What do you want on Blu-Ray!

The wonderful world of high-def

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Steve T Power » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:44 pm

Image

It's been out a while

I've heard the disc is actually quite nice in the audio/visual department. It's an alliance/Atlantis release (like Outlander), so it may not have hit BR south of the 49th as of yet, but i can buy it locally for 15 bones.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
User avatar
Steve T Power
Judge
 
Posts: 5351
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, CA

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby mkiker2089 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:36 pm

Any plans on Ishtar?
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
User avatar
mkiker2089
County Attorney
 
Posts: 1372
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:45 am
Location: Utopia

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby cdouglas » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:39 pm

I was very happy to see that AMC is planning to release the first two seasons of Breaking Bad on Blu-ray in March. Can't wait to revisit those episodes in hi-def.
cdouglas
Judge
 
Posts: 957
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 10:49 am

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Jon Mercer » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:26 am

Perhaps I'm deranged, but seeing as we're in the sunset years for DVDs, can I ask that we see a release of Renegades (the early 80s street gang working for the cops TV show) on Blu? n And while they're at it, I missed Crime Story the first time out.
User avatar
Jon Mercer
County Attorney
 
Posts: 1203
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:41 am
Location: St. John's, NL

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Mitchell Hattaway » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:14 am

Somebody tell Steve Collateral was just announced for March 30th.
User avatar
Mitchell Hattaway
Judge (Retired)
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:40 pm
Location: Griffin, GA

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Steve T Power » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:08 pm

Image

Awesome!
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
User avatar
Steve T Power
Judge
 
Posts: 5351
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, CA

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Future Man » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:39 pm

Lately I've been amazed when perusing B&M aisles to see how many catalogue titles have been quietly released on Blu, although they are rarely ones I want.
Future Man
County Attorney
 
Posts: 1884
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 9:05 pm

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby mkiker2089 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:17 pm

Sony Pulse gives a list of new releases but not all I think. Revision3 HDnation gives a list of all every week and it is amazing to see the back titles showing up every week. It's two to eight most weeks but EVERY WEEK. Something to keep an eye on.
-Marshall-
Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
User avatar
mkiker2089
County Attorney
 
Posts: 1372
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:45 am
Location: Utopia

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby J.M. Vargas » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:15 am

chetlime wrote:TOMBSTONE
Done: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4106
Confirming previous rumors (see blu-ray.com, January 14), an early announcement to retailers indicates that, on April 27, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment will release the Michael Bay scifi/action movie Armageddon and the western Tombstone on Blu-ray. No information on audio/video specifications or special features is available at this time.


Dark Knight wrote:The Killer
Done: http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/Blu~Ray/Killer-(John-Woo)-(Blu~Ray).html
March 30th

Includes extended International Edition that has never been seen in the US!!!!
Ultimate Edition Loaded with Extensive, Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Bonus Features, Limited Edition O-Sleeve Packaging All-new features to include interview with legendary director John Woo Digitally remastered picture and audio for film’s best viewing experience ever

* Blu-Ray
* Widescreen
* Chinese with English Subtitles
* Extended International Edition
* Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Bonus Features
* John Woo Interview


Happy now? ;-)
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
User avatar
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor
 
Posts: 3122
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:23 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby the5thghostbuster » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:21 am

J.M. Vargas wrote:
chetlime wrote:TOMBSTONE
Done: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4106
Confirming previous rumors (see blu-ray.com, January 14), an early announcement to retailers indicates that, on April 27, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment will release the Michael Bay scifi/action movie Armageddon and the western Tombstone on Blu-ray. No information on audio/video specifications or special features is available at this time.


Dark Knight wrote:The Killer
Done: http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/Blu~Ray/Killer-(John-Woo)-(Blu~Ray).html
March 30th

Includes extended International Edition that has never been seen in the US!!!!
Ultimate Edition Loaded with Extensive, Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Bonus Features, Limited Edition O-Sleeve Packaging All-new features to include interview with legendary director John Woo Digitally remastered picture and audio for film’s best viewing experience ever

* Blu-Ray
* Widescreen
* Chinese with English Subtitles
* Extended International Edition
* Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Bonus Features
* John Woo Interview


Happy now? ;-)



The Killer...on Blu-Ray....yes, yes I am happy! Now, where are A Better Tomorrow 1 and 2?
User avatar
the5thghostbuster
County Attorney
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:17 pm
Location: The Great Country of the North

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Steve T Power » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:15 am

the5thghostbuster wrote:
J.M. Vargas wrote:
chetlime wrote:TOMBSTONE
Done: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4106
Confirming previous rumors (see blu-ray.com, January 14), an early announcement to retailers indicates that, on April 27, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment will release the Michael Bay scifi/action movie Armageddon and the western Tombstone on Blu-ray. No information on audio/video specifications or special features is available at this time.


Dark Knight wrote:The Killer
Done: http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/Blu~Ray/Killer-(John-Woo)-(Blu~Ray).html
March 30th

Includes extended International Edition that has never been seen in the US!!!!
Ultimate Edition Loaded with Extensive, Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Bonus Features, Limited Edition O-Sleeve Packaging All-new features to include interview with legendary director John Woo Digitally remastered picture and audio for film’s best viewing experience ever

* Blu-Ray
* Widescreen
* Chinese with English Subtitles
* Extended International Edition
* Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Bonus Features
* John Woo Interview


Happy now? ;-)



The Killer...on Blu-Ray....yes, yes I am happy! Now, where are A Better Tomorrow 1 and 2?


screw that - i'd rather see Hard Boiled and Woo's original cut of Hard Target.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
User avatar
Steve T Power
Judge
 
Posts: 5351
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, CA

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby the5thghostbuster » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:12 pm

Steve T Power wrote:
the5thghostbuster wrote:
J.M. Vargas wrote:
chetlime wrote:TOMBSTONE
Done: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4106
Confirming previous rumors (see blu-ray.com, January 14), an early announcement to retailers indicates that, on April 27, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment will release the Michael Bay scifi/action movie Armageddon and the western Tombstone on Blu-ray. No information on audio/video specifications or special features is available at this time.


Dark Knight wrote:The Killer
Done: http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/Blu~Ray/Killer-(John-Woo)-(Blu~Ray).html
March 30th

Includes extended International Edition that has never been seen in the US!!!!
Ultimate Edition Loaded with Extensive, Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Bonus Features, Limited Edition O-Sleeve Packaging All-new features to include interview with legendary director John Woo Digitally remastered picture and audio for film’s best viewing experience ever

* Blu-Ray
* Widescreen
* Chinese with English Subtitles
* Extended International Edition
* Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Bonus Features
* John Woo Interview


Happy now? ;-)



The Killer...on Blu-Ray....yes, yes I am happy! Now, where are A Better Tomorrow 1 and 2?


screw that - i'd rather see Hard Boiled and Woo's original cut of Hard Target.


Hard Target, hell yeah! But the DVD of Hard Boiled satisfies me for now.
User avatar
the5thghostbuster
County Attorney
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:17 pm
Location: The Great Country of the North

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby J.M. Vargas » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:36 pm

^^^ Same here, Don't get me wrong, I'd jump at a BD upgrade of "Hard Boiled" like a stuntman on a John Woo movie with a trampolin in front of him/her. But my non-anamorphic Criterion DVD will do until things are worked out. The weekend I saw "Hard Boiled" for the first time (a few months back) I watched about five other movies on BD and/or high-def cable and "HB" still came on top as the best movie I saw that weekend despite not looking as good and being on a decade-old DVD. When a movie is really good it could be upside down in B&W with Swedish subtitles, but if it's damn good I'll watch it. That's "Hard Boiled" on DVD for me right now... until the BD upgrade, then the "HB" DVD becomes a magnificent and shiny beverage coaster for guests. ;-)
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
User avatar
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor
 
Posts: 3122
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:23 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Steve T Power » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:22 am

J.M. Vargas wrote:^^^ Same here, Don't get me wrong, I'd jump at a BD upgrade of "Hard Boiled" like a stuntman on a John Woo movie with a trampolin in front of him/her. But my non-anamorphic Criterion DVD will do until things are worked out. The weekend I saw "Hard Boiled" for the first time (a few months back) I watched about five other movies on BD and/or high-def cable and "HB" still came on top as the best movie I saw that weekend despite not looking as good and being on a decade-old DVD. When a movie is really good it could be upside down in B&W with Swedish subtitles, but if it's damn good I'll watch it. That's "Hard Boiled" on DVD for me right now... until the BD upgrade, then the "HB" DVD becomes a magnificent and shiny beverage coaster for guests. ;-)


You know about the remastered Dragon Dynasty Hard Boiled right?

Anamorphic widescreen image that smokes the old Criterion and Fox Lorber editions. (both of which i have owned at some point).
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
User avatar
Steve T Power
Judge
 
Posts: 5351
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, CA

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby J.M. Vargas » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:25 pm

Steve T Power wrote:- Collateral


DONE (March 30th): http://www.thehdroom.com/blu-ray-discdetail.php?id=5519

Check out the cover though: Image :shock:

Also coming soon (June 1st) starring Cruise, Spielberg's War of the Worlds: http://www.thehdroom.com/blu-ray-discdetail.php?id=5582. Guard your subwoofers! 8)
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
User avatar
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor
 
Posts: 3122
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:23 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Steve T Power » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:22 am

Yeah, that cover is pretty terrible.
But it's one of my favorite flicks - so i'm there.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
User avatar
Steve T Power
Judge
 
Posts: 5351
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, CA

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Dan Mancini » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:59 am

Steve T Power wrote:Yeah, that cover is pretty terrible.

Tom Cruise IS William Petersen!
User avatar
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor
 
Posts: 4055
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:17 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Steve T Power » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:27 am

Dan Mancini wrote:
Steve T Power wrote:Yeah, that cover is pretty terrible.

Tom Cruise IS William Petersen!


And his crotch is a pure adrenaline rush!

Wait... didn't we use that before somewhere?
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
User avatar
Steve T Power
Judge
 
Posts: 5351
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, CA

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Mitchell Hattaway » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:33 am

Steve T Power wrote:
Dan Mancini wrote:
Steve T Power wrote:Yeah, that cover is pretty terrible.

Tom Cruise IS William Petersen!


And his crotch is a pure adrenaline rush!

Wait... didn't we use that before somewhere?

Didn't you say that's what Mercer wanted on his wedding invitations?
User avatar
Mitchell Hattaway
Judge (Retired)
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:40 pm
Location: Griffin, GA

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Jon Mercer » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:50 am

Mitchell Hattaway wrote:
Steve T Power wrote:
Dan Mancini wrote:
Steve T Power wrote:Yeah, that cover is pretty terrible.

Tom Cruise IS William Petersen!


And his crotch is a pure adrenaline rush!

Wait... didn't we use that before somewhere?

Didn't you say that's what Mercer wanted on his wedding invitations?

Nah, I wanted "100% Pure Adrenaline".
User avatar
Jon Mercer
County Attorney
 
Posts: 1203
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:41 am
Location: St. John's, NL

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby TuK » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:19 am

Gabriel Girard wrote:Barry Lyndon

Seriously, where the hell is this? I hope it's not out only because they are making an excellent and time consuming restoration.
[Rob] Schneider was nominated for a 2000 Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actor, but lost to Jar-Jar Binks. -Roger Ebert
User avatar
TuK
Paralegal
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 1:40 am
Location: Artjärvi, Finland

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby J.M. Vargas » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:27 pm

'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
User avatar
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor
 
Posts: 3122
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:23 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby LarryLockyer » Mon May 03, 2010 12:09 pm

jurassic park would be wicked
LarryLockyer
Paralegal
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: Mount Pearl, Newfoundland, Canada

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby cdouglas » Tue May 04, 2010 12:10 pm

LarryLockyer wrote:jurassic park would be wicked


Pretty sure this is happening late in the year, along with The Lost World.
cdouglas
Judge
 
Posts: 957
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 10:49 am

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby mavrach » Wed May 05, 2010 9:37 pm

The Abyss
+1. this is very interesting.
User avatar
mavrach
County Attorney
 
Posts: 1728
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:41 am
Location: North Jersey, at the end of a one-way dead-end road.

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Steve T Power » Thu May 06, 2010 4:20 am

mavrach wrote:The Abyss


Pretty Please!!! And don't pull that Independence Day bullshit and strip out the extras and director's cut either.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
User avatar
Steve T Power
Judge
 
Posts: 5351
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, CA

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby stypee » Fri May 07, 2010 2:17 pm

I want the hit sci-fi, TRON, rip-off t.v. show of AutoMan!!!
It's not as though I really need you, if you were here I'd only bleed you..
-jonathen michael stipe


Image
User avatar
stypee
City Prosecutor
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2003 7:54 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby mavrach » Fri May 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Steve T Power wrote:
mavrach wrote:The Abyss


Pretty Please!!! And don't pull that Independence Day bullshit and strip out the extras and director's cut either.


We watched that the other day. I realized that the only version I have is the original non-animorphic disc. This will not stand of course, so I went to look for a double-dip. Now I see a perfectly good special edition release that's out there. But I'm reluctant to do so because, knowing my luck, as soon as I do that I'll hear of a Blu-Ray release.
+1. this is very interesting.
User avatar
mavrach
County Attorney
 
Posts: 1728
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:41 am
Location: North Jersey, at the end of a one-way dead-end road.

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Gabriel Girard » Fri May 07, 2010 10:01 pm

Vertigo amongst other Hitchcock films.
User avatar
Gabriel Girard
County Attorney
 
Posts: 2270
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:42 pm
Location: Montréal, Québec

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Steve T Power » Sat May 08, 2010 6:16 am

mavrach wrote:
Steve T Power wrote:
mavrach wrote:The Abyss


Pretty Please!!! And don't pull that Independence Day bullshit and strip out the extras and director's cut either.


We watched that the other day. I realized that the only version I have is the original non-animorphic disc. This will not stand of course, so I went to look for a double-dip. Now I see a perfectly good special edition release that's out there. But I'm reluctant to do so because, knowing my luck, as soon as I do that I'll hear of a Blu-Ray release.


Don't bother - every version has the same non-anamorphic transfer. The disc hasn't been updated, at all. The two disc set has a nice documentary on it though.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
User avatar
Steve T Power
Judge
 
Posts: 5351
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, CA

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby mavrach » Sat May 08, 2010 9:48 pm

Steve T Power wrote:
Don't bother - every version has the same non-anamorphic transfer. The disc hasn't been updated, at all. The two disc set has a nice documentary on it though.


Thanks for the heads up, I would have walked into that.
+1. this is very interesting.
User avatar
mavrach
County Attorney
 
Posts: 1728
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:41 am
Location: North Jersey, at the end of a one-way dead-end road.

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Steve T Power » Sun May 09, 2010 10:10 am

mavrach wrote:
Steve T Power wrote:
Don't bother - every version has the same non-anamorphic transfer. The disc hasn't been updated, at all. The two disc set has a nice documentary on it though.


Thanks for the heads up, I would have walked into that.


I did... twice!
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
User avatar
Steve T Power
Judge
 
Posts: 5351
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, CA

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby HGervais » Sun May 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Steve T Power wrote:
mavrach wrote:
Steve T Power wrote:
Don't bother - every version has the same non-anamorphic transfer. The disc hasn't been updated, at all. The two disc set has a nice documentary on it though.


Thanks for the heads up, I would have walked into that.


I did... twice!

I would also vote if I had a choice for a brand spanking new hi-def transfer of The Abyss. That disc was top of the line non-anamorphic 12 years ago but alas, that was 12 years ago. True Lies would be nice as well.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
User avatar
HGervais
Judge
 
Posts: 4725
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:14 am
Location: Greater New Orleans

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby J.M. Vargas » Mon May 10, 2010 10:53 am

Coming September 7th: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/300493/whv-press-release-forbidden-planet-blu-ray

· FORBIDDEN PLANET
· MARS ATTACKS!
· THX 1138 DIRECTOR’S CUT
· LOST IN SPACE
· A SCANNER DARKLY
· MATRIX RELOADED


Only "THX 1138" is listed as having bonus features though (read press release in link above) so these might or might not have any bonus features included. A shame if true, especially "Forbidden Planet" which had a features-packed HD-DVD (which I own! 8)) and DVD version just a few years ago.
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
User avatar
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor
 
Posts: 3122
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:23 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby J.M. Vargas » Mon May 10, 2010 6:00 pm

hoytereden wrote:Any Hitchcock film.

Will PSYCHO do? Comes out October 7th: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/see-alfred-hitchcocks-masterpiece-debuting-on-blu-raytm-hi-def-and-featuring-51-surround-sound-for-the-first-time-ever-93259844.html
Psycho 50th Anniversary Edition on Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV with perfect picture and the purest digital sound available and contains extensive bonus features including:

* Psycho Sound: A never-before-seen piece that looks at the re-mastering process required to create a 5.1 mix from the original mono elements using Audionamix technology.
* The Making of Psycho: A feature-length documentary on Hitchcock's most shocking film.
* In the Master's Shadow – Hitchcock's Legacy: Some of Hollywood's top filmmakers discuss Hitchcock's influence and why his movies continue to thrill audiences.
* Hitchcock/Truffaut Interviews: Excerpts from a 1962 audio interview with Alfred Hitchcock.
* Audio Commentary: Feature-length audio commentary with Stephen Rebello (Author of "Alfred Hitchcock and the making of Psycho")
* Newsreel Footage: The Release of Psycho: Vintage newsreel on the unique policy Alfred Hitchcock insisted upon for the release of the film.
* The Shower Scene: A look at the impact of music on the infamous "shower scene."
* The Shower Scene: Storyboards by Saul Bass: Original storyboard design.
* Production Notes: Read an essay on the making of the film.
* The Psycho Archives: See the gallery of on-set photo stills from the film's production.
* Posters And Psycho Ads: See a gallery of original posters and ads from the theatrical campaign.
* Lobby Cards: View a gallery of promotional lobby cards from the film's theatrical campaign.
* Behind-The-Scenes Photographs: View rare photos showing the cast and crew at work.
* Theatrical Trailer: Watch the original promotional trailer from the film's theatrical campaign.
* Re-Release Trailers: Watch the promotional trailer created for the re-release of the film.
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
User avatar
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor
 
Posts: 3122
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:23 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby hoytereden » Wed May 12, 2010 11:03 am

^^^^^^^That'll work! :D
"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"-Stan Laurel
Moe-"Were you scared?" Larry-"No, just apprehensive." Moe-"Apprehensive, that's a pretty big word.What's it mean?" Larry-"That's scared with a college education!"
User avatar
hoytereden
County Attorney
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:24 pm
Location: The Big Island of Hawaii

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Dunnyman » Fri May 14, 2010 11:57 am

Yes, some more Hitch would be fine, but will we ever get the extended editions of LOTR?
"I ain't a boy, no I'm a man, and I believe in the Promised Land"
-Coming to the USA on January 20, 2009!
User avatar
Dunnyman
County Attorney
 
Posts: 1777
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:37 am
Location: Seattle

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Dan Mancini » Fri May 14, 2010 12:19 pm

Dunnyman wrote:Yes, some more Hitch would be fine, but will we ever get the extended editions of LOTR?

Just in time for the theatrical release of The Hobbit, I'm sure.
User avatar
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor
 
Posts: 4055
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:17 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby J.M. Vargas » Mon May 17, 2010 11:48 am

SEPTEMBER 14th: (same special features as the DVD New Line Platinum edition)

Image
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
User avatar
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor
 
Posts: 3122
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:23 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Dimwitted » Fri May 21, 2010 10:33 pm

I'm rather surprised that The Incredibles isn't out on BR yet.
Dimwitted
City Prosecutor
 
Posts: 840
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:51 pm

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby J.M. Vargas » Thu May 27, 2010 7:10 pm

Dan Mancini wrote:Escape from New York
DONE: http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/MGMUA/Disc_Announcements/Escape_from_New_York_Announced_for_Blu-ray/4798.
Image

Comes out AUGUST 3rd along with "Kalifornication, "Blood Simple" and "Bull Durham" (all MGM titles).
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
User avatar
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor
 
Posts: 3122
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:23 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby HGervais » Thu May 27, 2010 11:09 pm

I still don't see the point in a Blu-ray/DVD release but as long it isn't a one disc set with two sides I'm okay. Dual disks just piss me off.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
User avatar
HGervais
Judge
 
Posts: 4725
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:14 am
Location: Greater New Orleans

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Dan Mancini » Fri May 28, 2010 4:51 am

J.M. Vargas wrote:
Dan Mancini wrote:Escape from New York
DONE: http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/MGMUA/Disc_Announcements/Escape_from_New_York_Announced_for_Blu-ray/4798.
Image

Comes out AUGUST 3rd along with "Kalifornication, "Blood Simple" and "Bull Durham" (all MGM titles).

My life will be complete.
User avatar
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor
 
Posts: 4055
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:17 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Andrew Forbes » Fri May 28, 2010 9:14 am

HGervais wrote:I still don't see the point in a Blu-ray/DVD release but as long it isn't a one disc set with two sides I'm okay. Dual disks just piss me off.

How about for people who will probably upgrade in the future, but can't afford to do so for some time and don't want to pay full price for two releases? I know it's tough to understand when you have enough disposable income to buy every new release and all the high-end home theater tech you want, but some of us aren't so fortunate.

And flippers were always the crappiest things ever. Why would anyone want to bring those back?
Formerly chamucamel
User avatar
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor
 
Posts: 2615
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:43 am
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Dan Mancini » Fri May 28, 2010 9:38 am

Andrew Forbes wrote:
HGervais wrote:I still don't see the point in a Blu-ray/DVD release but as long it isn't a one disc set with two sides I'm okay. Dual disks just piss me off.

How about for people who will probably upgrade in the future, but can't afford to do so for some time and don't want to pay full price for two releases? I know it's tough to understand when you have enough disposable income to buy every new release and all the high-end home theater tech you want, but some of us aren't so fortunate.

And flippers were always the crappiest things ever. Why would anyone want to bring those back?

Also, it's darned convenient when your preschoolers want to watch Escape from New York while riding in the minivan.
User avatar
Dan Mancini
Chief Prosecutor
 
Posts: 4055
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:17 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby HGervais » Fri May 28, 2010 10:23 am

I suppose it bugs me, especially on catalouge titles such as Escape From New York, where I am upgrading a disc I have already purchased on DVD at least once, if not twice, to be forced to buy the standard DVD yet again. Is the combo version more expensive than a blu-ray only edition would because there is another factor to be considered. Now that aspect of it I can sort of live with but if the release is 1 disc with blu-ray on one side and standard DVD the other, I simply won't buy it. Dual discs have such a crappy track record that I won't spend money on them.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
User avatar
HGervais
Judge
 
Posts: 4725
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:14 am
Location: Greater New Orleans

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Andrew Forbes » Fri May 28, 2010 10:28 am

Dan Mancini wrote:Also, it's darned convenient when your preschoolers want to watch Escape from New York while riding in the minivan.

I hear ya. Sometimes toddlers just need some Adrienne Barboobage.
Formerly chamucamel
User avatar
Andrew Forbes
County Prosecutor
 
Posts: 2615
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:43 am
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Mitchell Hattaway » Fri May 28, 2010 6:55 pm

It's an MGM release, meaning you'll get the exact same DVD that was released before and a movie-only Blu-ray in the same package.
User avatar
Mitchell Hattaway
Judge (Retired)
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:40 pm
Location: Griffin, GA

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Dimwitted » Sat May 29, 2010 7:09 pm

I saw on the FutureShop site a funky triple feature QT set of Kill Bill's 1&2 w/Dusk to Dawn. Pretty nifty if I knew what it was. Are these 3 discs? Basically the BR's in one box or are they all on a disc? That would suck.

Anyone know? For $39 it might be worthwhile. FS has a few of these at different price points.
Dimwitted
City Prosecutor
 
Posts: 840
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:51 pm

Re: What do you want on Blu-Ray!

Postby Steve T Power » Sun May 30, 2010 10:13 am

Dimwitted wrote:I saw on the FutureShop site a funky triple feature QT set of Kill Bill's 1&2 w/Dusk to Dawn. Pretty nifty if I knew what it was. Are these 3 discs? Basically the BR's in one box or are they all on a disc? That would suck.

Anyone know? For $39 it might be worthwhile. FS has a few of these at different price points.


It's a slipcase with all three individual cases. Wal mart stocks it as well, my local had it for 34.83. Along with a few other Alliance bundles that were pretty sweet.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
User avatar
Steve T Power
Judge
 
Posts: 5351
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, CA

PreviousNext

Return to Blu-ray

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

cron