Movies Hated by Prius Owners

The world's foremost contrarian a-holes, Judges David Johnson and Dan Mancini, have taken it upon themselves to defend the cinematically indefensible.

Movies Hated by Prius Owners

Postby Gabriel Girard » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:14 pm

Hi guys, just wanted to tell you I enjoy the countdown so far. I don't know if you're taking suggestions for this, but IMHO Falling Down (1993) belongs in there.
User avatar
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney
 
Posts: 2270
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:42 pm
Location: Montréal, Québec

Re: Movies Hated by Prius Owners

Postby Dave Johnson » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:48 am

That's a good one. The Old White Man Cabal approves!

(Speaking of Falling Down, my Government teacher in 11th grade looked EXACTLY Michael Douglas in that movie, to the point people were stopping him in airports asking if he was Michael Douglas)
User avatar
Dave Johnson
Judge
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:05 pm
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Movies Hated by Prius Owners

Postby Mach6 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:19 am

I think liber, uh; I mean Prius owners would find a lot to like in They Live.

While evil aliens (& not the military, CIA, crooked FBI agents, etc.) are the main bad guys, look who’s helping them: Greedy rich humans. Those soulless yuppies & corporate CEOs don’t care if the aliens are stealing all our resources. They only care about looking out for themselves, making a profit, & sticking it to the poor. In other words: Capitalists are evil!

Prius owners would really hate the aliens because they our destroying our environment. During the resistance’s pirate TV broadcast, it mentions that they’re affecting Earth’s atmosphere & raising the temperature to make it more like their planet. Forget stealing our resources, the aliens are contributing to Global Warming.

I don’t want to get too political, but too me, John Carpenter used They Live to take a few over-the-top shots at Pres. Ronald Reagan’s “Trickle Down” economic policies where in a Prius Owner’s mind the rich got richer & the poor got poorer.

They Live should still be considered awesome no matter what vehicle you own.
Mach6
City Attorney
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 5:12 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Movies Hated by Prius Owners

Postby Dave Johnson » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:47 pm

You make a compelling case. The OWMC has dispatched an assassin to your house as we speak.
User avatar
Dave Johnson
Judge
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:05 pm
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Movies Hated by Prius Owners

Postby Mach6 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:59 pm

Thanks for the mention. I’m proud to be acknowledged as a contrarian, contrarian A-Hole.

With all the shots taken at Avatar & Matt Damon movies in previous episodes, I assumed Prius Owners was a codeword for liberals. I don’t mind action movies with muscular liberalism because John Carpenter is one of my favorite directors & most of his stuff does feature it. Another example of it is in Escape from L.A. which features Cliff Robertson’s right-wing, religious nut case of a President. Yet, it has Kurt Russell/Snake Plissken to provide the Mus. Lib. to counter act it.

Dave Johnson wrote:The OWMC has dispatched an assassin to your house as we speak

The OWMC assassin did pay me a visit but I showed him my 24 immunity card & he let me off with a warning. He said he was going back to his home country of McDonaldLand. He swore it was a legit place.

If I can be a contrarian, contrarian A-Hole just one more time. The Expendables does deserve to be on the list but Stallone’s previous effort Rambo was a better movie & would be hated a lot more by Prius owners. The main reasons:

No Fictional Country BS: It takes place in Burma, a real freakin place, not in The Islamic Republic of Not Iran or The Banana Republic of Nowhere.

No nuance or any signs of the OWMC: The Burma leadership & military are the main bad guys & they’re just pure evil. Burning down entire villages, throwing babies into a fire, making their prisoners run through a landmine filled field, etc. There are no shades of grey & not an ex-CIA agent running the show.

No useless girlfriend scenes: I didn’t see Rambo beating up Julie Benz’s boyfriend on a basketball court.

Better Kills: The Expendables had a higher body count, but nothing could top the driver in the jeep getting shot point blank into bloody chunks by a 50-caliber turret gun, Rambo putting several arrows into another Burma soldier & watching him get vaporized by the same land mine he planted earlier, or the way he gutted the leader with his machette. A Prius owner would be scarred for life after watching that.

In the battle of who has more testosterone: Rambo > The Expendables.
Mach6
City Attorney
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 5:12 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Movies Hated by Prius Owners

Postby Steve T Power » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:54 am

Mach6 wrote:Thanks for the mention. I’m proud to be acknowledged as a contrarian, contrarian A-Hole.

With all the shots taken at Avatar & Matt Damon movies in previous episodes, I assumed Prius Owners was a codeword for liberals. I don’t mind action movies with muscular liberalism because John Carpenter is one of my favorite directors & most of his stuff does feature it. Another example of it is in Escape from L.A. which features Cliff Robertson’s right-wing, religious nut case of a President. Yet, it has Kurt Russell/Snake Plissken to provide the Mus. Lib. to counter act it.

Dave Johnson wrote:The OWMC has dispatched an assassin to your house as we speak

The OWMC assassin did pay me a visit but I showed him my 24 immunity card & he let me off with a warning. He said he was going back to his home country of McDonaldLand. He swore it was a legit place.

If I can be a contrarian, contrarian A-Hole just one more time. The Expendables does deserve to be on the list but Stallone’s previous effort Rambo was a better movie & would be hated a lot more by Prius owners. The main reasons:

No Fictional Country BS: It takes place in Burma, a real freakin place, not in The Islamic Republic of Not Iran or The Banana Republic of Nowhere.

No nuance or any signs of the OWMC: The Burma leadership & military are the main bad guys & they’re just pure evil. Burning down entire villages, throwing babies into a fire, making their prisoners run through a landmine filled field, etc. There are no shades of grey & not an ex-CIA agent running the show.

No useless girlfriend scenes: I didn’t see Rambo beating up Julie Benz’s boyfriend on a basketball court.

Better Kills: The Expendables had a higher body count, but nothing could top the driver in the jeep getting shot point blank into bloody chunks by a 50-caliber turret gun, Rambo putting several arrows into another Burma soldier & watching him get vaporized by the same land mine he planted earlier, or the way he gutted the leader with his machette. A Prius owner would be scarred for life after watching that.

In the battle of who has more testosterone: Rambo > The Expendables.


I'm under the impression that Rambo might be forthcoming... or maybe not... we'll see...
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
User avatar
Steve T Power
Judge
 
Posts: 5351
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, CA

Re: Movies Hated by Prius Owners

Postby Boba Fett » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:48 pm

I'm still hoping #2 and #1 will be these two fine cinematic masterpieces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQkyi1_l6po

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Milq4Z03s7U
"I assure you, whatever the others promise to do, when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there."
User avatar
Boba Fett
County Attorney
 
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:11 am
Location: Oregon

Re: Movies Hated by Prius Owners

Postby Mach6 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:02 am

Boba Fett wrote:I'm still hoping #2 and #1 will be these two fine cinematic masterpieces.

Hey Boba, what about this one? There's definitely no Old White Man Cabal in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE0V-xhTF4s

It does seem criminal that a top 20 list of the most macho, kick-ass, & politically incorrect action movies of all time doesn't have a Chuck Norris beat-em up in there somewhere.
Mach6
City Attorney
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 5:12 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Movies Hated by Prius Owners

Postby Dan Mancini » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:39 am

Mach6 wrote:It does seem criminal that a top 20 list of the most macho, kick-ass, & politically incorrect action movies of all time doesn't have a Chuck Norris beat-em up in there somewhere.

This is true. In a list like this, there was bound to be an egregious omission or two. I promise to stream The Octagon on Netflix as pennance.
User avatar
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor
 
Posts: 4055
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:17 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Movies Hated by Prius Owners

Postby Boba Fett » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:48 pm

Mach6 wrote:
Boba Fett wrote:I'm still hoping #2 and #1 will be these two fine cinematic masterpieces.

Hey Boba, what about this one? There's definitely no Old White Man Cabal in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE0V-xhTF4s

It does seem criminal that a top 20 list of the most macho, kick-ass, & politically incorrect action movies of all time doesn't have a Chuck Norris beat-em up in there somewhere.

Oh man. That is as far from the OWMC as you can get. You have Islamic terrorists hijacking an airliner and if I remember correctly, killing Jewish passengers. Only the power of Lee Marvin and Chuck Norris, two of the most take-charge guys to walk the Earth can stop them.
"I assure you, whatever the others promise to do, when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there."
User avatar
Boba Fett
County Attorney
 
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:11 am
Location: Oregon

Re: Movies Hated by Prius Owners

Postby Mach6 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:11 am

Dan Mancini wrote:
Mach6 wrote:It does seem criminal that a top 20 list of the most macho, kick-ass, & politically incorrect action movies of all time doesn't have a Chuck Norris beat-em up in there somewhere.

This is true. In a list like this, there was bound to be an egregious omission or two. I promise to stream The Octagon on Netflix as pennance.

Ironically, The Delta Force was on one of the Encore premium channels a few days ago & I’ve sort of changed my mind about it. It has Norris & Marvin, the guts to use real countries, & Islamic terrorists but man is that soundtrack horrible. It’s just so generic & lame especially when The Delta Force goes into action. Even most 80’s cartoons had better “good guys go into action” theme music. I swear a future Prius owner must have produced that. That soundtrack alone knocks TDF off of my top 20 list

I know there will be omissions, but how the hell did Predator not make the list? With how much Dan & Dave talked about Predator 2, I thought for sure Predator would be either #2 or #1 on the list. I think it meets all the requirements for a Prius owner to really despise it.

Forget about The Expendables, Predator has the most bad-ass action cast of all time with Schwarzenegger, Carl Weathers, Jesse “The Body” Ventura, Bill Duke, & Sonny Landham. There’s no wusses or pansies in that group of proactive mercenaries. It also has my favorite & one of the most testosterone-filled action scenes ever when after the Predator kills Ventura/Bain, Mac/Duke goes insane with the mini-gun & the rest of the crew shoots up half the rain forest for about a minute. The only parts where I can see Prius owners would like is when Dutch says his group won’t do assassinations/dirty work or Weathers became the evil military guy for lying to Dutch’s group about the real purpose of the mission.

It’s still a great list & I have no problem with the original anti-hero Dirty Harry getting the top spot.
Mach6
City Attorney
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 5:12 pm
Location: Chicago, IL


Return to Objection!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest