All in the Family Season 7

Current or vintage, broadcast, internet, cable, or satellite

All in the Family Season 7

Postby tucco » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:11 pm

I did my occasional check on amazon.com, and to my utter shock - Season 7 is going to be released on October 5.
This has All in the Family fans elated since season 6 was released THREE AND A HALF YEARS AGO!.
A show that always took more time between seasons than any other besides Maude seemed to be in the closet forever....
Shout! has picked up the ball that Sony has dropped.....so here's to hoping that seasons 8 and 9 will follow quickly!
I'd known about the bundle set that included all nine seasons but wasn't willing to purchase six seasons I already own just to get the last three.
Thank you Shout! for getting the last three seasons of perhaps the most influential and beloved sitcom of all time out there.

As for Archie Bunker's Place, they can keep their trimmed for commercials versions that appeared on the season one set....if they plan on releasing the second and third seasons that way.
I already have the UNcut versions DVR'd anyhow.
"See no evil, Speak no evil, Hear no evil, have no Fun"
tucco
County Attorney

Re: All in the Family Season 7

Postby Dave Ryan » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:52 am

Hate to break it to you.... but Shout! is Sony.

Edit: I probably should elaborate here. Shout! is distributed by Sony, and I think Sony owns a % of the company.
"Your average Russki doesn't take a dump without a plan, son."
Dave Ryan
Judge

Re: All in the Family Season 7

Postby tucco » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:44 pm

That's okay...what counts is that they finally are releasing these things again.
Almost four years between season 6 and 7 is incredibly long.
Even if, as I understand it, the sixth season didn't sell that well.......that can't be the only reason since there is a fan base know matter how you look at it.

Other Norman Lear shows have been completely released, like YEARS ago....so this one makes me wonder...
"See no evil, Speak no evil, Hear no evil, have no Fun"
tucco
County Attorney

Return to Television