away and you decide to go hunt him down, yet you still let him have access to the precogs? Seriously.

If you haven't read the short story, I highly recommend it. The plot resolution actually has to do with the concept of Minority Reports, unlike the film, which shoehorns them into helping explain the whole Burgess thing at the end.
Carl Wonders
Paralegal

Return to F This Movie!