Current or vintage, broadcast, internet, cable, or satellite

5 Reasons It Sucks Being a Joss Whedon Fan

Postby Dan Mancini » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:34 am

Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor

Re: 5 Reasons It Sucks Being a Joss Whedon Fan

Postby BenShultz » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:45 am

From article:

Alien Resurrection is just as shitty. But that's not Joss's fault. According to him: "They said the lines ... mostly ... but they said them all wrong," he said, regarding his script for Alien 4: KY-Shitfest in Space, before going on to say, "They cast it wrong. And they designed it wrong. And they scored it wrong. They did everything wrong that they could possibly do." So according to Joss, putting Michael Wincott, Ron Perlman, Brad Dourif, J.E. Freeman and Sigourney Weaver in your ALIEN movie is horrible casting. And the director, who also directed City of Lost Children, might as well be Helen Keller

QFT. It wasn't until just a few months ago, when I saw it for probably the third time, that I realized what a hideous mess that movie is. I think up until that point I had been defending it as the movie it should have been.
Oh, you're paying way too much for worms, man. Who's your worm guy?
BenShultz
City Prosecutor

Postby Jon Mercer » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:08 am

BenShultz wrote:From article:

Alien Resurrection is just as shitty. But that's not Joss's fault. According to him: "They said the lines ... mostly ... but they said them all wrong," he said, regarding his script for Alien 4: KY-Shitfest in Space, before going on to say, "They cast it wrong. And they designed it wrong. And they scored it wrong. They did everything wrong that they could possibly do." So according to Joss, putting Michael Wincott, Ron Perlman, Brad Dourif, J.E. Freeman and Sigourney Weaver in your ALIEN movie is horrible casting. And the director, who also directed City of Lost Children, might as well be Helen Keller

QFT. It wasn't until just a few months ago, when I saw it for probably the third time, that I realized what a hideous mess that movie is. I think up until that point I had been defending it as the movie it should have been.

"Weyland Yutani...didn't they get bought out by Wal-Mart?"
Wigi-dig-whozit?

"You're programmed to be an a**hole? You're the new a**hole model they're putting out?"
Yeahbuhwha?!

"Ripley: There's a monster in your chest. These guys hijacked your ship, and they sold your cryo tube to this... human. And he put an alien inside of you. It's a really nasty one. And in a few hours you're gonna die. Any questions?
Purvis: Who are you?
Ripley: I'm the monster's mother."

What the f*** dude...not in my Aliens please.
Jon Mercer
County Attorney

Postby the5thghostbuster » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:10 pm

Ok, I am in the minority here, but I dig ALIEN RESSURECTION. It once again manages to be something of its own without being a blasted retread of the first film, with perhaps my favorite look to the alien universe of any of the films.

As for Whedon claiming the execution was all wrong...man, I do love his work, but he really needs to take credit for the film as much as everyone else. if the film does have a problem, it lies more with the screenplay than anything else.

EDIT: Not really the best CRACKED has done. Mostly complaining about points that either miss the point entirely about the work (Penny's death in Doctor Horrible is the key to the whole thing), or picking on points that have various, highly complex issues and debates surrounding them (the sheer amount of feminist writting on BUFFY is overwhelming, and full of debate). And yes, Whedon's fans can be, um, rude to say the least, but that is why, as with any show's ultra hard core fanbase who go over board on everything, you simpley ignore them.
the5thghostbuster
County Attorney

Postby Steve T Power » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:46 am

#1... oh man he NAILS #1.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby BrettCullum » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:05 am

LMAO!

I agree with everything... all five points really.
Joss may be a great writer, and I usually LOVE his shows... but seriously.... these are some super valid points. CRACKED is dead on!
Alex: It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen. (Clockwork Orange)
BrettCullum
Judge

Return to Television