Jean-Pierre Melville Podcast

Join Steve, Jon, Gabriel, and Andrew as they deconstruct a new filmmaker's body of work each and every week, as only high-falootin' Canadians can.

Jean-Pierre Melville Podcast

Postby J.M. Vargas » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:16 am

Great podcast gents. I was afraid the absence of two canucks would hurt the diversity of opinions but you still managed to get to almost 100 minutes with two missing co-hosts. That ain't easy. Keep up the good work, I love listening to your podcasts! :)
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Re: Jean-Pierre Melville Podcast

Postby Gabriel Girard » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:48 pm

Thanks for the kind words Vargas. We're very happy to have both McVey and Avrach as extra cohosts; more variety and they can come in and sub for missing Canadians. Look forward to a super-size James Cameron episode coming soon!
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Postby mavrach » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:05 pm

I believe McVey did some special French language research just for that episode too :D
+1. this is very interesting.
mavrach
County Attorney

Location: North Jersey, at the end of a one-way dead-end road.

Postby J.M. Vargas » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:58 pm

My Good Melville: Army of Shadows (Tony Ventura, Jean-Pierre Cassel and Simone Signoret own!)

My Bad Melville: Le Doulos (it's only really good, when everything about it should equate to best-of career work for all involved)

My Ugly Melville: L'aîné des Ferchaux, aka Magnet of Doom (ambitious as heck and Belmondo is his usual reliable self, but Melville just seems to be going though his usual motions and trying to pretend the movie is American on a shoestring).
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby Mach6 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:40 am

Gabriel Girard wrote:Look forward to a super-size James Cameron episode coming soon!

Why do I get this weird feeling that Mr. McVey is going to spend 20 minutes talking about how great Piranha II: The Spawning was? :D (To be honest, I rather watch Piranha II a hundred times before I ever watch Avatar again.) :(
Mach6
City Attorney

Postby J.M. Vargas » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:16 am

^^^ Yeah, I can't wait to hear the "Titanic" discussions which could easily fall under Good, Bad and Ugly depending on which Canuck is on the mike (though I'm pretty sure where Mercer is gonna fall on that epicness). 8)
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Return to They Came From the North