Great News for Doctor Who fans

Postby the5thghostbuster » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:38 pm

The TV Movie is FINALLY coming to North America:

http://gallifreynewsbase.blogspot.com/
the5thghostbuster
County Attorney

Re: Great News for Doctor Who fans

Postby HGervais » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:09 pm

And I would guess it would be the newer, more feature laden version due to hit R2 next month. As a side note, I'm loving the audio dramas featuring the McGann Doctor.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby Steve T Power » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:41 am

I always had a soft spot for this one, probably because of Sylvester McCoy, who was the Doctor i first really watched.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby the5thghostbuster » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:34 am

HGervais wrote:And I would guess it would be the newer, more feature laden version due to hit R2 next month. As a side note, I'm loving the audio dramas featuring the McGann Doctor.

Seems to be. Which means the McGann and McCoy commentary track is a go!
the5thghostbuster
County Attorney

Postby mavrach » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:01 am

I haven't seen this but isn't this supposed to be terrible?

I mean I'm going to check it out anyway...
+1. this is very interesting.
mavrach
County Attorney

Location: North Jersey, at the end of a one-way dead-end road.

Postby HGervais » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:50 am

mavrach wrote:I haven't seen this but isn't this supposed to be terrible?

It's got one or two moments but yeah, really not very good. The best thing this pilot gave us are all those great audio adventures with the 8th Doctor.
"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby the5thghostbuster » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:53 pm

HGervais wrote:
mavrach wrote:I haven't seen this but isn't this supposed to be terrible?

It's got one or two moments but yeah, really not very good. The best thing this pilot gave us are all those great audio adventures with the 8th Doctor.

Great or not, it be a piece of the show's history, and one many would love to have. Plus, it isn't that bad.
the5thghostbuster
County Attorney

Postby HGervais » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:53 pm

Here are the specs for the region 2 reissue discs that are being referred to in the UK as The Revisitations Box Set V.I...I think the Troughton "Tomb of the Cybermen[/b] is up for a second go and should be part of the volume II.
Anyway, here is what is being bundled together in the UK that the states will get as seperate releases:

Revisitations Box 1 DVD Artwork
News Dated: 27/8/2010

2|Entertain have sent DWO the DVD box art for the Revisitations Box 1, as well as the exclusive reveal of the cover for The Talons of Weng-Chiang, which, together with The Caves of Androzani and Doctor Who: The Movie, completes the set.

The Talons of Weng-Chiang - Special Edition
Contains 3 discs
Special Features:
* The Last Hurrah - Producer, Philip Hinchcliffe pays a visit on Tom Baker at his home where the two reflect on this, their final story together, with contributions from Louise Jameson (Leela), Trevor Baxter (Professor Litefoot), Christopher Benjamin (Henry Jago), director David Maloney, designer Roger Murray-Leach and costume designer John Bloomfield.
• Moving On - Philip Hinchcliffe recalls what he would have done the following season, had he remained as producer.
• The Foe from the Future - Philip Hinchcliffe is joined by writer Robert Banks Stewart to look at the original story that eventually became The Talons of Weng-Chiang.
• Now and Then - A tour of the locations used during the filming of the serial and comparing how they looked at the time and how they appear now.
• Look East - An excerpt from a local news programme in which Tom Baker was interviewed.
• Limehouse - A Victorian Chinatown; Victoriana and Chinoiserie.
• Photo Gallery.
• Radio Times Listings.

The Caves of Androzani - Special Edition
Contains 2 discs
Special Features:
• Chain Reaction - Cast and Crew look back at the making of the story, with contributions from Peter Davison, Nicola Bryant, Maurice Roeves, Robert Glennister, Martin Cochrane, director Graeme Harper, script editor Eric Saward, production designer John Hurst and composer Roger Limb.
• Directing Who: Then and Now - Graeme Harper talks about the difference in TV production techniques since the 1980's.
• Russell Harty Show - Archive footage featuring an interview with outgoing Doctor, Peter Davison and his successor, Colin Baker.
• Photo Gallery.

Doctor Who: The Movie - Special Edition
Contains 2 discs
Special Features:
• Commentary - Featuring Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann.
• Commentary - Original 2001 commentary by director, Geoffrey Sax.
• The Seven Year Hitch - An in-depth documentary that tracks producer Philip Segal's seven-year quest to return Doctor who to television, including contributions from Philip Segal and writer Matthew Jacobs; Paul McGann's audition for the part of The Doctor; footage of two visual effects test shots, including a clip of the now infamous 'Spider Dalek'.
• The Wilderness Years - A feature which chronicles how Doctor Who was kept alive between the end of the original run of the series and the TV Movie.
• Who Peter - 1989-2009 - A look at the special relationship between Doctor Who and the long-running children's magazine show Blue Peter.
• Stripped for Action: The Eighth Doctor - The final part of the series that looks at the Doctor's comic-strip adventures, including his appearances in DWM.
• Tomorrow's Times: The Eighth Doctor - A look at the contemporary newspaper coverage of the TV Movie.

The Revisitations Box 1 is released on 4th October 2010, priced £39.99.
HGervais
Judge

Return to DVD