H-5-O

Current or vintage, broadcast, internet, cable, or satellite

H-5-O

Postby MovieAddict » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:18 pm

All in all entertaining and I'm glad the didnt change the title tune.

Not to nit pick but can a Naval Officer tender his resignation on such short notice??
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
- C. S. Lewis
MovieAddict
City Attorney

Re: H-5-O

Postby tucco » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:11 am

So far I am enjoying it a great deal. They work in the angle of being able to get access to info and special help from the governor pretty well. Nice twist.
"See no evil, Speak no evil, Hear no evil, have no Fun"
tucco
County Attorney

Postby molly1216 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:42 am

tucco wrote:So far I am enjoying it a great deal. They work in the angle of being able to get access to info and special help from the governor pretty well. Nice twist.

yep sounds like the governor has nice little nation state thing going on.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby tucco » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:13 am

molly1216 wrote:
tucco wrote:So far I am enjoying it a great deal. They work in the angle of being able to get access to info and special help from the governor pretty well. Nice twist.

.....Their methods of interrogation are a little much ........especially when the torture/waterboarding issues we've had are still fresh in the mind.
tucco
County Attorney

Postby molly1216 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:40 am

tucco wrote:
molly1216 wrote:

.....Their methods of interrogation are a little much ........especially when the torture/waterboarding issues we've had are still fresh in the mind.
i think they are trying to bring in the debate on that issue...displaying a conflict between Mcgarret using a militaristic method to move the investigation along and Williams trying to rein him in back towards more 'legitimate' methods. I just don't see us going backwards on this - we are the people jack bauer has made us.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby tucco » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:08 pm

It was awesome to see the great Robert Loggia on this week's episode...haven't seen him in a while.
tucco
County Attorney

Postby molly1216 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:49 pm

this show has the most unabashed product placements EVER.
i ain't sure what they wereflogging..an iphone or something last night
but Dano kept fiddling with it, and everyone was extolling the virtues of the device
i wanted to puke.

look i like the show, i keep watching..but it's basically a travel video and a commercial
enhanced with plots rerun from the 80s shows.
it's inherent mediocrity will ensure that it will run for 5 years.
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby tucco » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:49 pm

I was wondering when they were going to introduce Wo -Fat....and BOOM! There he was!
I think he should be more like the original one.....mysterious .....not some youngish guy in a nice suit......even though the leads are "prettier" on the new Five-0, I did expect a more exotic looking Wo - Fat.
tucco
County Attorney

Postby tucco » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:00 pm

Does the governor look like Judi Dench on purpose?.....Is she Steve McGarret's "M"?
tucco
County Attorney

Postby molly1216 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:48 am

tucco wrote:Does the governor look like Judi Dench on purpose?.....Is she Steve McGarret's "M"?

no that's just what happens to women of a certain age when they get nipped and tucked..
and NO..you can't pull off having a 'secret' mother in primetime just daytime...the insinuation is that she just knocked boots with his father.
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Postby tucco » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:40 am

Point taken about the boot knocking.....I think she resembles Dench quite a bit though.
....So next I'm guessing they start laying on the Wo Fat angle soon ....he's loitered on screen enough....(if this were facebook I'd insert a "LOL" here)
tucco
County Attorney

Postby J.M. Vargas » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:58 pm

LARISA OLEYNIK ("Secret World of Alex Mack," "10 Things I Hate About You") JOINS THE CAST OF "HAWAII FIVE-0" as "...Jessica Kaye, a Harvard graduate and ex-CIA analyst who arrives from Langley to help Alex O’Loughlin’s Steve McGarrett pursue his nemesis, Wo Fat. Wo Fat murdered her fiancé, a CIA field agent, and it would seem, she’d like payback." It's a recurring guest-starring role that could extend into regular status for Season 2. Don't watch the show (and won't start watching now just because she's been cast) but good for Larisa to land her biggest gig since "30 Rock From the Sun." Her episodes start airing in March. 8)
'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s***'
J.M. Vargas
County Prosecutor

Postby molly1216 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:47 pm

J.M. Vargas wrote:LARISA OLEYNIK ("Secret World of Alex Mack," "10 Things I Hate About You") JOINS THE CAST OF "HAWAII FIVE-0" as "...Jessica Kaye, a Harvard graduate and ex-CIA analyst who arrives from Langley to help Alex O’Loughlin’s Steve McGarrett pursue his nemesis, Wo Fat. Wo Fat murdered her fiancé, a CIA field agent, and it would seem, she’d like payback." It's a recurring guest-starring role that could extend into regular status for Season 2. Don't watch the show (and won't start watching now just because she's been cast) but good for Larisa to land her biggest gig since "30 Rock From the Sun." Her episodes start airing in March. 8)

i got bored and stopped watching...i may catch up with the dvds come out...i swear if they started reusing the scripts from the 70s, i would NOT be at all surprised.
molly1216
County Prosecutor

Return to Television