Stranger On The 3rd Floor (DVD, Remastered) Price: $24.95

Falcon Crest: The Complete Second Season (6 DVD Set) Price: $49.95

Our Modern Maidens Price: $19.95

WAC Double Features: Big Hearted Herbert/Merry Frinks Price: $19.95

WAC Double Features: Merry Wives of Reno /Smarty Price: $19.95

Violence (1947) (DVD, Remastered) Price: $24.95

Magician, The (1926) Price: $19.95

Prisoner Of Zenda, The (1922) Price: $19.95
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Re: more titles from WB Archive

Postby Steve T Power » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:36 pm

Prisoner of Zenda! woo!
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states:"Don't start none... won't be none...".
Steve T Power
Judge

Postby hoytereden » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:30 pm

Not on the list but I just ordered a double feature from them I never thought I'd see on disc:
Hell's Heros/Three Godfathers :D :D :D

Now if I could just get the Hildegarde Withers series. :(
"You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead"-Stan Laurel
Moe-"Were you scared?" Larry-"No, just apprehensive." Moe-"Apprehensive, that's a pretty big word.What's it mean?" Larry-"That's scared with a college education!"
hoytereden
County Attorney

Postby molly1216 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:25 am

BTW the TWO title releases from WB archives are NOT on the same disc
there are TWO discs in the case.
well at least there is in the Illicit/Girl Missing case.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby hoytereden » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:11 pm

molly1216 wrote:BTW the TWO title releases from WB archives are NOT on the same disc
there are TWO discs in the case.
well at least there is in the Illicit/Girl Missing case.

I believe the one I ordered is also a 2 disc set.
Moe-"Were you scared?" Larry-"No, just apprehensive." Moe-"Apprehensive, that's a pretty big word.What's it mean?" Larry-"That's scared with a college education!"
hoytereden
County Attorney

Postby HGervais » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:34 pm

"The most dementing of all modern sins: the inability to distinquish excellence from success."-David Hare
HGervais
Judge

Postby molly1216 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:59 am

http://www.wbshop.com/Warner-Archive/AR ... ID=3489296

The Cyclops (Warner Archive) (1957)
Starring: James Craig, Gloria Talbott, Lon Chaney Jr., Tom Drake, Duncan 'Dean' Parkin
Director: Bert I. Gordon
Synopsis: Lovely Susan Winter organizes an expedition deep into the wilds of Mexico. She hopes to find her aviator fiancé, lost after his plane crashed. Instead she and her…

The Disembodied (Warner Archive) (1957)
Starring: Paul Burke, Allison Hayes, John Wengraf, Joel Marston, Robert Christopher
Director: Walter Grauman
Synopsis: Before she was the title character in Attack of the 50 Ft. Woman, voluptuous Allison Hayes was a whole lotta female in this horror thriller set in the steamy African…

He Who Gets Slapped (Warner Archive) (1924)
Starring: Lon Chaney, Norma Shearer, John Gilbert, Ruth King, Marc McDermott
Director: Victor Sjostrom
Synopsis: Slap him once, slap him 100 times – the Big Top crowd roars. The clown known to delighted throngs as he has made a comedic art of getting batted around. Life has…

The Hypnotic Eye (Warner Archive) (1960)
Starring: Jacques Bergerac, Allison Hayes, Marcia Henderson, Merry Anders, Joe Patridge
Director: George Blair
Synopsis: A sulfuric acid facial. A lye cocktail. A close encounter with whirring fan blades. A flammable shampoo and a lit gas burner. Something is driving beautiful women…

Macabre (Warner Archive) (1958)
Starring: William Prince, Jim Backus, Christine White, Jacqueline Scott, Susan Morrow
Director: William Castle
Synopsis: Why is Dr. Rodney Barrett shoveling dirt in a spooky cemetery at night? He’s hunting for the coffin holding his young daughter – his still living young daughter.…

Mockery (Warner Archive) (1927)
Starring: Lon Chaney, Barbara Bedford, Ricardo Cortez, Mack Swain, Emily Fitzroy
Director: Benjamin Christensen
Synopsis: While scavenging for food among dead bodies during the Russian Revolution, a slow-witted peasant named Sergei (Lon Chaney) is hired by a desperate woman to guide…

The Monster (Warner Archive) (1925)
Starring: Lon Chaney, Johnny Arthur, Gertrude Olmstead, Hallam Cooley, Charles Sellon
Director: Roland West
Synopsis: Once you’re in the lair of vile Dr. Ziska, is there any way out? That’s what Johnny Goodlittle – fresh from receiving his correspondence school detective’s diploma…

Moonfleet (Warner Archive) (1955)
Starring: Stewart Granger, George Sanders, Joan Greenwood, Viveca Lindfors, Jon Whiteley
Director: Fritz Lang
Synopsis: Ground breaking German director Fritz Lang (Metropolis) directs Stewart Granger in this swashbuckling adventure about an 18th century orphan who discovers that his…

Mr. Wu (Warner Archive) (1927)
Starring: Lon Chaney, Louise Dresser, Renee Adoree, Holmes Herbert, Ralph Forbes
Director: William Nigh
Synopsis: As it was for the ancients, so it shall ever be for China’s Mr. Mandarin Wu: do not dishonor the family name. Not even Wu’s beloved daughter shall be spared…

The Unholy Three (Warner Archive) (1925)
Starring: Lon Chaney, Mae Busch, Matt Moore, Victor McLaglen, Harry Earles
Director: Tod Browning
Synopsis: Lon Chaney – the Man of a Thousand Faces – used his makeup skills, astonishing physicality and profound empathy to create Quasimodo, the Phantom of the Opera and…

The Unholy Three (Warner Archive) (1930)
Starring: Lon Chaney, Lila Lee, Elliott Nugent, Harry Earles, John Miljan
Director: Jack Conway
Synopsis: In his last film – and only Talkie – Lon Chaney recreates one of his famed Silent roles: the scheming ventriloquist Prof. Echo. Disguised as Grandma O’Grady, Echo…

Warner Bros. Horror & Mystery Set"

Find the Blackmailer / The Smiling Ghost (Warner Archive) (1943)
Starring: Wayne Morris, Brenda Marshall, Alexis Smith, Alan Hale, Lee Patrick
Director: D. Ross Lederman, Lewis Seiler
Synopsis: Find the Blackmailer (1943, 55 min.) The Smiling Ghost (1941, 71 min.)

Sh! The Octopus / The Hidden Hand (Warner Archive) (1937)
Starring: Hugh Herbert, Allen Jenkins, Marcia Ralston, John Eldredge, George Rosener
Director: William C. McGann, Benjamin Stoloff
Synopsis: Sh! The Octopus (1937, 54 min.) The Hidden Hand (1942, 63 min.)

The Mystery House / The Patient in Room 18 (Warner Archive) (1938)
Starring: Ann Sheridan, Patric Knowles, Jack Holt, Beverly Roberts, Craig Reynolds
Director: Bobby Connolly, Crane Wilbur, Lewis D. Collins
Synopsis: The Mystery House (1938, 66 min.) The Patient in Room 18 (1938, 59 min.)

molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby hoytereden » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:42 pm

The Green Slime-Remastered and widescreen! :D
hoytereden
County Attorney

Postby molly1216 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:40 am

hoytereden wrote:The Green Slime-Remastered and widescreen! :D

i am more interested in The Monster directed by Roland West...very few West films to begin with...now i will have another one!
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby hoytereden » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:03 am

molly1216 wrote:
hoytereden wrote:The Green Slime-Remastered and widescreen! :D

i am more interested in The Monster directed by Roland West...very few West films to begin with...now i will have another one!
I remember that Johnny Arthur was in it and the only other thing I knew him being in was a couple of Our Gang comedies where he played Darla's father. I always recall the gang ruining his birthday party. :lol:

The Green Slime is one of the great cheeses of cinema. A must own for me.
hoytereden
County Attorney

Postby molly1216 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:18 pm

Phantom Tollbooth
http://www.wbshop.com/Phantom-Tollbooth ... ARCHIVENEW

where's the logic here?
that film would SELL!

Madam Satan (DVD, Remastered)
Human Comedy, The (DVD, Remastered)
Outfit, The (DVD, Remastered)
Luise Rainer Collection (3 DVD Set)
Phantom Tollbooth, The (DVD, Remastered)
Hotel
Cry Wolf
That Forsyte Woman
Never Say Goodbye
Woman in Red, The (1935)
Footsteps in the Dark
Man With a Cloak, The
B.F.'S Daughter
Secret Bride, The
Green Light (1937)
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby J.M. Vargas » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:20 am

George Feltenstein on Warner Archive's Two-Year Anniversary: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/movies/anniversary_extra_george_feltenstein_K5z5y84huNwN1iTZDbMuGI
With such a large library, how do you go about setting priorities for releases?
We have just finished doing a gorgeous restoration and master of "The Unfinished Dance,'' which hadn't been touched since a 1988 master that looks pretty awful. I had it scheduled for later in April, but because it involved a psychotic ballet dancer we decided to move it up to March 29, the very same day that the "Black Swan" comes out [from Fox, at retail], which seemed like a great opportunity...We have upped our standards significantly for WAC. People are asking for some of their favorite [Bette] Davis or Humphrey [Bogart titles]. We won't release them unless we can remaster them. Because of the success we've had we're reinvesting in the business. We're also working more closely with other vendors that sell movies to people who don't necessarily use the Internet. We've given "The Great Caruso,'' a title that skews older, as an exclusive to Critics Choice Video. Movies Unlimited [which also operates TCM's retail site] will be getting our first two Jeanette MacDonald-Nelson Eddy titles, "Naughty Marietta'' and "Sweethearts,'' as exclusives next month.

WAC's recent release of "Don Juan'' included the Vitaphone shorts that were shown during its original engagement in 1926. Will you be offering special features on other releases?
Some of our upcoming MGM musicals will have outtake musical sequences that have never been seen -- not just recycled from other releases. We've spoken with some directors about recording commentary tracks. We feel that with certain films you just can't put them out without any kind of context. We're doing everything we can within our limited means to improve the presentation quality. We want people to really be proud they can have these movies on their shelves. We're going to be adding full four-color labels to our releases...all of those things will help to improve the consumer experience.

What else is on tap?
We are always looking to make things better. We've already remastered a handful of our original releases [from two years ago]. We will make special arrangements for consumers who supported us to obtain the remastered versions at a very minimal price in about a month. There are 8 or 10 of them coming. We're going to let people travel into our vault. Our next Podcast will be a very rare radio presentation of "Yolanda and the Thief.'' We're going to be putting cool things out on on discs and podcasts.

The last time I spoke with you, around a year ago, you were introducing remastered titles. The Facebook page has recently mentioned that some titles like "Vivacious Lady'' and "Five Came Back'' were undergoing photochemical restoration as well. When will those start coming through?
"Five Came Back'' has been in the lab for three years and we still have problems. If it's not top quality, it's going to stay in the vault until we can rectify that. Ned Price's team does great photochemical restoration as part of the company's ongoing efforts in this area.

The Facebook page mentioned that "The Unsinkable Molly Brown,'' which had been available at retail and is now out of print, will be coming back via the Archive. Will there be other OOP titles like "The Crimson Pirate''?
There are right issues on "The Crimson Pirate,'' but there are 200 other out-of-print titles we will now be able to bring back with the same features as the original retail releases. We're now using some dual-layer discs that give us a good bit rate for longer titles. In the past, we were limited by he space on DVD 5s and on some titles, we had to leave the trailers off because it would drop the bit rate. Now that is no longer a problem.

There are still some very highly sought, high profile titles not released on DVD -- like "Northwest Passage,'' "A Guy Named Joe,'' "Viva Villa,'' "Ceiling Zero,'' the 1939 "The Great Waltz.'' Will those all eventually turn up at WAC or is there some chance they may go retail?
Some of them may be available at retail. It's up in the air. "Ceiling Zero'' has rights issues.

What about the long-discussed set for Jean Harlow's centennial this year?
I'm not commenting on our Harlow plans. We have something special in mind. We've gotten too many kicks in the butt when we've been honest and open [in the past] and things changed.

Warners recently cleared the rights to another long-unavailable title, "The Constant Nymph,'' which will premiere at next month's TCM Classic Film Festival. When will that be available on DVD?
The ink on the "Night Flight'' deal wasn't dry when I came to work in January and heard that "Constant Nymph'' had been cleared as well. We tried to get a video master going right away, but there were problems with the film elements. We're making new ones off the original camera negative. Within a year, there will be a very nice DVD. I'm not sure if it will be at the Warner Archive Collection or at retail.

Click on the link for more Feltenstein comments, including the sorry state of sales for classic Warner movies on Blu-ray. :(
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Return to DVD