2009 TV season

Current or vintage, broadcast, internet, cable, or satellite

Re: 2009 TV season

Postby J.M. Vargas » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:53 pm

"Battlestar Galactica" movie from original show creator Glen A. Larson in the works at Universal: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i6c21c5456af55219869af6584aeaa0c0

Just as the acclaimed Sci Fi Channel series "Battlestar Galactica" enters its final episodes, Universal has quietly entered into negotiations with Glen A. Larson to write and produce a big-screen version of the property he created.

The movie effort would have no connection to the series and would relaunch the story in a new medium. However, staples such as the characters Adama, Starbuck, and Baltar will remain.

Universal had no comment.
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby molly1216 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:03 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:"Battlestar Galactica" movie from original show creator Glen A. Larson in the works at Universal: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i6c21c5456af55219869af6584aeaa0c0

Just as the acclaimed Sci Fi Channel series "Battlestar Galactica" enters its final episodes, Universal has quietly entered into negotiations with Glen A. Larson to write and produce a big-screen version of the property he created.

The movie effort would have no connection to the series and would relaunch the story in a new medium. However, staples such as the characters Adama, Starbuck, and Baltar will remain.

Universal had no comment.

if you listen you can hear that dead horse whiny
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:29 pm

Andy Richter will be Conan O'Brien's announcer/secondary sidekick on "The Tonight Show": http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3ieda4f2f47125746dcad1da9bbbf3a398
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:01 pm

J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby molly1216 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:57 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:Lou Diamond Phillips and Ming-Na join "Stargate Universe": http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i03e9df1ef7d2112bfc683b7e2c3204b7.

ooohhhh pretty people.... still Stargate Voyager.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby HGervais » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:01 am

I get where Brett is coming from as far as Lost is concerned...the mystery of what a person thinks it is will always be more interesting than the answers presented but man-o-man the show keeps going from strength to strength. Terry O'Quinn is giving the best performance on TV right now as John Locke while Benjamin Linus is the most complex character on television. I love this show.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby Stubblecat » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:29 am

I'm sort of repeating myself here, but after watching the first 8 episodes of the Canadian dramedy Being Erica I have a few thoughts:

1. This is finally the one show that both men and women can watch together and equally enjoy. It's smart, funny, self-depreciating and it really makes you think about how your life is affected more by the little inconsequential choices you make rather than the supposed big important moments.
2. Along the same lines, it turns the notion of time-travel on its ear. What if your future is set in stone, regardless of what you try to change in the past?
3. If Jennifer Aniston's agent was a smart man (or woman), he/she would start looking into acquiring the U.S. rights for a network remake. This would be the perfect (and perhaps only) vehicle for her possible comeback. Not only does the Canadian star Erin Karpluk look like her, but they also share a lot of the same mannerisms. The show is also suited to the type of humour/pathos that Aniston perfected on Friends.

Jennifer Aniston's long-lost evil twin?
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Stubblecat
City Attorney

Postby HGervais » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:36 pm

Dollhouse episodes 2 & 3....both were much better than the pilot. That said, I still don't know what the show is about but it has gotten interesting enough that I'm going to stick with it.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby corkbouy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:52 pm

For those that care, or are willing to revisit some 90's nostalgia, this last season of ER is pretty great. Really improved from the awful dreck of some of the recent years. The fact that its the final season has given the writers the much-needed kick they deserved. No falling helicopters this year...

Plus, the fact all the original cast are/have returned speaks volumes about the effort everyone is putting in to give this giant the send-off it deserves. Haven't been this geeky since cast returned for the final episodes of The West Wing.
corkbouy
City Attorney

Postby molly1216 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:16 pm

life on mars is toast
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=53385
i saw that one coming..the period stuff must have driven the production costs through the roof
ergo, it actually had to have a higher ad rate return than a simple cop drama.

but if american tv gets into the habit of nurturing short term tv series like the UK
we may see higher quality shows more often,
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:51 pm

At least "Mars" gets a finale episode to wrap-up the storyline around mid-April. That's a courtesy not afforded to most dying network shows these days.

In other news, "Heroes" star Greg Grunberg (Parkman) accidentally twitters indications the show might be canceled (or close to): http://www.nypost.com/seven/03022009/tv/heroes_future_tough_157575.htm.

Lifetime renewes "Rita Rocks" for 2nd season: http://www.tvweek.com/news/2009/03/lifetime_renews_rita_for_2nd_s.php.

And don't forget the second season of Ray Wise's show "Reaper" premieres Tuesday on The CW: http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/columnists/aaron_barnhart/v-print/story/1056904.html
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby HGervais » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:21 pm

All I want is to hear that Chuck is coming back for season 3.
HGervais
Judge

Postby Future Man » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:52 am

Is anyone watching 24? I sorely miss the interplay with CTU.
Future Man
County Attorney

Postby J.M. Vargas » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:15 am

Heroes to come back for a 4th season (18-20 episodes) says new NBC executive: http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/03/nbc-to-renew-heroes.html#more. Not an official renewal, more like a morale booster for the show's prospects. No word on "Chuck" yet.
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:00 pm

Well, just got back from the taping of historic show #0004 of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 30 Rock in NYC and managed to get on camera twice: right as they go to the first commercial break and the camera pulls out (after the 'flashback' dude exits) and when Fallon walks through the audience as the credits roll. I'm the guy wearing the blue-and-yellow "Late Night with David Letterman" logo sweatshirt and a gray wool cap doing a two-fisted 'V' sign. It's not much but I'm pretty sure it's going to come across on high-def TV. 8)

My opinion of the show seeing it live is exactly the same as seeing it on TV: Fallon is far from a disaster but he's clearly suffering from rookie jitters. Jimmy doesn't come out to greet the audience before the show starts taping (only the typical stand-up warm-up guys and The Roots bringing down the house). Only after the first commercial break, while he does a local promo for WNBC-TV in New York ('Hey Chuck, Sue. I'm here in your old studio...'), does Fallon acknowledge the audience with a brief 'How are ya?'. No 'thank you for coming, please come back' from Jimmy after the show ends (he just leaves).

There was a comedy segment featuring Trump before he comes out as a guest that was weird because he was being cued to start reading the cue cards and either he didn't see the cue or couldn't read the cards (the latter is what he told Fallon afterwards happened). So he froze for 15 whole long seconds before he started doing the bit; this will probably be edited on the air into a smooth transition from Fallon. Serena Williams plays a mean game of 'Beer Pong' with Jimmy afterwards. She looks stunning, and more than a few males in the audience made obscene remarks you won't hear on the air about Serena's good looks . In-between the interviews there is a funny running gag involving an election of... nah, won't spoil the fun here. You'll have to watch the show throughout to get the full irony of "Late Night's" special take on a brand-new election of... you just watch. Plus there's a cameo by an MSNBC personality that, in its own quiet way, brought down the house! :lol:

Even though I don't like their music at all (not into hip-hop in the slightest) The Roots play a mean set of songs between segments; their performance with Ludacris at the end sounded amazing (and this coming from a hip-hop hater) even though it took ten minutes to get started because the DJ's laptop computer (red) crashed and lost the samples he had arranged. The way the right side of the stage moves so that it's at a 90 degree angle facing the cameras gives The Roots crew some photogenic powers. Studio 6B looks huge on TV but in person is one tiny place; there is no bad seat in the house, and me and my friend got close-to-center seats so we could see everything. No bleachers for us, but man those look tacky on the back of 6B!

Overall, my opinion of "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" is still shaping up and I still see as many positives as negatives that need to gel together. The announcer dude and his microphone are whisked away as soon as he's done introducing the show; why not keep him there to banter with Jimmy? The Roots didn't interact with Fallon again (so no, no 'Slow Jamming the News' on Thursday's show ) so it's just nervous Jimmy out there all alone talking fast, looking nervous and occasionally delivering some pretty good jokes. Again, the "Late Night" election take that runs throughout tonight's show is the funniest thing they've done all week, but it's still weak sausage compared with everything else on late night TV. And my God, Trump's hair looks as weird in person as it does on TV.

The lighting on that camera-left side of "Late Night's" stage is slightly difused and soft though. It's not the HD cameras that are making the shots from Jimmy/guest in the studio look soft. From my vantage point in the middle of the audience they looked soft too. The HD cameras are just capturing how softly the desk and couch are being lit by the show's lighting crew.

That's it. Will probably go back to the show in a couple of months to see if the behind-the-scenes etiquette and warm-up for Fallon's show changes somewhat. Seriously Jimmy, would it kill you to come out and say 'Hi' to the audience for a minute or two before the show starts? Letterman and O'Brien did it, why can't you?
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby molly1216 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:55 pm

am i the only one who sees this guy as such a lightweight it's a wonder why he doesn't blow off the screen.
i just can't take him seriously
he's like the guy that gets leno or letterman coffee.
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby HGervais » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:00 am

So does anyone around here watch the AMC original series, Breaking Bad? I got an email from a friend of mine almost raving about the show...anyone else got an opinion to share?
HGervais
Judge

Postby Udvarnoky » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:04 pm

Future Man wrote:Is anyone watching 24? I sorely miss the interplay with CTU.

I think 24 is superb this season. The claims that the series was being "reinvented" this year turned out to be laughably (though not unexpectedly) inaccurate, but for what it is, this is the best the show has been in a long while.
Holland-where is the baby?
Udvarnoky
Paralegal

Postby futilitarian » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:00 pm

HGervais wrote:So does anyone around here watch the AMC original series, Breaking Bad? I got an email from a friend of mine almost raving about the show...anyone else got an opinion to share?

I enjoy the show. What's not to like about a terminally ill high school chemistry teacher who cooks meth and commits a murder or two. That alone should make it worth a watch. :-) It is well done all around: writing, acting.... It's gotta be better than most of the crap that's on.

Hey Harold. I guess you didn't record the marathon on Friday? If not hopefully AMC's website offers the same extensive episode summaries that they do for Mad Men, then you'll know everything that happened.

I recorded the new one tonight, which I'm sure to watch tomorrow.
futilitarian
Paralegal

Postby HGervais » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:09 pm

I caught up on the past 6 week's worth of Battlestar Galactica....now there is some golden fried TV goodness....I'm really looking forward to sitting down with all four seasons and watching the whole thing unfold.
HGervais
Judge

Postby J.M. Vargas » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:02 am

^^^ I wish I had recorded the last six "BG" episodes so I could have viewed them all in one sitting instead of the week-to-week disappointments from the last four or so episodes. I like character development and build-up set-ups as much as the next critical viewer but come on, get to the fraking end game already! :|
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby HGervais » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:33 am

Yeah I'm glad I watched them that way. I had seen some of the complaints of what you were referring to but doing it in one long block I did not feel that at all. It struck me me yesterday that at its core BG is more about pain & loss than any show I have ever seen. It's relentless.
HGervais
Judge

Postby J.M. Vargas » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:12 pm

The Chicago Tribune previews this Thursday's TV Guide dual covers/story of the series finale of "Battlestar Galactica": http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2009/03/the-battlestar-cast-looks-to-the-past-and-ron-moore-teases-the-ending.html#more Tons of quotes from the cast plus RDM teases 'the ending.' Spoiler-laden article if you haven't seen the last eight or so "BG" episodes.

ImageImage
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby molly1216 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:06 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:The Chicago Tribune previews this Thursday's TV Guide dual covers/story of the series finale of "Battlestar Galactica": http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2009/03/the-battlestar-cast-looks-to-the-past-and-ron-moore-teases-the-ending.html#more Tons of quotes from the cast plus RDM teases 'the ending.' Spoiler-laden article if you haven't seen the last eight or so "BG" episodes.

ImageImage

Who told Eddie the Mullet was a good look?
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:43 pm

^^^ His dermatologist! :mrgreen: Thank you, I'll be here all week. Try the veal! :oops:
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:01 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:And don't miss the return of the best "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" ADA, Alexandra Cabot (Stephanie March), for a six-week guest-starring stint on NBC starting March 17th!

Ooops, NBC moved the Alex Cabbot episodes ahead a week. Stephanie March's six-week return to "SVU" starts tomorrow (March 10th) at 10PM ET/PT. Also, Mariska Hargitay to miss an "SVU" episode due to a recurring lung collapse: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/03/mariska-hargitay-to-miss-one-episode-of-law-order-special-victims-unit-because-of-illness.html
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby HGervais » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:00 pm

Okay...after a few weeks where Chuck was starting to feel like it was wearing out its welcome it officially became interesting again. If things start going the way I think they are Chuck had better get picked up for a third season.
HGervais
Judge

Postby J.M. Vargas » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:15 am

^^^ "Chuck's" ratings from last night's episode are in the toilet: http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/03/dancing-with-the-stars-premiere-ratings.html.

Fourth-place NBC had some bad news for "Chuck" (5.7 million, 2.0/5) fans. The show fell 17% from last week to a serious series low. "Heroes" (6.6 million, 3.2/8) matched last week's preliminary-rating series low. Yet "Medium" (7.1 million, 2.5/6) was up a tick.

I'm sorry but I don't see NBC renewing both "Chuck" and "Heroes," so the former is the odd man out. :|
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:10 pm

NBC/Direct TV on the verge of renewing "Friday Night Lights" for TWO more seasons: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/03/exclusive-frida.html :shock:
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby HGervais » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:47 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:NBC/Direct TV on the verge of renewing "Friday Night Lights" for TWO more seasons: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/03/exclusive-frida.html :shock:

See that is an interesting model of doing business. The other note I would make is about Chuck...what I would be curious to see is how much of a DVR audience the show has. Dollhouse has had horrible actual ratings but they pick up 30% when you factor in people recording it via Tivo and the like. The Sarah Connor Chronicles picks up even more, so thankfully executives are finally looking at more than just ratings. We will see.
HGervais
Judge

Postby molly1216 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:42 pm

am i the only one who thinks that the 'audience' noises on Jimmy Fallon are 'enhanced'?
seriously it was weird, i could practically hear the sound engineer turning the dial.
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:22 pm

I was at the taping of last Thursday's Fallon and watched the show that night. For now there are no sound enhancements (check out "The Price Is Right" for some seriously-phony audience reactions), the studio audience really laughs and hollers at anything dumb Fallon says/does. The dude is getting a ton of good will from an understanding audience (they even clapped as one several times without the Applause sign prompting them to clap, which shocked me!) but it won't last if he keeps laying eggs like tonight's 'Wheel of Carpet Samples.' You really have to be at one of these TV tapings to understand how contagious it is to laugh and clap at dumb things when they're right in front of you and the studio is really cold.
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby molly1216 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:24 am

J.M. Vargas wrote:I was at the taping of last Thursday's Fallon and watched the show that night. For now there are no sound enhancements (check out "The Price Is Right" for some seriously-phony audience reactions), the studio audience really laughs and hollers at anything dumb Fallon says/does. The dude is getting a ton of good will from an understanding audience (they even clapped as one several times without the Applause sign prompting them to clap, which shocked me!) but it won't last if he keeps laying eggs like tonight's 'Wheel of Carpet Samples.' You really have to be at one of these TV tapings to understand how contagious it is to laugh and clap at dumb things when they're right in front of you and the studio is really cold.

wow. talk about pavlovian... it wasn't the noises that i thought were fake but how they stated and stop on a dime and the volume didn't waver. humans don't generally 'herd' that easily. i guess people really do what the bright light tells them.
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:38 am

J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby HGervais » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:51 pm

Dollhouse..."Man on the Street" & "Echoes"......show just got good. With "Man on the Street" the show clicked into something both interesting and something you could identify as Whedonesque. Here is hoping the new management of Fox TV likes the show and those DVR ratings really are that strong.
HGervais
Judge

Postby Dark Knight » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:25 pm

HGervais wrote:Dollhouse..."Man on the Street" & "Echoes"......show just got good. With "Man on the Street" the show clicked into something both interesting and something you could identify as Whedonesque. Here is hoping the new management of Fox TV likes the show and those DVR ratings really are that strong.

Fridays episode "Echoes" was totally messed up (broadcast wise) here in the Pittsburgh area. Not sure who's fault it was. It started to happen in the middle of Terminator, but right after Dollhouse started the screen would go black, but you could still see the Fox 53 local station logo in the bottom right hand corner. So I knew it wasn't my TV or the cable company. Every once in a while the non-HD version came on for a few seconds and then black screen again. It wasn't just the HD either, a freind who lives on the other side of town and doesn't have HD said it was the same way for him. It finally came back to normal when the credits were on and the preview for next week.
So it was either Fox or the local affiliate. I'll have to find this an alternate way.
And BTW, Yes, "Breaking Bad" is worth raving about. If you haven't seen it, rent the first season, and if you have "On Demand" you can catch up this seasons episodes.
"Can you Photoshop your life with better decisions Jerry?"
Dark Knight
City Attorney

Postby J.M. Vargas » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:09 pm

It's official: NBC and Direct TV renew "Friday Night Lights" for two more 13-episode seasons: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i8f701cf03395decafe6cb4b48f5bb0ae. Score another victory for purveyors of quality TV. Me? I'll be watching "Smackdown." :roll:
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby HGervais » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:13 pm

"Chuck versus the broken heart" was laugh out loud funny AND it moved the season arc along. The most entertaining show on TV. Tricia Helfer looks like she had facework done since the end of Battlestar Galactica.
HGervais
Judge

Postby Dark Knight » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:58 pm

HGervais wrote:"Chuck versus the broken heart" was laugh out loud funny AND it moved the season arc along. The most entertaining show on TV. Tricia Helfer looks like she had facework done since the end of Battlestar Galactica.

I couldn't agree more. Excellent episode! I really hope despite ratings, NBC gives this another season. I mean, what have they got to lose? I hope it can come back like "Friday Night Lights" is. Speaking of which...
J.M. Vargas wrote:It's official: NBC and Direct TV renew "Friday Night Lights" for two more 13-episode seasons: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... b48f5bb0ae. Score another victory for purveyors of quality TV. Me? I'll be watching "Smackdown."

This is very good news.
So, since I watch this, it makes me a purveyor of quality TV? Even though I also watch re-runs of "Match Game"?
"Can you Photoshop your life with better decisions Jerry?"
Dark Knight
City Attorney

Postby molly1216 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:07 pm

i am surprised to find Dhani Jones on the Travel channel quite charming, i hope they produce another season.
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:20 am

CBS cancels "Guiding Light" soap opera after 72 continuous years on radio and (since '52) television: http://www.tvweek.com/news/2009/04/cbs_will_turn_off_light_in_sep.php. Procter & Gamble will try to keep the soap going on cable and/or the internet, but as far as CBS is concerned it's done. :|
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:38 am

J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby HGervais » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:09 pm

Lost/"What happened, happened"....Again, wow. Loved Hurley & Miles playing the show's writers in discussing time paradoxes. Loved Kate's reason for going back and had my mind blown by Sayid & Jack trying to rid the world of Benjamin Linus instead end up creating what he will become by Sayid's actions and Jack's inaction.
HGervais
Judge

Postby molly1216 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:36 pm

Better Off Ted anyone? so far so good....kinda liking it..but seriously why kill Pushing Daisies if this was in the pipes?
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:47 am

^^^ Don't get too enamored of "Ted." Ratings were abysmal on its first couple of episodes and cancellation talk is very real. Saw one episode and it felt too much like a male-oriented "Samantha Who?" (minus the amnesia subplot) meets a more corporate "Office."
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby erich » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:14 am

molly1216 wrote:Better Off Ted anyone? so far so good....kinda liking it..but seriously why kill Pushing Daisies if this was in the pipes?

I started watching one episode in after finding out it was created by Victor Fresco, the guy responsible for one of the best failed sitcoms of the decade, Andy Richter Controls the Universe. I watched through the complete series of Richter a few weeks back for review, and it holds up amazingly well. Ted is eerily similar, just not as good. I'm sad to see Fresco on the brink of another cancellation, but whether or not Ted gets the axe, pick up Richter on DVD. It's hilarious.
Candy Bar Drive Thru
Short and Sweet. Sketch Comedy Podcast.
erich
Judge

Postby cdouglas » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:28 am

Has anyone else been watching Kings? While the lead guy is a bit wooden, I've found the show quite engaging thus far, and Ian McShane is predictably excellent.

Also loving Breaking Bad right now... what a tense, well-crafted television show. Perhaps the best drama on tv at the moment.
cdouglas
Judge

Postby Dunnyman » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:47 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:Lifetime renewes "Rita Rocks" for 2nd season: http://www.tvweek.com/news/2009/03/lifetime_renews_rita_for_2nd_s.php.

Glad to see that. It's not the most innovative show out there, but the chemistry is superb, and I've never seen two sitcom kids that behave more like real kids than the two girls, plus, the scripts are quite good, with some great read between the lines jokes.
"I ain't a boy, no I'm a man, and I believe in the Promised Land"
-Coming to the USA on January 20, 2009!
Dunnyman
County Attorney

Postby J.M. Vargas » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:43 pm

cdouglas wrote:Has anyone else been watching Kings? While the lead guy is a bit wooden, I've found the show quite engaging thus far, and Ian McShane is predictably excellent.

Nobody's watching: http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/04/nbc-pulls-kings.html

"NBC is pulling freshman drama Kings from Sunday nights, yanking the struggling allegorical series after four episodes.

Kings will be replaced with another hour of Dateline, which will now run for two hours starting at 7 p.m.

Sunday's Kings episode was seen by 3.6 million viewers and received a 1.1 rating among adults 18-49. Yet Dateline had a 1.5 rating in its half hour leading into Kings. NBC suspects an expanded Dateline will provide a better lead-in for 9 p.m.'s Celebrity Apprentice, which has seen some audience erosion in recent weeks that might be attributed to Kings.

The remaining eight episodes of Kings will air on Saturday nights at 8 p.m. starting April 18."
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby cdouglas » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:03 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:
cdouglas wrote:Has anyone else been watching Kings? While the lead guy is a bit wooden, I've found the show quite engaging thus far, and Ian McShane is predictably excellent.

Nobody's watching: http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/04/nbc-pulls-kings.html

"NBC is pulling freshman drama Kings from Sunday nights, yanking the struggling allegorical series after four episodes.

Kings will be replaced with another hour of Dateline, which will now run for two hours starting at 7 p.m.

Sunday's Kings episode was seen by 3.6 million viewers and received a 1.1 rating among adults 18-49. Yet Dateline had a 1.5 rating in its half hour leading into Kings. NBC suspects an expanded Dateline will provide a better lead-in for 9 p.m.'s Celebrity Apprentice, which has seen some audience erosion in recent weeks that might be attributed to Kings.

The remaining eight episodes of Kings will air on Saturday nights at 8 p.m. starting April 18."

What the what? I should just stop following television shows. I feel a bit like Charlie Brown... everything I watch gets ruined (or cancelled). Before this, I had been following "Pushing Daisies" and "Dirty Sexy Money". At least they're going to finish airing the season in this case. *sighs*
cdouglas
Judge

PreviousNext

Return to Television