An idea

Join Judge Clark Douglas as he explores the musical side of film courtesy of the world's finest composers.

An idea

Postby Steve T Power » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:13 am

Hey Clark,

Have you ever entertained the idea of doing a show themed around the "Golden age of Media Ventures/Remote control Productions".

All of those early to mid 90's blockbusters that had rousing adventure scores from the Zimmer school of intensity - Stuff like The Rock, Armageddon, Gone in 60 Seconds, Twister, Con air, Crimson Tide, and White Squall. There's a ton of gold spread about in that decade that all came from Media Ventures...
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Re: An idea

Postby cdouglas » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:25 pm

I would be up for that, though my feelings about what Media Ventures/Remote Control has done to film music might inspire of bitter remarks along that way (I love some of the scores you mention and loathe some of the others). Still, a lot of fun film music anthems from that era. I'll do it.
cdouglas
Judge

Re: An idea

Postby Steve T Power » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:06 pm

cdouglas wrote:I would be up for that, though my feelings about what Media Ventures/Remote Control has done to film music might inspire of bitter remarks along that way (I love some of the scores you mention and loathe some of the others). Still, a lot of fun film music anthems from that era. I'll do it.

Oh so many of them were phone ins of the highest order, but damn if some of them didn't get the blood pumping! (Rockets Away from The Rock was amazing.)
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Return to The Sounds and Sights of Cinema