New Podcast - New & Recent CD Releases (May)

Join Judge Clark Douglas as he explores the musical side of film courtesy of the world's finest composers.

New Podcast - New & Recent CD Releases (May)

Postby cdouglas » Tue May 19, 2009 6:59 am

Hey folks,

Just a reminder that the latest "Sounds and Sights of Cinema" podcast is up and running today! The show features the latest new and recent CD releases, meaning you get a cool blend of music both new and old...

New stuff: Hans Zimmer's epic Angels and Demons, Alexandre Desplat's charming Cheri, John Murphy's atmospheric The Last House on the Left, Dario Marianelli's Beethoven-infused The Soloist, and Wendy & Lisa's new age writing for the television show Heroes.

Old stuff just released on CD: Jerry Goldsmith's dynamic One Little Indian, Shirley Walker's exciting Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, James Horner's lilting Something Wicked This Way Comes and Bronislau Kaper's bustling The Way West.

So, a little bit of something for everyone. You'll also hear my review of Ron Howard's new film Angels & Demons. I hope you enjoy it!

My question for you this week: At the suggestion of my esteemed colleague Judge Brett Cullum, I'm doing a show featuring electronic film scores next week. Anybody want to make any requests? Obviously I may not have access to everything, but I'll certainly do what I can.
cdouglas
Judge

Re: New Podcast - New & Recent CD Releases (May)

Postby Steve T Power » Tue May 19, 2009 9:36 am

cdouglas wrote:Hey folks,

Just a reminder that the latest "Sounds and Sights of Cinema" podcast is up and running today! The show features the latest new and recent CD releases, meaning you get a cool blend of music both new and old...

New stuff: Hans Zimmer's epic Angels and Demons, Alexandre Desplat's charming Cheri, John Murphy's atmospheric The Last House on the Left, Dario Marianelli's Beethoven-infused The Soloist, and Wendy & Lisa's new age writing for the television show Heroes.

Old stuff just released on CD: Jerry Goldsmith's dynamic One Little Indian, Shirley Walker's exciting Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, James Horner's lilting Something Wicked This Way Comes and Bronislau Kaper's bustling The Way West.

So, a little bit of something for everyone. You'll also hear my review of Ron Howard's new film Angels & Demons. I hope you enjoy it!

My question for you this week: At the suggestion of my esteemed colleague Judge Brett Cullum, I'm doing a show featuring electronic film scores next week. Anybody want to make any requests? Obviously I may not have access to everything, but I'll certainly do what I can.

Definitely the opening piece from Tangerine Dream's Legend score. And of course, Blade Runner
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby Boba Fett » Tue May 19, 2009 3:42 pm

Steve T Power wrote:
cdouglas wrote:Hey folks,

Definitely the opening piece from Tangerine Dream's Legend score. And of course, Blade Runner

Suzuki Keiichi's "Zatoichi" standout track: "A House on Fire and Massacres All Over" (regular or alternate mix)
Wendy Carlos' "The Shining" score
"I assure you, whatever the others promise to do, when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there."
Boba Fett
County Attorney

Postby Gabriel Girard » Tue May 19, 2009 8:08 pm

Clint Mansell's Requiem For A Dream score which does a great job of blending electronics with the Kronos Quartet.

Maybe Fight Club and its great Dust Brothers theme.
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Return to The Sounds and Sights of Cinema