Ambush Topics--6/5/2009

Verdict's longest running show runs down the latest in film, TV, and DVD, while challenging you to dig deep into the recesses of entertainment knowledge.

Ambush Topics--6/5/2009

Postby Dave Johnson » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:14 pm

Play along at home!

Dave: Add zombies to a John Hughes movie of your choice

Mike R.: In the spirit of 3D, what other gimmicks can theater owners implement for specific films?

Mac: Give a movie/TV character his or her own late night talk show.
Dave Johnson
Judge

Re: Ambush Topics--6/5/2009

Postby Mach6 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:41 pm

Zombies/Hughes Movie: I hate to pick the obvious but I gotta go with The Breakfast Club. Instead of watching Emilo & Co. "bond together" talking about how hard life is, they can "bond together" by fighting for their lives against hundreds of brain-eating zombies that have surrounded the school. TBC even has all the horror movie cast cliches: The virgin, the nerdy kid, the hot-shot jock, the bully with a heart of gold, the shy pretty girl & the Prom Queen! I would love to see the principal die a horrible death because of all the stupid things he did in Die Hard.

New Theater Features: How about the Christian Bale/Keifer Sutherland Automatic Sub-Title Option? Was I the only one who couldn't understand what Batman was saying half the time in Dark Knight? Bale even uses his gravel voice a few times in Terminator Salvation. I love 24, but whenever Keifer goes into his "whispers loudly for dramatic effect voice", I need to press the sub-title feature on my TV immediately. There should be a sub-title button on every theater seat.

Talk Show: Cobra Commander (from the 80's cartoon) would make a great host. CC has charisma & is used to being in front of a camera. I'm sure his rantings against the world's top governments would be 100x more entertaining than Leno's boring 15 minute monologues any day. Destro could be his Paul Schaffer & they could trade insults with each other throughout the show.
Mach6
City Attorney

Postby Gabriel Girard » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:59 pm

Add zombies to a John Hughes movie of your choice - Home Alone would make more sense if the robbers were zombies - those guys sure can take punishment!

In the spirit of 3D, what other gimmicks can theater owners implement for specific films? - I still think Odorama is a great idea! That or the ol' William Castle tricks.

Mac: Give a movie/TV character his or her own late night talk show - Freddy Krueger he's nasty, he's witty, he has charisma! He'll make you DIE of laughter.
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney

Postby cdouglas » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:29 pm

Add zombies to a John Hughes movie of your choice: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. At some point, Steve Martin and John Candy must defeat the zombies using shower curtain rings as weapons.

In the spirit of 3D, what other gimmicks can theater owners implement for specific films?: Drug-O-Vision. Before each screening, an appropriate drug (legal or otherwise) will be administered to the viewer to help improve the viewing experience. Imagine taking peyote before screening the latest Pixar film, Advil before the latest Michael Bay thriller, or watching a Jim Jarmusch movie on speed. Also, WeatherVision in state-of-the-art movie theatres... the theatre recreates the weather of the film you're watching. It's guaranteed to make Twister seem way more realistic.

Give a movie/TV character his or her own late night talk show: Oh, easy. Walter Sobchak. He could come on right after Glenn Beck.
cdouglas
Judge

Postby Boba Fett » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:04 pm

Gabriel Girard wrote:Mac: Give a movie/TV character his or her own late night talk show - Freddy Krueger he's nasty, he's witty, he has charisma! He'll make you DIE of laughter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgR9krQRHeA
"I assure you, whatever the others promise to do, when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there."
Boba Fett
County Attorney

Return to The Friday Filibuster