fringe

Current or vintage, broadcast, internet, cable, or satellite

fringe

Postby molly1216 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:46 am

can someone point me to the episode
with the actual reveal about the alt peters?
i remember hints but i must have missed an episode where it was actual revealed what walter had done.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Re: Fringe

Postby Eric Profancik » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:27 am

Finale, Season 1.
Eric Profancik
Judge

Re: Fringe

Postby molly1216 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:46 am

Eric Profancik wrote:Finale, Season 1.

thanks
i watched that twice..and dont' remember that
i guess i will have to see it again
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Re: fringe

Postby Paul Kile » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:15 am

Our universe's Peter's death as a child was inferred but not spoken of, by showing Walter visiting his grave in the finale of Season 1. That caused all the pieces to fall into place, like all the times that grown-up Peter didn't remember specific situations from his childhood when Walter spoke of them. Those situations occurred with the Peter who died as a child, not with the Peter we know from the other side. They have already shown that there are many detail differences between the parallel worlds.

This all begs the question - what became of Walter's counterpart on the other side? Does he exist? Does he suspect what our side's Walter did? Or did our side's Walter kill the other Walter when he kidnapped Peter?

On another note, has anyone noticed that "Fringe" is falling into what I call the "X-Files" syndrome? Seems the writers/producers don't want to move the main plot line along very fast, so they fill in with a lot of "monster" shows that don't speak to the central canon. Some of these are enjoyable, watching Olivia and the rest of the Fringe gang solve the mysteries of exploding people or Russian cosmonaut energy projections or whatever, many others are simply duds.

In contrast, my wife and I have been catching up on "Eureka" via DVD (we are up to the middle of the second season), and NONE of those episodes have been duds. Must be because "Eureka" is a cable series. I KNEW there was a reason to avoid Network TV!
Cheers,
Paul Kile
My collection: http://www.dvdspot.com/member=PaulKile
Paul Kile
City Attorney

Postby molly1216 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:47 pm

Paul Kile wrote:Our universe's Peter's death as a child was inferred but not spoken of, by showing Walter visiting his grave in the finale of Season 1. That caused all the pieces to fall into place, like all the times that grown-up Peter didn't remember specific situations from his childhood when Walter spoke of them. Those situations occurred with the Peter who died as a child, not with the Peter we know from the other side. They have already shown that there are many detail differences between the parallel worlds.

so basically HAVE they said outloud exactly what walter did? or is everyone just infering something from all these hints?
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby Observer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:49 pm

molly1216 wrote:
Paul Kile wrote:Our universe's Peter's death as a child was inferred but not spoken of, by showing Walter visiting his grave in the finale of Season 1. That caused all the pieces to fall into place, like all the times that grown-up Peter didn't remember specific situations from his childhood when Walter spoke of them. Those situations occurred with the Peter who died as a child, not with the Peter we know from the other side. They have already shown that there are many detail differences between the parallel worlds.

so basically HAVE they said outloud exactly what walter did? or is everyone just infering something from all these hints?

They haven't said EXACTLY what Walter did. But they have shown Peter's grave, and Peter has had dreams involving Walter taking him away. I feel like there have been other things said too, but I don't remember them right now.
"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about." The Hudsucker Proxy (1994)
Observer
Paralegal

Return to Television