PS3 Update Question

The wonderful world of high-def

PS3 Update Question

Postby HGervais » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:13 am

So I don't have my PS3 hooked up on a wireless basis but I need to update the machine in order to play a new disc. Is it difficult to unhook my PS3 from the system downstairs and hook it up to my computer directly in order to complete the update? If this is easy or possible, could someone walk me through in the most basic possible terms? Thanks.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Re: PS3 Update Question

Postby Mitchell Hattaway » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:35 pm

You can always download the update to a jump drive and install it. Just go here and it'll walk you through: http://us.playstation.com/Support/SystemUpdates/PS3
Mitchell Hattaway
Judge (Retired)

Postby hoytereden » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:37 pm

Another reason to love the PS3: Firmware upgrades are a breeze and my elderly 60GB model can do most everything that any current player can.
"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"-Stan Laurel
Moe-"Were you scared?" Larry-"No, just apprehensive." Moe-"Apprehensive, that's a pretty big word.What's it mean?" Larry-"That's scared with a college education!"
hoytereden
County Attorney

Postby HGervais » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Took me a little while but /i figured out what I was doing wrong. PS3 all fixed now. Plus I finally went out and ordered that wireless N router I needed anyway.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Return to Blu-ray