Tim Burton's Good Bad And Ugly!

Join Steve, Jon, Gabriel, and Andrew as they deconstruct a new filmmaker's body of work each and every week, as only high-falootin' Canadians can.

Tim Burton's Good Bad And Ugly!

Postby Gabriel Girard » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:09 am

PULL THE STRINGS!!!!
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Re: Tim Burton's Good Bad And Ugly!

Postby Mach6 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:15 pm

Good: Ed Wood (It’s the Tim Burton film I’ve seen with the most heart & it doesn’t have a lot of the Tim Burtonisms or quirky, weird crap that I usually hate. I admit I love the George “The Animal” Steele cameo as Tor Johnson.)

Bad: Planet of the Apes (I saw it in the theater & enjoyed most of it until the ridiculous twist ending. To this day, I still don’t know if Burton & Co. were trying to top the twist from the original or felt forced to include a twist ending. That ending still doesn’t shock me or make any sense whatsoever. I fall into the Steve camp on this one. The ape costume/makeup effects were great, Roth was awesome, & the final battle was satisfying. This might be the one time a normal, safe happy ending would’ve been the right choice.)

Ugly: Alice in Wonderland (All I can say is Johnny Depp deserves to receive 20 Hulk Hogan leg drops, 50 Big Van Vader power bombs, The Garvin Stomp, & be locked into Kurt Angle’s Angle Lock for 5 hours, for his obnoxious, scratch my eyeballs out, fingernails on a chalkboard “performance”.)

I really need to see Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure again. I think the last time I saw it was in the mid-90s.

AHH, COME’ON MAN, THE BAT! THERE IS NO BAT! :D
Mach6
City Attorney

Re: Tim Burton's Good Bad And Ugly!

Postby mkiker2089 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:19 pm

I think the end to Planet of the Apes was traditional sequel bating. He assumed it would be a hit and create a new franchise.
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089
County Attorney

Return to They Came From the North